"Saved" ladies married to "unsaved" men?

Almaz

I understand that everyone at one time or another in their lives have issues with faith

Its very discouraging to me too. Just because he does not believe or have issues with faith that still does not make him less of a Jew.

Almaz, He said he didn't know what he believed anymore, then he doesn't follow many of the basic principles, but he does follow the rituals. In my opinion that’s just following tradition with no real meaning. As far as faith, I find that the prophets and patriots in the bible only had faith to go on. In the New Testament we read about their faith and how they stayed on the path even though they (some) did not see the promises. Daniel stayed faithful and he was alone, his faith got him through the Lion’s Den, Joseph faith saved his life (this is before the dream of Pharaohs) and Egypt’s and his people, David’s faith killed Goliath, Elijah’s faith caused it not to rain for 3 years etc.. These prophets and patriots did not hear the word of God, face to face or in their minds like Moses, Solomon, Noah and Samuel. He and I know all the stories all of them and yet I believe and he does not. (I knew them in more detail then he did) but what was shocking to me was that I knew he didn't believe the New testament or anything really connected to Jesus, it never occurred to me that he didn’t' even believe most of the Old. or the 1st testament or as it should be the first witness. I no longer had a reason to discuss with him anything. I never really got the answer I needed but I wanted some history for one thing or another and that he was able to provide but nothing else. So we no longer talk about spiritual matters or what I feel is spiritual matters. I purchased the Torah and used his Greek &Hebrew bible so we can discuss but it was futile. I am not grouping him with all Jewish People but it was very discouraging to me. Plus throughout all our conversations he never thought to question anything just basically said I do not believe it and that was that.

Last edited: