Roller Sets: Setting lotion or Leave in Con

lonei

I usually do roller sets using motions leave in conditioner and setting lotion. However I have noticed that most of you don't mention a setting lotion. The setting lotion does tend to restrict the bounce and fluffyness sometimes. Does anyone just use leave in conditioner? If so, what brand and how does it come out? Suggestions for other products that leave a soft, shiny and light finish are also welcome, please include your general techniques. Much Obliged Ladies

KinksnCurlz

I use Keracare Leave in or Salerm 21 leave in. It leaves my hair soft and bouncy. My curls stay springy only if i invisible roller curl them at night. I don't like setting lotion -too sticky to me - unless i'm getting some kind of spiral set. But if you must use setting lotion, i would opt for the ready to use lottabody
. BTW, i also use Aroscio leave in spray b/c i'm addicted to it

SoniT

I prefer setting lotion. I tried rollersetting my hair with Infusium 23 leave-in but it really didn't hold the curl for me. I use Lottabody (in the purple and white bottle) or Pantene Relaxed and Natural's wrap and set lotion.

HollyGolightly

I always get sticky / stiff hair when I use lottabody setting lotion. The best thing for me is Motions foaming wrap lotion. It makes my hair dry quickly and leaves a good sheen when I comb out my wraps.

PrettyBrownEyes

I prefer to use setting lotion. I like the "set" they provide as opposed to just using a leave-in. My favorite that I always rave about is the Ready-to-use Lottabody, this formula provides my thick hair with shine, body, smoothness, and manageability.

naomi

good skin and hair
I like Salerm 21 leave-in, it does give your hair awesome body, especially if you massage it into your roots, and it leaves your hair soft.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
If you get the right setting lotion--you can get a beautiful, shiny roller set.

I remember when I mixed Keracare foam and setting lotion together--I got great results.

Now I like to mix Dudley Foam and Dudley Fantastic Body setting lotion--it works great

Also, for a nice natural looking (less defined) roller set--I like Pantene Wrap/Set Lotion followed by L'Oreal Smooth Intense Serum with Keracare Silken Seal on the ends.

LABETT

I always use Lottabody creme wrap or foam for rollersets.
I have never done a rollerset with just a leave-in conditioner I am going to try it with salerm 21 my next wash.

dstdiva

[ QUOTE ]
CaramelHonee said:
I use Keracare Leave in or Salerm 21 leave in. It leaves my hair soft and bouncy. My curls stay springy only if i invisible roller curl them at night. I don't like setting lotion -too sticky to me - unless i'm getting some kind of spiral set. But if you must use setting lotion, i would opt for the ready to use lottabody
. BTW, i also use Aroscio leave in spray b/c i'm addicted to it

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry to highjack the thread, but CaramelHonee, that's a new pic and your hair is like WOW! looking good, lady!

webby

Think Slim
I use Nexxus Headress with a little Sebastion Potion No. 9.
I also use Humectress and a Dominician leave-in conditioner...all of which leaves my hair smooth, shiny, but not stiff.

I have used Thermasilk Heat Activated Conditioner (used it just this weekend) and my hair is stiff, plus my already super thick hair is even thicker due to the coating.