BEST SETTING LOTION?

Barbie83

Just wondering what, in your experience, is the best setting lotion for achieving shiny, moist, smooth roller sets? I currently use Motions Foaming wrap lotion, and it leaves a little to be desired :ohwell:.....

Also, any tips on things to mix with setting lotion?

And do you think spray/liquid setting lotion is more moisturizing than foam?

Thanks in advance ladies!

sqzbly1908

Hey Friend - I alternate between Lacio Lacio and Lottabody (the blue one that you have to dilute) - Motions is ish!!! It was sticky and gummy on my hair - garbage!

Used to use Keracare Setting Lotion back in the day. I never mixed it, just use as is.

My hair used to be soft and moist when dried.

baby42

these are not setting lotion but the work for curlys for me alter ego leave in and lacio-lacio both do me good. moisturizer and shiny i use it with heat or air dry

chebaby

silk elements is the best imo. you dont have to mix it with anything because silk elements foam wrap already has great ingrediants including oils and extracts.

Egyptjones

I have been using Lotta Body's Wrap n' Tap for YEARS. Always gives me bouncy, never crispy, curls.

gorgeous86

Nairobi Foam wrap. My hair was never hard or sticky and always VERY shiny. It is the best setting lotion hands down.

outspokenwallflower

I've tried Keracare and it was good.

I'm now using Nairobi; I've only used it twice and my roller sets were trash, but my hair felt silky and smooth and not at all crispy. I like it a lot. :)

Solitude

I used to use Motions back in the day. It does help the hair "stretch" over the roller better.

Now, I vote for anything "creamy" - Lacio Lacio, Silicon Mix, Garnier Humidity Milk, Aveda Glossyfying Treatment or NTM leave-in. A creamy leave-in with a serum produces the best roller-setting result for me, much better than a traditional setting lotion.

uofmpanther

4ab, lopo, fine, low-med density
I love the Keracare Wrap Set and Elasta QP Silk. Keracare gives the soft bounce. Elasta QP is a firmer hold.

yardgirl

Hmm, I'm in the market for a setting lotion to use before I sit under a bonnet dryer. I was going to try Design Essentials Masterpiece but I want options so I'll look into the Keracare Foam Wrap-Set Lotion.

yardgirl

I bought the Keracare Foam Wrap Lotion and it did a fantastic job. I am very pleased. I go the 32oz and my stylist gave me an empty foaming pump bottle :grin:

hillytmj

I rollerset weekly. So far, I really like Chi "Straight Gaurd." I just do one small squirt per section of my hair (based on the mohawk set method) and a little goes a long way to give me a soft hold. I'd also like to try Lacio Lacio.

LABETT

Nairobi Foam wrap. My hair was never hard or sticky and always VERY shiny. It is the best setting lotion hands down.
You are right on time with this review,Ladies in my town buy 2-3 bottles at a time.
I have seen this foam wrap at Hair Cuttery and Cost Cutter Salons.
Many of the BSS in my town has started to sell the whole Nairobi Line which includes the relaxers.

Barbie83

Well I finally bought some Nairobi, and ya'll were right, it's fabulous! My hair comes out super shiny and sleek. Now, why didn't anyone bother to mention it's $13.99?? Bout had a heart attack. :lachen:

so worth it ;)

yardgirl

Kami, the Keracare Foam Lotion has Keratin Amino acids and I think that may be one of the reasons why it left me with strength and slip.

Arian

Loc'ing Up!
Nairobi wins--hands down....:yep:

KeraCare made my ends crunchy--so crunchy that I had to trim them...yikes!