Setting Lotion/Leave-in do you use for Roller set?

L

lkg4healthyhair

I just used the NTM leave in and serum combo and it left my hair so soft...I let me rollerset air dry.

crml_buttafly

yesterday i used rusks smoother and ntm serum...let me tell you my hair is soooo shiny and soft. it has never ever been that soft!

before i always used ntm leave in i like that but i am now sold on rusk and ntm serum

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Things I have used in the past...

LottaBody Setting Lotion (before LHCF days)
Motions Nourish leave-in Conditioner (sometimes used Silk Elements glossing polish on my ends with it)
Salerm21 (used after I applied Motions leave-in)

...And now...

...NTM Silk Touch Leave-in Cream! is what I'll be using for future rollersets! :grin:

Allandra

I love using Salerm 21 leave in for roller setting. I also love using Lafier Honey and Almond Rinse. Both of these give me nice, soft, silky hair.

miracle

I've used Black n' Sassy Foamy Set, Maxi Foam Set and KeraCare Foaming Wrap Lotion for roller sets. Of all them, I liked the Black n' Sassy Foamy Set best.

candibaby

bludacious said:
Glad you said that, candibaby. I have some Elasta QP H-Two. How is it on shine and texture?

My hair is always shiny after rollersetting, but it's not because of the leave-in. I don't know what you mean by texture.. It does leave my hair soft. My only reason for using it is to close the cuticle and because it has sunscreen. I don't use it because it does something magical or something for my rollersets. :look:

luvSLave

I use Salerm 21 and John Frieda Relax Texture Correcting Serum (I don't know what I'm gonna do when I run out:( ).

I used to use a diluted setting lotion for hold, but in an effort to simplify I've just been using smaller rollers. Now even when the curls fall I've got body and its never crunchy.

bludacious

Love the Feedback ladies, Thanks!!!

I was thinking of using the Elasta QP H-two and Fantasia Hair polish (It's a heat protector and work for shine)

or

Keracare Foam Wrap/setting lotion!

I have such good ideas I don't know. I will most likely be in the BSS tomorrow!

carolina_belle

I love Salerm 21 for my rollersets. It only takes a small amount. Anything excessive and it seems to dull my hair. A little dab will do ya. NTM Serum and cream are also good products. Sometimes I will put the Salerm 21 or NTM in my spray bottle so that when I re-wet, a little more is applied.

I have found that technique also makes a huge difference in the appearance of the roller set. I have had two different roller set results using the same leave-in, but with with varying degrees of tension used to really pull the roller tight. The tighter, the better.

As an aside, I went to the Wal-Mart salon near me and the stylist put in the 21 like I asked. Then before I could say anything she started pumping this foam ALL over my head. My hair was a hot, sticky mess when she was done even with sitting under the dryer for 1 hour. She then proceeded to attempt a blow-out with lots of breaks to spray Dudley's sheen spray. I was so disgusted I just paid the $14 and never went back. The product does not make the roller set.

MissM

I've gone back to using Isoplus wrap lotion until I can get either some Lacio Lacio or some Salerm21. It works really well for me and I do agree about technique. I prefer to set with mesh rollers, cause you can really use a lot of tension to set which gets my roots straight-especially now that I am 16 weeks due for relaxer! I just don't want anything that makes my hair too crispy, hard and sticky.

Jewell

When I used to rollerset my hair, I used Elasta QP Design Foam, because it has a few natural ingredients. Plus, it didn't leave my hair crispy. I automatically use leave in (Infusium 23) everytime I shampoo or CO wash...that is a given. I'd spray on Perm Repair setting lotion after applying Design foam.

amy1234

I use Paul Mitchell foaming pomade- helps to detangle the hair when rollersetting and gives a nice sheen to the hair. :)

krissyprissy

I use Silky Milk by Strait Request setting lotion. It detangles and makes my hair soft. It doesnt dry hard like that blue stuff.

Allandra

curlybun said:
I use Paul Mitchell foaming pomade- helps to detangle the hair when rollersetting and gives a nice sheen to the hair. :)
This is what my stylist uses when she roller sets my hair. It works great when she uses it.

Nyambura

surfer girl
Salerm 21, Lacio Lacio, or a dab of Elucence MB conditioner as a leave-in w/ some Elucence Serious Shining Spray. :)