Rich Shampoos and Conditioners...help!!!

MaiaTwin

Im new here and I need some help........

Ive decided to give my hair a much needed rest and stop relaxing my hair for awhile. The only problem is that when I wash my natural hair (which is very thick), it tangles up really badly and I have a hard time getting the comb through it.

Can someone please recommend some great detangling shampoos and conditioners that REALLY work and are REALLY nourishing for natural or relaxed hair. I remember reading about Aussie Slip Conditoner. Any more suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Britt

Creme of Nature is a very good moisturizing and detangling shampoo. There are a lot of raves about it on the board.

AnjelLuvs

I had this problem once before. A good deep conditioner (i use lekair) should do the trick. If you like vitamins MSM would make you the happiest person in the world

Armyqt

10 Creme of Nature (yellow and green) or Elucence Moisture Balance Shampoos
2) Pantene Smooth and Sleek Conditioner
3) Arosci Intravying Spray Leave-In

These are the products I use on my daughter's naturals and they help tremendously with tangling. It's also important to have a super huge seamless comb to aid in detangling. And finally, work by small sections at a time and keep rewetting as you get to each new section. hth

T

Tee

Cream of Nature Professional Shampoo (beige and red bottle)
BreakThru Shampoo
Biolage Detangling Solution
LUST

sbg4evr

Cream of Nature Pro shampoo
Redken All-soft shampoo
Pantene Curls conditioner
Keracare Humecto conditioner
Redken All-soft conditioner

I have great success with these products. My hair is natural and I have 4A/4b/...4z hair.

Jade21

MaiaTwin,

Welcome to the site and I just wanted to mention a particular line to you which is pretty much available at many drugstores and supermarkets. You can also get many of the products at drugstore.com That is: St. Ives Swiss Formula.

My hair is 2b, very thick and tangles easily when wet. These conditioners have saved me a lot of time, money and have kept my hair in excellent condition. The ones I would particularly recommend to you are: Vanilla and Edelweiss (Moisturizing formula), Aloe Vera and Echinacea (Revitalizing formula, can use even if your hair is not color-treated, mine is not), Chamomile and Sunflower (for fine hair, but works great even if your hair is not like mine) and Raspberry and Jojoba (normal hair formula...very moisturizing even for dryer hair...don't let the title fool you:)). These whip the tangles tremendously.

Definitely try a leave-in conditioner for detangling. One of my favorites is the Neutrogena Instant Shine Detangler. It's very light, but the tangles are non-existent after using it and your hair is always soft afterwards. No hard hair.

Be sure to get a detangling comb like the ladies mentioned. I would highly recommend the larger detangler at HairSense.com. They sell bone combs (really organic resin) which are truly healthy for your hair in terms of protection and breakage deterrence. Defintiely check out the information there.

~Jade~

P.S. I think you would also like the Roger & Gallet Oatmilk shampoo which I mentioned in the "better than Creme of Nature" thread. Check it out at Synergiespa.com Soft, vibrant, shiny, moisturized hair

jazzyfunknastee

Maia, I know you from the Wendy board (I'm starfish and coffee) and I didn't answer your post there but listen to Jade
She knows about that St. Ives line. I have some finicky hair and she recommended those same conditioners for me. I used them and haven't looked back since. I'm having trouble with underprocessed hair now and since I've run out of those staples, I'm having tons of trouble. I need to listen to Jade again LOL

Nacai23

I like, no I LOVE Elucence products. I also have very thick natural hair. The Elucence shampoos and conditioners detangles like nothing I've tried before. Also, they're all natural which is a plus for me.