Seeking For Good Natural Hair Products: Shampoos, Conditioners....

star

In search of natural hair products to give my hair a break every now and then from chemical ones. I heard reports about sulfate and aluminium ingredients in hair products and want to have some healthy alternatives on the side. Mainly looking for shampoos and conditioners. Thanks!! :D

star

Thanks, I forgot all about Audrey's and going to do a search on Burts Bees and Dr. Bronners. :)
DelightfulFlame said:
Aubrey Organics, Burts Bees, Dr. Bronners

Last edited:

ximenia

I tried Aubrey Organics and Dr. Bronners shampoos and they dried my hair out.
My recs for good natural conditioners are: www.oyinhandmade.com (whipped pudding/greg juice) and www.qhemetbiologics.com (olive & honey balm).

star

Thanks this sounds yummy. Must check out the site. :lol:

ximenia said:
I tried Aubrey Organics and Dr. Bronners shampoos and they dried my hair out.
My recs for good natural conditioners are: www.oyinhandmade.com (whipped pudding/greg juice) and www.qhemetbiologics.com (olive & honey balm).

star

Thanks for your input and saw your message about Honey Suckle Rose. :)

CLASSYEBONYGIRL said:
Aubrey Organics, Avalon Organics, Jason's Naturals and Dr. Bonner's.

Good luck!!

CLASSYEBONYGIRL

star said:
Thanks for your input and saw your message about Honey Suckle Rose. :)

Your very welcome Star:) . Switching to natural hair products was the best thing I could have done to my hair. My hair is far from dry ever since I started using shampoos and conditioners with natural ingredients. I know that everyone's hair is different and it might respond differently to some hair products but nothing tried nothing done so you can give them a try and see how they work for you;) .

Shinka

I get my all natural products ( house cleaners, laundry, etc) from melaleuca.com

Their hair line is call advanced expressions. The products smell divine and are mositurizing. My husband loves it to smell my hair.

They have lots of great things at wholesale prices.

I don't think they list all the ingredients on site, if you want a list pm me for it.

star

Thanks, I use to use melaluca's soaps I think I will go and check out their site. If want to order I will pm you:)
Shinka said:
I get my all natural products ( house cleaners, laundry, etc) from melaleuca.com

Their hair line is call advanced expressions. The products smell divine and are mositurizing. My husband loves it to smell my hair.

They have lots of great things at wholesale prices.

I don't think they list all the ingredients on site, if you want a list pm me for it.

Last edited:

Cinnabuns

Hello star (I love your name) I use a very natual shampoo from Trader Joe's caled Castille Soap. It's very gentle to your hair and does not strip it. it has peppermint oil in it also. I love this stuff and it's only around $3.00 per bottle. I follow that up with EVOO as a leave-in. For a deep protein conditioner I use coconut milk. I've been staying away from the BSS for quie sometime now :)

star

This is funny I saw your name and picture on another thread and said wow, what a beautiful color blue and a delicious name. I love sweets. This shampoo sounds good where do you get it? Any thing with peppermint in it I am fanantic over. Thanks again for sharing. :)

Cinnabuns said:
Hello star (I love your name) I use a very natual shampoo from Trader Joe's caled Castille Soap. It's very gentle to your hair and does not strip it. it has peppermint oil in it also. I love this stuff and it's only around $3.00 per bottle. I follow that up with EVOO as a leave-in. For a deep protein conditioner I use coconut milk. I've been staying away from the BSS for quie sometime now :)

carameldiva

Try www.freshlymade.biz they have great natural hair products and i really love the organic hair butter.

The website has changed- it is now www.freshlymadebeauty.com

Last edited:

miracle

carameldiva said:
Try www.freshlymade.biz they have great natural hair products and i really love the organic hair butter.

I like the organic hair butter, too. That stuff is awesome!! :)

Lucia

I love Aubrey's stuff, I also use coconut creme as a conditioner it helps me with managability my hair's way thick.

star

Thanks ladies for your help! Carameldiva, I look at this site the butter looks awesome got to have it. Thanks for you input. The other products also look yummy. :grin:

carameldiva said: