Detangling Shampoos and Conditioners

kenre3

I am having problems with my hair. Everytime I wash my hair. It tangles so bad. I wash it in the shower and use cream of nature and nothing is helping. Can anyone give any suggestions and products that help. I bought some Biotera Detangling Conditioner from Sallies. Has anyone tried it. Help me Please!

Karonica

I'm having great success with Optimum Super Protecting Shampoo followed by Dark-n-Lovely Cholesterol. I didn't think these products would do me any good, but they are working wonders on my hair. I haven't had a battle with tangles since I started using them in August.

Angelicus

My hair likes the green Lustrasilk cholesterol. it has mineral oil in it it though so you'll need to clarify once in a while if you use this product.

kenre3

Thanks. I will try anything. I hate washing my hair. At first when I started using the Cream of Nature I did not have any problems. Now it seems as if my hair is use to it and not responding.

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
[ QUOTE ]
when I started using the Cream of Nature I did not have any problems. Now it seems as if my hair is use to it and not responding.

[/ QUOTE ]

You probably need to clarify. Check this thread , too.

Cameos

The most success I have had with detangling is with water. After conditioning I gently comb my hair under running water. It works every time!

aqualung

I dunno your hair type, but here's a 4b perspective. Biotera is Sally's knock-off of Biolage. The Biolage detangling solution is a good detangler (comparable to CON and Keracare hydrating detangling shampoo).

I'm truly convinced that the Biolage leave-in tonic is the most detanglingest thing I've ever experienced in my 6 months of experimentation. Try conditioner washing with your CON or your detangling solution conditioner, AND THEN spray in Biolage leave-in tonic. For me, the key to detangling is the tonic, NOT the conditioner.

cardinalfire

Why do you detangle after you shampoo? Try wetting your hair thoroughly with warm water, glob on the conditioner, then comb through WHILE you rinse it under the shower. Then shampoo, applying the shampoo to your scalp and then just pulling the suds down the length of your hair. Don't pile it on your head and rub it and dont apply shampoo directly to your hair. After shampooing, condition/deep condition again and rinse out.

Some people also like to use a paddle brush to detangle, but this is ONLY if you are talking about sopping wet hair that is completely saturated with conditioner.

Most of all, it takes patience. Start at the ends and work up.

I like Kenra Moisturizing for detangling.

T

Tee

[ QUOTE ]
cardinalfire said:
Try wetting your hair thoroughly with warm water, glob on the conditioner, then comb through WHILE you rinse it under the shower.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what has worked for my tangle prone hair. Excellent advice!

Zahira999

CARAMEL HONEEE
I see you are from the Bronx. I live in Brooklyn and I am looking for a trustworthy person to put a relaxer in my hair. The type of relaxer you use is the one I am planning to switch too: Affirm Mild sensitive or maybe Fiberguard. But anyway, I was thinking that maybeyou can give me the same exact hair salon and exact hairdresser who does your hair because it's gorgoeous!
I am very cautious when it comes to hairstylist because I had some bad experiences. My hair is in top good condition because I have been doing it my self. I would let my sister do my hair but you need to have a licsence to use Affirm. But please respond as soon as possible. I have went 4 months without a relaxer. I think its time!!!!

Miosy

Kenre3, I use to suffer from bad tangles too. You can try this along with the other suggestions from the Ladies and see what works for you.
1. Give yourself a pre-shampoo treatment. I used cholestrol for this.
2. Wash your hair in sections; part your hair into four sections and wash & detangle this way. My hair tangles when I wash all back, this is the only thing that works for me.
3. Definitely clarify when using CON, after awhile I get a build up from it that prevents it from working properly

inthepink

I think Miosy has the right idea. I was getting terrible tangles when I first started transitioning, then I started washing my hair in two sections. This has helped tremendously. Then, you can try doing a 3-part detangle:
1. detangle while your hair is drenched with conditioner
2. detangle again as you are rinsing out the conditioner
3. a final detangle after you get out of the shower and have applied a leave-in
I do this and it saves a lot of hair and my sanity!
Good luck!

inthepink

Oops, I forgot to mention the detangling shampoos and conditioners that I like:
Kenra Moisturizing (more expensive)
Suave Humectant (super cheap)
Pantene Hydrating Curls (more than Suave but still cheap)

All of the above have shampoos to match though I have only tried the Kenra. I have always found 2in1 conditioners to be very detangling, too. You might want to give those a try - Pantene has good 2in1s.

Isis

[ QUOTE ]
megonw said:
I dunno your hair type, but here's a 4b perspective. Biotera is Sally's knock-off of Biolage. The Biolage detangling solution is a good detangler (comparable to CON and Keracare hydrating detangling shampoo).

I'm truly convinced that the Biolage leave-in tonic is the most detanglingest thing I've ever experienced in my 6 months of experimentation. Try conditioner washing with your CON or your detangling solution conditioner, AND THEN spray in Biolage leave-in tonic. For me, the key to detangling is the tonic, NOT the conditioner.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, although I get good detangling with my conditioner too. I use Nexxus Humectress for about 30 min. on my heat with a cap and comb it while rinsing under the shower. No tangling. Afterwards, I apply either Nexxus Headress leave-in or Biolage Leave-in Tonic and comb it through. My comb just slides through easily.

AfroChick

my hair doesn't tangle extremely bad, but i recently went back to using Johnson and Johnson "No more tears" baby detangling shampoo...like my mom used on my hair until i was about 6 or 7 years old

it worked pretty well for my hair, little to no tangling and it wasn't very harsh and over drying to my hair

just a suggestion...i don't know if anyone else has tried baby shampoos/detanglers

kenre3

Thank you all so much. That was some very good advice. I am definitly going to try it and I will let you all know how it goes. I am going to my hair this weekend.

Thank you so much this really gave me a different perspective

CrownnGlori

On the childrens shampoo note. I forgot to mention that the Motions Conditioning and Detangling is a staple for the last few weeks before a tough-up.