Best Shampoos and Conditioners for New Growth

krissynick

hey guys

I need some good products for my new growth if i am going to stretch well without breaking...

What shampoos and conditioners do you guys use to stretch . I need some that have very good detangling properties and are very moisturizing.

Leslie_C

I would look for shampoos without sulfates in them, and also subsitute cowashing for shampooing as much as possible. A lot of ppl like Cream of Nature. I like Design Essentials Moisture Retention. It doesnt have a lot of slip, but it doesnt strip your hair and leaves it soft.

Some good conditioners for slip are white rain tropical coconut(I love this one for cowashing or a final rinse). For Deep conditioning I love ORS replenishing paks (I buy the big bottle--its called replenishing conditioner) and Pantene Relaxed and Natural Breakage Defense Mask.

Coconut oil really helps to soften and flatten your new growth. If you arent trying to hold on to a straight style carefree curl or scurl works good on new growth too.

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
Nothing beats Creme of Nature Detangling Shampoo:

I'm on a mission to find a conditioner with Chamomile that works just as well. Their Nourishing conditioner comes close but no cigar:

LiLi

Paul Mitchell Super Skinny System and, as Leslie said, Design Essentials Moisture Retention Shampoo (my new found love thanks to Leslie :grin:).

Brownie518

Paul Mitchell Super Skinny System and, as Leslie said, Design Essentials Moisture Retention Shampoo (my new found love thanks to Leslie :grin:).

Yes, to both of these suggestions. I also like the Herbal Essences Dangerously Straight conditioner, ORS packs, Joico Silk Result conditioner, Amla oil, and L'oreal Unfrizz Smoothing Treatment. These all do me right!!! :yep:

Leslie_C

aw shucks....:drunk:....hmm Im gonna have to look into the skinny system bc my new growth is getting out of control at almost 8 weeks post and I try to shoot for 12. I lost a lot of hair detangling yesterday.....prolly bc I gave u my shampoo :lachen:....just playing! Is the PM system stripping at all? I had the sample set a long time ago but that was in my jacked up hair days and I dont remember much about it.

LiLi

aw shucks....:drunk:....hmm Im gonna have to look into the skinny system bc my new growth is getting out of control at almost 8 weeks post and I try to shoot for 12. I lost a lot of hair detangling yesterday.....prolly bc I gave u my shampoo :lachen:....just playing! Is the PM system stripping at all? I had the sample set a long time ago but that was in my jacked up hair days and I dont remember much about it.

Girl, I will hook you up with a sample so you can try it out. But basically, that system is the reason why I didn't feel the need to relax my hair for 3 years ...:lachen:. I am replacing the shampoo with the design essentials shampoo though (and I can't believe I'm saying that ... I've been using the Paul Mitchell shampoo for years!!!).