Relaxed ladies who use Ayurveda...what to do first?

Hi again....ok this question is for my relaxed ladies who use the indian powders as part of their regimen.....I have atleast 1 in, at the most 2in of new growth my last relaxer was like 8 weeks ago, and it reversed.....so i'm actually like 5 months going on 6 months post and I'm shedding like crazy.......not breakage though.....my hair still feels thick.....I wanted to start my strict ayurveda regimen and keep it up until I either run out of products or until my next relaxer.....my question is should I, A) Do my relaxer first and then start on my ayurveda regimen, if so how early should I start? or B) Start my ayurveda regimen and then wait about 3 more months and then relaxed? (Put in mind I have lots of new growth.....) I was thinking about relaxing first and waiting a month after my relaxer to start my ayurveda regimen and try and stretch 4 or 5 months....what do you ladies think?????

janeemat

Bumping Bumping Bumping........I have the same question. I'm 11 wks post and wondering if I should begin using the indian powders/oils now or just relax at my normal 12 wks then begin about 2 wks later. I was going to pm Aggie about this. Maybe she will come in and help us out.

Well ladies since no one respond, I decided to do a protein treatment or use my Roux Porosity Control conditioner, and then about 3 or 4 days later do my relaxer, and then after two weeks I'm going to start my ayurveda regimen, and try and do that for 5 or six months..I'll let you ladies know about the results......thanks for bumping this ladies!

hurricane

I would relax first and wait 2 weeks before starting ayurveda. Some people start a week after the relaxer. Then I stop using ayurveda powders 1 week before a relaxer. I still use coconut oil.

For your new growth I mixed olive oil and coconut oil together and basted my new growth. It came out soft and manageable. That worked for me. Idunno it's worth a try.

Prose Princess

Most people say you should do tea rinses when you have a lot of new growth, because the bits and pieces get caught up in your hair if you do a paste. I started doing tea rinses about a week after my relaxer and didn't have any problems. I did it in addition to the Aphogee 2 min reconstructor and my hair still came out feeling soft after my deep condition. I've had little to no breakage since then, and I was getting a lot because my stylist over processed me :wallbash:. I haven't tried the paste yet, so I can't really speak on that. What powders/oils are you working with?

I would relax first and wait 2 weeks before starting ayurveda. Some people start a week after the relaxer. Then I stop using ayurveda powders 1 week before a relaxer. I still use coconut oil.

For your new growth I mixed olive oil and coconut oil together and basted my new growth. It came out soft and manageable. That worked for me. Idunno it's worth a try.

Thanks, I just PMed you the same question, it seems that no one was responding....but thanks again, I'm going to relax and then do my ayurveda regimen after two weeks....thanks again!!!:yep:

janeemat

Well ladies since no one respond, I decided to do a protein treatment or use my Roux Porosity Control conditioner, and then about 3 or 4 days later do my relaxer, and then after two weeks I'm going to start my ayurveda regimen, and try and do that for 5 or six months..I'll let you ladies know about the results......thanks for bumping this ladies!

This sounds like a plan to me. I will be doing my relaxer next week and then start my ayurvedic in 2 wks. I'm not going to take a chance of some of the grain getting caught in this jungle.