Relaxed heads: What is your staple relaxer?

pink219

Hey relaxed haired ladies, have your staple relaxer for your regimen yet, or do you use whatever or switch around a lot like me (unfortunately...lol).

Tell us which relaxer you use and if it's lye or no lye.

Andrea2012

Just started my HHJ and began self relaxing in October 2012. I have been using Elasta QP lye relaxer Mild Strength, but I think I'm going to switch to ORS Lye in Regular Strength. I've been trying to transition to texlaxed but the mild is leaving way more texture than I want. What have you tried/like?

Onhergrind09

Affirm Fiberguard for Sensitive Scalp (even though I don't have a sensitive scalp). I've been using it for almost two year, have never gotten burned and have never had a bad experience. I use the entire Fiberguard system. I mix it as normal strength.

Last edited:

pink219

Just started my HHJ and began self relaxing in October 2012. I have been using Elasta QP lye relaxer Mild Strength, but I think I'm going to switch to ORS Lye in Regular Strength. I've been trying to transition to texlaxed but the mild is leaving way more texture than I want. What have you tried/like?

I think I have given up on lye relaxers...so it's back to no lye for me...

My top choices in no particular order (that I have used before), once I relax again are between the following no lye relaxers.

1. Dark & lovely
2. Silk elements Olive oil
3. Vitale Sensitive Scalp
4. ORS olive oil

Last edited:

Angel of the North

I've been using Affirm since June last year, I will continue to use this for a long time, i've always wanted to try Mizani butter blends though. I'll probably try that on my next relaxed hair journey.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
i am no longer relaxing but vitale lye relaxers gave me the most beautiful results

Andrea2012

I think I have given up on lye relaxers...so it's back to no lye for me...

My top choices in no particular order (that I have used before), once I relax again are between the following no lye relaxers.

1. Dark & lovely
2. Silk elements Olive oil
3. Vitale Sensitive Scalp
4. ORS olive oil

My sister uses the ORS Olive Oil no lye. It really works great for her hair.

Evo-ny

Silk Elements Mild Lye

It's the only one they sell here in a mild formula, so now that my hair is finally on the right track I'm not gonna risk trying the others.

Keen

Silk Elements - Mild Lye
ORS - Lye

Beamodel Are you texlaxed? I use silk element regular. I really like it. My sister wants to texlax. I recommended silk element but I wasn't sure how strong it is.

Babygrowth. How do you like the mild relaxer? Have you ever used regular? Are u texlaxed or do u get bone straight from the mild?

Last edited:

ghanagirl23

OKay in the beginning I use to Just for me I got too many scabs from that then I switched to dr.miracles smh never again my hair was breaking then I switched to ORS made my hair dry then I switched to Africas Best it was alright I likeed it but i something made me want to try the creme of nature argan oil perming creme no-lye because I use the products honestly I love it so much ! im not switching anytime soon