Relaxed Heads - How often do you moisturize?

How often do you moisturize???

• 1-2x daily

Votes: 158 60.1%
  • A few times a week

Votes: 65 24.7%
  • As needed (explain)

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Never

Votes: 9 3.4%

• Total voters

Lilmama1011

LoveBeautyKisses said:
Ok ladies so when u are wearing your hair in a wrap, how do u keep it up being as though m&s'ing is messing up the bumped ends???

I use to wear my hair wrapped every night but now I wear roller sets a lot so now when I go to the salon and get my color I wrap it for that week. I don't do anything to keep up my curled ends and don't really care if after a while it gets straight I just apply my castor oil to my ends, try not to go to have comb through and wrap and surprisingly it doesn't get to straight after I take it out, each Dalit get straighter because the build up but that's ok because I do my hair every week but if I did it every two weeks it would be curled under one week and straightish or straight the following week

sckri23

Sofn'free gro healthy: milk protein and olive oil growth lotion on roots (seal with growth oil) and on ends (seal with grease) then brush down and seal everything with wrap lotion

Once or twice a week

*~SCKRI23~* via LHCF app

Last edited:

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
I already answered but dropping by to say, now that the weather is nice and hot, I'm getting great moisture from using glycerin (Scurl).

D.Lisha

divachyk said:
I already answered but dropping by to say, now that the weather is nice and hot, I'm getting great moisture from using glycerin (Scurl).

divachyk
So am I. This product works wonders for my NG as I stretch my relaxers. It is definitely a staple product in my regimen!

Sent from my iPod touch using LHCF

divachyk

@divachyk how do you use S-curl? Maybe I should consider purchasing a bottle.
mamaore, as a moisturizer or ng hdyrator. I either spritz ng for softer ng if that's my main focus. Or, spritz ng/length as daily moisturizer. Be sure to use when climate are optimum and don't overly apply. If I get too heavy handed, it makes my hair sticky, clump together and tangle.

Evolving78

i don't have Scurl, but i got Wave Nouveau and Taliah Waajid. Hawaiian Silky 14n1 works good too. i spray directly on my new growth first and then moisturize the length. has been working very well for me and has helped me to stretch so far. around this time i am usually screaming for a touchup. (8 weeks)

itismehmmkay

I really need something at least midweek. I don't want Profectiv or anything buttery that's going to be heavy like that. I would do the Elasta QP H2O that I use as a leave-in, but I'd rather something not water-based. I'm thinking about the Elasta QP Recovery. I hear it's oil-based, but I've never seen how it really looks. Googling it now.

itismehmmkay

Uhhhhhh it is water based. Maybe I'll just spray some H2O after I rollerset. It's so light-weight it shouldn't make it wet. And even if it does, I'll all the way relaxed; so don't have to worry as much about reversion as when texlaxed.

Angela4769

@mamaore, as a moisturizer or ng hdyrator. I either spritz ng for softer ng if that's my main focus. Or, spritz ng/length as daily moisturizer. Be sure to use when climate are optimum and don't overly apply. If I get too heavy handed, it makes my hair sticky, clump together and tangle.

I use Scurl every day religiously. I separate my hair into two sections and apply 2 sprays to my hand and apply to each section (concentrating on the ends) and my crown (total of 6 sprays). This way it is evenly applied, and no overkill. I seal with coconut oil. I haven't tried it on my NG, but I will because I need to learn how to detangle it (the NG) after 8 weeks post.

Guinan

Re-Branding
I luv S-curl too. I also luv Elasta QP Mango butter. I use S-CURL as a leave-in and when I am stretching my relaxer. I use the Elasta mango butter when my hair is straight or in a pony.

baddison

natural for good
Yup - SCurl is a go-to for me. I mix mine with a few teaspoons of jojoba oil, and spritz directly on my new growth. Then I spray a few times into my hands, rub and apply to the length of my hair. This is really a great moisture treatment for my hair. My hair loves it. I don't need to do it daily...perhaps two or three times a week. My hair is usually in a bun, so the moisture is retained nicely. :yep:

irisak

Sofn'free gro healthy: milk protein and olive oil growth lotion on roots (seal with growth oil) and on ends (seal with grease) then brush down and seal everything with wrap lotion

Once or twice a week

*~SCKRI23~* via LHCF app
What type of wrap lotion are you using to seal?

ThickRoot

divachyk

I think cool to the touch is a perfect way to describe it, I know exactly what you mean. I tried to describe it like, it feels like water is trapped in your strands lol lol. No one knew what the heck I was talking about.

ThickRoot

How often do you moisturize with a leave-in?

Every night.

What do you use?

If this KBB nectar continues to perform like this in fall/winter I'll be using it and the hair cream year round. If not I'll pull my Oyin Hair Dew back out.
Also, right now I'm trying to use up some Bask Silk Detangling lotion.

What's different about how you moisturize now and how you did it at the beginning of your hair journey?

I tried to do it twice a day because that's what I thought I was "supposed" to do. I also just kind of took moisturizer and rubbed it in, now I section my hair and apply.

Lilmama1011

Myjourney2009 said:

when my hair feels dry when my hair is up. When I wear my hair down I moisturize 2x's a day, in the morning just the top layer. In the evening the entire head.

What do you use?

Spring/Summer:moisture only no protein in product:Jessicurl Aloeba daily conditioner, This is a moisture product with protein in the ingredientsProfective mega growth breakfree or Millcreek Biotin (this is strictly a protein product

fall/winter: I mix kkkt with whole foods conditioner and 1T hempseed oil and distilled water

What's different about how you moisturize now and how you did it at the beginning of your hair journey?

I was moisturizing and sealing everyday with moisture heavy products and my hair rebelled, I always had breakage in my hands, not much though.

Once I stopped sealing I got less breakage.

Once I incorporated a leave-in with protein I got even less breakage.

Where did you get the jessicurl aloeba daily conditioner?

DominicanBrazilian82

I know I should really moisturize at least every few days, but I don't like heavy, weighed down hair. Any of you ladies, who appreciate a nice swinging head of hair, moisturize daily and still have that *swing*? If so, what products are you using to keep that *swing*?

4mia

DominicanBrazilian82 said:
I know I should really moisturize at least every few days, but I don't like heavy, weighed down hair. Any of you ladies, who appreciate a nice swinging head of hair, moisturize daily and still have that *swing*? If so, what products are you using to keep that *swing*?
Good question

sunnieb

DominicanBrazilian82 said:

I moisturize 2x daily with ORS Carrot Oil and NTM and I'm able to swang my hair.

I this is attributable to: cowashing every other day, clarifying weekly, and the fact that my hair is naturally dry, coarse, and thirsty.

Sent from my Comet using LHCF

divachyk

Yes DominicanBrazilian82 - Bee Mine Luscious or Aubrey Organics White Camellia (moisturizer) & avocado butter (sealer).

White Camellia is a conditioner but moisturizes my hair very nicely.

siick

DAILY! :)
if I'm not m&s w/scurl or AG fast food leave in, then I'm cowashing (cut it down to 1X wk for less manipulation)

lamaria211

Ill be moisturizing x2 a day with either
E QP mango butter
ORS Olive oil lotion
Nexxus Humectress condish
Baba de Caracol moisturizer
Wen 613 Replenishing mist
John Freida Flawless Finishing creamed
Or one of my leave ins
As I Am
Aveeno Nourish
Giovanni Direct
Giovanni Brazilian Keratin
Silicon mix
Salerm b5 or
Redken Smooth down butter treat:grin:

Monaleezza

I moisturise daily or every other (depending on if I'm taking down yesterdays hair style)

What do you use?
I use Aussie as a moisturising Leave in. And Vitale Olive Oil as a Protein Leave in. And Wave Nuveaux Daily Humectant as a lotion. (I mix and vary between the 3 at the moment)
I'm considering purchasing s-curl, I've heard so much about it.

What's different about how you moisturise now and how you did it at the beginning of your hair journey?
I don't yet have a fixed regime, or set products that I use.
But I'm certainly doing it more regularly and choosing styles that allow me the flexibility of adding moisture when it's needed.
With my flexi rod sets I wouldn't moisturise for fear I'd have limp curls the next day. Now I've learnt to moisturise my curls at night and stick in a couple of flexi-rods immediately after and in the morning the curls are good as new. A great way to protect my ends.

spellinto

Two times a day. At night I moisturize my entire head in 4+ sections (after I detangle), and in the morning I moisturize my ends while they're in a ponytail before I bun.

What do you use?
First I spritz a section with my moisturizing spritz, composed of 50% water, 25% Neutrogena Triple Moisture Silk Touch Leave In, and 25% oil of choice (currently using safflower oil). Then I add another layer of NTM Leave In directly onto my ends, since they are prone to drying out the fastest. Finally, I seal with my oil of choice. Currently alternating between 100% safflower oil and 100% jojoba oil.

I pay more attention to my ends because I am determined to lower/eliminate the amount of split ends. So far so good! I also moisturize with a spritz, something I didn't do in the beginning of my HJ, because it absorbs nicely into my hair and is more mobile & convenient when I'm on the go.