How do you Moisturize your Hair

vtoodler

What type of hair moisturizers do you use (the brands), how often do you apply it in a typical day, and is there a certain method that you use to moisturize your hair?

hothair

When straightened- Giovanni Direct Leave in, rub in palms and apply concentrating on ends then seal with castor oil (night) or EVOO (day)

In Braids/weave- Use much diluted MT/ Mane & Tail Texturiser conditioner) as a spray targetting my own hair

bgsix

What type of hair moisturizers do you use (the brands), how often do you apply it in a typical day, and is there a certain method that you use to moisturize your hair?

HS 14n1 or homemade mix (glycerin/rosewater/oil/condish). Apply nightly before bed. Fingerpart hair in 4 sections & apply -concentrating on ng & ends.

lana

On straight or rollerset hair I apply B&B Moisture Lotion (only $3.99 at Rite Aid/CVS/Walgreens) to my HANDS and rub them together and then smooth onto my hair and I concentrate on the middle of my hair and the ends (the dryest areas for ME).

Sometimes I spray a leave in conditioner on my bun if I'm bunning. I use Elasta H2O leave in. That's about it.

I moisturize only when my hair feels dry, not daily.

Gibsongal

Currently I'm using a combo of wave nouveau on all of my hair and then a shea butter mix (glycerine, jojoba oil, coconut oil) on the ends. I'm natural 4B.

LushLox

It depends on how I'm wearing my hair. If pulled back in a light bun, then I can moisturise more thoroughly and apply moisturiser (Haiwaiian Silky) starting from ends to roots, then seal with Castor Oil. If I'm wearing my hair curly then I'll use a lighter moisturiser (NTM Silk) , rub it between my hands and distribute evenly, but I won't seal.

snugglez41685

I use S-Curl. And recently I tried using Elasta QP mango butter on my hair when is is blow dried and straightened.

~*Tigget*~

I have been using Hawaiian Silky 14n1, my hair has thrived since using it. My hair can get as dry as the sahara, but HS keeps it moisturized the WHOLE day. Now because of the ingredients it tends to soften my hair more than I like, so I have to wear it in a bun, or I just heavily moisturize it then put my wig on. On the weekends I let it breathe. :yep: