Relaxed Hair Thread

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
I like my hair so much more now than I did my first couple of weeks post relaxer. My hair is much much softer and my ends magically look better :spinning:. Does this happen to anyone else? I complained initially about how much uneven texture I had, but right now, at this very moment, I love it :grin:. I washed my hair yesterday after not touching it at all for an entire week. Lord!!!! The amount of shed hair I lost! I know that's just actually how much I shed in a week, but seeing it in one place was terrifying. Plus, it took 30 mins to rinse, condition, and detangle :ohwell:. Also, just how thorough do I need to be when detangling? I used to half butt my sessions and go 10-14 days in between a lot of the time. I also tried CON Edge Control, and my first impression was like, yes!! My edges are finally slicked!!! Today? Nope! My edges were like hard and had no give yesterday (I didn't like that), but it's like nothing happened today :lol:.

Yeah, you should wait a few weeks before making a final assessment of your relaxer results. I usually like my hair and it gets back to normal after about 3 weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

coolsista-paris

i lightly pre pood with coconut oil. shampoo with apoghee , did the 2 step protein, conditionned , oil rinsed with amla oil.

shirt dried, applied apoghee green trea, again amla oil to seal: came out strong and soft

ckisland

Yeah, you should wait a few weeks before making a final assessment of your relaxer results. I usually like my hair and it gets back to normal after about 3 weeks.

I really had no idea that that's what happens!!!!! I thought I had given it a chance and was ready to throw in the towel, but now, I don't know :look:. Luckily I wasn't planning to BC anyway, so I have all the time in the world :lachen:. Every time I just lay down and take a nap and wake up without my hair matted to my head, I appreciate this life :lachen:

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
I really had no idea that that's what happens!!!!! I thought I had given it a chance and was ready to throw in the towel, but now, I don't know :look:. Luckily I wasn't planning to BC anyway, so I have all the time in the world :lachen:. Every time I just lay down and take a nap and wake up without my hair matted to my head, I appreciate this life :lachen:

:lachen:

You take care of your hair. You just have to give it time. Next thing you know, you love it.

sunnieb

<sigh> I really don't feel like cowashing with all this newgrowth, but I can't get lazy. Better get to it.....

naija24

caving tonight with a touch up. i couldn't handle all this new growth at 14 weeks post, my longest stretch in more than a decade. my hair doesn't move, i can't comb it, detangling is a nightmare for me...and heat doesn't work :/ I don't want any heat damage and I told myself I wouldn't go to any salons in 2014 so I'm taking the plunge.

sunnieb

Welp, turns out a WEN Cowash is what my hair needed. Newgrowth is soft and behaving as I airdry.

No matter though. I'm still relaxing this bad boy on Saturday! ;)

naija24

second attempt at self-relaxing. my edges and sides are pretty relaxed, yay, but the middle lane of my head is texlaxed. kind of annoyed with myself. i parted into 4 sections, took my time and everything but it's hard because i can't see that side of my head.

Now I have to deal with multiple textures for god knows how long. Super annoyed. I kind of want to do a corrective, but I know I have to wait :( Maybe later this week?

NGraceO

second attempt at self-relaxing. my edges and sides are pretty relaxed, yay, but the middle lane of my head is texlaxed. kind of annoyed with myself. i parted into 4 sections, took my time and everything but it's hard because i can't see that side of my head. Now I have to deal with multiple textures for god knows how long. Super annoyed. I kind of want to do a corrective, but I know I have to wait :( Maybe later this week?

Yeah, give it a week, base your scalp well, and give it a corrective. This helps you dodge additional new growth and keeps which sections you must hit fresh in your memory- I just went through this last week!

You live and you learn. :)

NGraceO

Nazaneen

I've decided I'm going to try Linange relaxer soon. I'll report back on how I like it.
I have 3b hair that is fairly resistant as I think most not quite kinky but very curly hair is strangely.

coolsista-paris

Ill be 3 months post on the 20th so we will see how my hair is behaving. I'm thinking I may be able to make it to four months post which would put me at March 20th. :yep:

thats around 4 months for me too . i relaxed the 29th november.

i wanted to relax again end of march or first week of april.

i now understand what ladies go through with streching ( i feel its gettin more difficult to manage my hair)

Guinan

Re-Branding
I've decided I'm going to try Linange relaxer soon. I'll report back on how I like it.
I have 3b hair that is fairly resistant as I think most not quite kinky but very curly hair is strangely.

Arlana, I think it's def worth a try. I think Linage Texturizer provides a great balance of both worlds of natural & relaxed. With this texturizer, I am able to still see my waves/curls without the knots & matting from when I was natural.
My hair is more wavy than curly & with the Linange Texturizer, I'm able to get curl definition & less frizz with this Texturizer.

Do you know if you will be using the relaxer or texturizer? I've read on the Alter Ego Thread that they both have the same ingredients.

naija24

Yeah, give it a week, base your scalp well, and give it a corrective. This helps you dodge additional new growth and keeps which sections you must hit fresh in your memory- I just went through this last week!

You live and you learn. :)

NGraceO

Thanks! Yeah, I think I have to do a corrective. My swim classes start next Tuesday and I am terrified of how my hair will look with 2-3 textures all over. Plus I really want to avoid heat during my lessons to curb damage.

Actually, overnight I must have sweat or something pretty major because ALL of my head was texlaxed, just in varying degrees. My temples were smoother but still rough and the middle section is as if it never touched a relaxer.

It's very confusing.

How long should I smooth? I used Dr. Miracle's Regular Relaxer and I applied and smoothed for up to 20 minutes. It said not to go over. I was afraid of using a comb but maybe I should have to smooth it out further?

NGraceO

Thanks! Yeah, I think I have to do a corrective. My swim classes start next Tuesday and I am terrified of how my hair will look with 2-3 textures all over. Plus I really want to avoid heat during my lessons to curb damage. Actually, overnight I must have sweat or something pretty major because ALL of my head was texlaxed, just in varying degrees. My temples were smoother but still rough and the middle section is as if it never touched a relaxer. It's very confusing. How long should I smooth? I used Dr. Miracle's Regular Relaxer and I applied and smoothed for up to 20 minutes. It said not to go over. I was afraid of using a comb but maybe I should have to smooth it out further?

I'm def no expert at bone-laxing. Hopefully some others will chime in with advice.

I will ask you this: how long was your application time; like, how much time was actually spent smoothing?