Relaxed Hair Thread

@Arlana, I think it's def worth a try. I think Linage Texturizer provides a great balance of both worlds of natural & relaxed. With this texturizer, I am able to still see my waves/curls without the knots & matting from when I was natural.
My hair is more wavy than curly & with the Linange Texturizer, I'm able to get curl definition & less frizz with this Texturizer.

Do you know if you will be using the relaxer or texturizer? I've read on the Alter Ego Thread that they both have the same ingredients.

thats good to hear
i went for the lye relaxer...

tapioca_pudding, I use Linange Shea Butter Texturizer.

New to relaxing after a long break. I want to try the Linange Texturizer. I last relaxed at the salon and she used the Mizani Relaxer for coarse hair. I burned quickly. Not happy about that. I want to try and self relax next time. Can you go from relaxer to texturizer or is that a bad move?

New to relaxing after a long break. I want to try the Linange Texturizer. I last relaxed at the salon and she used the Mizani Relaxer for coarse hair. I burned quickly. Not happy about that. I want to try and self relax next time. Can you go from relaxer to texturizer or is that a bad move?

The linange texturizer has lye so some people switch with no problem.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

NorthernCalGal, I used to use Mizani BB no-lye relaxer and then switched to Linange lye texturizer without any issues. I wanted 6mths to self-relax with Linange, but you dont have to wait as long as I did. I had the same issues with Mizani. I always burned and had scabs.

naija24 The chlorine in swim pools and relaxed or color treated hair do not go well together. Are you using a specific product to remove the chlorine daily? It can cause damage, high porosity and rough hair and tangles from having raised cuticles. Here is an article on the damage chlorine causes, how to remove, product recommendations and how to care for your hair. You may not need a corrective If you had been swimming before you applied the relaxer. The chlorine can cause underprocessing if not removed first. That may be why you are not happy with your hair.

ETA:
Here's the link. Im on my phone so I cant copy the article.
http://womenshair.about.com/od/healthyhairmaintenance/a/How-Will-Chlorine-Effect-My-Hair.htm

I LOVE this HHJ!!

Last edited:
Tomorrow I will be 7 weeks post. So far I'm not having any problems. I remember back in the day when I would relax every month cause I couldn't handle my new growth. Now I can hardly tell if I have any lol! I was going to relax at 9 weeks post then increase a week with each relaxer since this is my first time since being natural relaxing my hair, but if it continues to be this easy I may try to go 10-12 weeks.

Maybe its easy because I'm texlaxed and I treat it just like when I was natural. I don't know but I hope this continues.

Just ordered my beemine products and I'm picking up my relaxer today. I think I'll apply it when I get home from work. I need to pick up some oils too but that can wait until tomorrow.

Hi Ladies,

Loooong time lurker that finally joined! Just wanted to introduce myself before jumping into everything!

Currently I'm relaxed and SL after a stylist chop :ohwell: but working to get back my length. I'm planning on going back to my half wigs, especially since the weather has been so bad.

Thanks to all you ladies who helped me finally get healthy hair and I'm looking forward to contributing what I've learned!

I had to switch my relaxer recently. I usually use ORS normal, but the BSS only had super strength. So I switch back to gentle treatment. That relaxer is like 4$. It always makes my hair soft and silky, but it seems like my roots come in faster with this relaxer. My hair is the softest it's ever been.

I'm trying not to fall into the habit of wearing it out everyday. lol

Hi Ladies, Loooong time lurker that finally joined! Just wanted to introduce myself before jumping into everything! Currently I'm relaxed and SL after a stylist chop :ohwell: but working to get back my length. I'm planning on going back to my half wigs, especially since the weather has been so bad. Thanks to all you ladies who helped me finally get healthy hair and I'm looking forward to contributing what I've learned!

Hey! Welcome :wave: If you plan on wearing your wig for a while, come see us in the wig challenge as well!

naija24 The chlorine in swim pools and relaxed or color treated hair do not go well together. Are you using a specific product to remove the chlorine daily? It can cause damage, high porosity and rough hair and tangles from having raised cuticles. Here is an article on the damage chlorine causes, how to remove, product recommendations and how to care for your hair. You may not need a corrective If you had been swimming before you applied the relaxer. The chlorine can cause underprocessing if not removed first. That may be why you are not happy with your hair.

ETA:
Here's the link. Im on my phone so I cant copy the article.
http://womenshair.about.com/od/healthyhairmaintenance/a/How-Will-Chlorine-Effect-My-Hair.htm

I LOVE this HHJ!!

mshoneyfly I did my relaxer attempt before swim lessons. My lessons start next week. I will probably wait on the corrective until after lessons are over if the chlorine can cause underprocessing. :/

I'll buy the swimmers shampoo thanks!!

Any hairstyle suggestions? Right now I may just hide my hair under my bonnet for work purposes :/

naija24
Here are some protective styles I wanna try soon
Fishtail braid
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=snrl8SpXCRs

I will prob connect the hair by looping an elastic band over my ponytail instead of just pinning it on like she did but I think this is a good style for short or long hair

This one is two flat twists using just her own hair but I plan to use the bulk braid hair for this style too. I might even try two braids or even three braids with the bulk hair!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WGKmjVDn4zk

She has a really good detailed self relaxing vid too. I use most of her technique for my own texturizer TUs.

I LOVE this HHJ!!

Just finished washing my hair, & I noticed that my bangs are natural:lachen: I forget I had cut my bangs REALLY short so I can have page boy bangs. If or when I relaxed, I will def have to remember to relax the whole bang. I have to say I'm loving the curls.

I used to in the summer. about 4/5x in the summer.

Same. I was into rocking a lot of wet buns this summer, so I would cowash a couple of times a week. Unfortunately that level of manipulation wasn't beneficial for my hair in the long run but the combo of Cowashing and bunning did keep my ends moisturizer.

I have more new growth this time around than usual. It is now a habit for me to massage my entire scalp every night as part of my night time routine. Each week I have faithfully prepooed with Vatika oil for an hour on my co-wash days and prepoo overnight with JBCO on my wash days. I have also done the inversion method every 4 weeks for 1 week.

My newgrowth is soft and thick. I feel like I have finally nailed down what products and techniques work for my hair.

Back