Relaxed Hair Thread

SuchaLady

Why are we doing this shampoo talk again? I have preached about Creme of Nature Argan Oil for years now :lol: Go get you a bottle. Now :look:

I shampoo weekly. And I have high-porosity, fine hair. I alternate clarifying and moisturizing. However, I am still on the market for the perfect moisturizing poo.

NGraceO

NorthernCalGal

Why are we doing this shampoo talk again? I have preached about Creme of Nature Argan Oil for years now :lol: Go get you a bottle. Now :look:

I was researching Creme of Nature's new line Straight from Eden and saw a few great reviews of the shampoo in this line, but was lead to many great reviews on the Argan shampoo also. Try something new or stick to something that's been tried and tested???

SuchaLady

I was researching Creme of Nature's new line Straight from Eden and saw a few great reviews of the shampoo in this line, but was lead to many great reviews on the Argan shampoo also. Try something new or stick to something that's been tried and tested???

Creme of Nature has a new line?? Brb.

Babygrowth

I don't like CON argan oil shampoo. Made my hair feel coated. I used to stand for Elasta qp then they changed the formula. Shea moisture shea butter shampoo is nice. But I got tired of the smell. I hope my Silk Dreams Go moist works for me.

NGraceO

I don't like CON argan oil shampoo. Made my hair feel coated. I used to stand for Elasta qp then they changed the formula. Shea moisture shea butter shampoo is nice. But I got tired of the smell. I hope my Silk Dreams Go moist works for me.

Please let us know how silk dreams goes. Really need a moisturizing poo:)

NGraceO

NGraceO

i use this sometimes and its moisturizing. doesnt strip my hair it is gentle shampoo. i like it

IMO, Elasta QP has wonderful ingredients, but from what I remember using it years ago, my hair never did feel quite clean with it. On the contrary, it felt more greasy/ coated than before I had shampooed (especially my scalp).

NGraceO

NGraceO

I don't trust CON since they changed the formula years ago. :nono:

I remember some ladies giving recommendations (for moisturizing poos), but I have either tried, or heard negative reviews about all those recommended hence me still being on the lookout.

NGraceO

coolsista-paris

IMO, Elasta QP has wonderful ingredients, but from what I remember using it years ago, my hair never did feel quite clean with it. On the contrary, it felt more greasy/ coated than before I had shampooed (especially my scalp). NGraceO

oh really? maybe it should be used twice on wash day? or with amla (or is it shikaki) added or bicarbonat powder.

i think i read you have fine hair? me too. i guess your hair gets coated easily.

Babygrowth

I will also add Elucence moisture benefits shampoo to the list because I love the clarifying poo. I'm also curious about Giovanni 50/50.

EnExitStageLeft

Silk Dreams Go Moist Shampoo, Elucence Moisture Acidifying Shampoo and Creme of Nature Argan Oil Shampoo are the only shampoo's I use.

Go Moist is my go too Sulfate Poo. It doesn't strip my hair...AT ALL. It also gives the hair a silky feel. I dunno what it is, but I love it and need to order another bottle.

The Creme Of Nature is my go to Sulfate Free Poo. That stuff is flipping amazing. Its just as good as it counterpart that was discontinued years ago (R.I.P :cry3:)

Elucene MA Shampoo is my my end all be all clarifier, chelator and when I was texlaxing I also used it to Neutralize. That stuff amazeballs.

EnExitStageLeft

Saludable84

If I made a trip to NY, would you set my hair?

I always say I am, then I look at your hair and weep because I know for a fact that my sets will never look that good.

You and lulu97 make me want to take your rollers and hide them so you can't slay me with the awesomeness anymore.

Don't mind me. I had a minor hater moment lol.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Saludable84

If I made a trip to NY, would you set my hair?

I always say I am, then I look at your hair and weep because I know for a fact that my sets will never look that good.

You and lulu97 make me want to take your rollers and hide them so you can't slay me with the awesomeness anymore.

Don't mind me. I had a minor hater moment lol.

Girl… I will do whatever you want me to do lol.

I love lulu97 sets. I get a lil green-eyed when I see her sets. The best thing I can say about sets is that you cannot follow the traditional mohawk if you want a killer set. I have only been able to like my sets because I stopped the mohawk style sets.:yep:

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
:grouphug3:EnExitStageLeft Saludable84 Thanks My Loves!!!!! It took me years to perfect my sets....especially getting the roots straight. Now I could probably roll my hair in my sleep. lol Practice makes perfect! The more you do it, the better you will get.

Y'all know you ladies are my hair e-sisters!!! I would fly to GA or NY in a hot minute if a had a private jet and we would take turns doing each other's hair...put on some pajama's, drink some hot cocoa then giggle like little girls the whole time. Wait a minute...it's too cold in both of those states right now...just come to Cali!!! :grin:

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
CON is great for that moment but makes the hair feel coated thereafter.

lulu97 hair is banging! :yep:

Whimsy, welcome & congrats! You'll love it here. I love:
AO HSR
HV SitriNillah
Annabelle's White Chocolate
Bee Mine Beeutiful

NGraceO

Silk Dreams Go Moist Shampoo, Elucence Moisture Acidifying Shampoo and Creme of Nature Argan Oil Shampoo are the only shampoo's I use. Go Moist is my go too Sulfate Poo. It doesn't strip my hair...AT ALL. It also gives the hair a silky feel. I dunno what it is, but I love it and need to order another bottle. The Creme Of Nature is my go to Sulfate Free Poo. That stuff is flipping amazing. Its just as good as it counterpart that was discontinued years ago (R.I.P :cry3:) Elucene MA Shampoo is my my end all be all clarifier, chelator and when I was texlaxing I also used it to Neutralize. That stuff amazeballs.

Why didn't I ask you in the first place? Duh. You hold me down with product recommendations!!!

NGraceO

NGraceO

Girl… I will do whatever you want me to do lol. I love lulu97 sets. I get a lil green-eyed when I see her sets. The best thing I can say about sets is that you cannot follow the traditional mohawk if you want a killer set. I have only been able to like my sets because I stopped the mohawk style sets.:yep:

Have you blogged about how you set? I want to learn!

I tried ONCE since I've been texlaxed, and got half way through only to call it quits. My arms were so tired, and it was too difficult getting my super textured texlaxed hair to submit.

I'm not confident hair with as much texture as mine could do right lol. I need convincing. :grin:

NGraceO

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Have you blogged about how you set? I want to learn! I tried ONCE since I've been texlaxed, and got half way through only to call it quits. My arms were so tired, and it was too difficult getting my super textured texlaxed hair to submit. I'm not confident hair with as much texture as mine could do right lol. I need convincing. :grin: NGraceO

I have but I can update it next week. I need to update my video on setting because I've changed it up a bit too. The texture takes me a while as well, about 25-35 minutes, but I keep going because at that point, it's too late to go back. Only the back takes me time so I do that area first.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

NGraceO

I have but I can update it next week. I need to update my video on setting because I've changed it up a bit too. The texture takes me a while as well, about 25-35 minutes, but I keep going because at that point, it's too late to go back. Only the back takes me time so I do that area first. Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Looking forward to it. I won't be touching my hair for most of this year, but it will good to have this info on hand for when it's time to flaunt it.

NGraceO

mschristine

halfindian I was very careful. I washed my hair today and had to be super gentle detangling. Now I'm just counting down the days until I can relax this new growth.

In other news, I might need to cut down on the cones..my hair has had a hard time staying moisturized in this cold weather and the cones aren't helping. Plus, my combs were super dirty this week. I had to wash them with shampoo twice