Relaxed Hair Thread

ckisland

I can't believe I'm going to be 7 weeks post tomorrow. Time is just flying by!!It's also going to be 7 weeks until loc day!!! I have so many mixed feelings when I think about it, but I know it's mainly from my commitment issues :lol:.

This week end I'm going to finally get a boar brush, CON edge control paste, and will finally buy some new alligator clips. Mine are like 6 years old :look:. I'm also thinking of getting ORS aloe shampoo, and I might come back with 2 or 3 (or 4 LOL) Garnier Fructis products. It's going to be a good weekend :grin:.

coolsista-paris

I can't believe I'm going to be 7 weeks post tomorrow. Time is just flying by!!It's also going to be 7 weeks until loc day!!! I have so many mixed feelings when I think about it, but I know it's mainly from my commitment issues :lol:. This week end I'm going to finally get a boar brush, CON edge control paste, and will finally buy some new alligator clips. Mine are like 6 years old :look:. I'm also thinking of getting ORS aloe shampoo, and I might come back with 2 or 3 (or 4 LOL) Garnier Fructis products. It's going to be a good weekend :grin:.

have fun! i cant wait for my shopping weekend next week in london. hair shopping and a little bit of clothes shopping for my sons and i , and hubby... im going alone , yayyy my weekend ! lol
gonna see my family and shop!

brownb83

Wearing a low single braid in between my rollersets.

Going to add some shea butter to my next DC to see how I like it.

The weather is warming up so hopefully that will help me.

halfindian

I've been cross wrapping and I must say I love the results. Been using roller pins to secure the wrap instead of bobby pins. Bobby pins pull on my strands. I also started using small claw clips to hold up my ponytails or buns. Really liking both of these new additions to my routine. I want to add long periods without combing my hair, just finger comb on wash days or when applying moisturizer, to remove any loose shed hairs. Only combing the week before relaxing because I don't want my hairdresser to deal with tangled new growth.

pre_medicalrulz

It Always Been About Hair!
I've been cross wrapping and I must say I love the results. Been using roller pins to secure the wrap instead of bobby pins. Bobby pins pull on my strands. I also started using small claw clips to hold up my ponytails or buns. Really liking both of these new additions to my routine. I want to add long periods without combing my hair, just finger comb on wash days or when applying moisturizer, to remove any loose shed hairs. Only combing the week before relaxing because I don't want my hairdresser to deal with tangled new growth.

I do all of this as well when Im wearing my hair out. ;)

NGraceO

Just did a corrective texlax on two sections of my hair that were too underprocessed from last week. Pretty happy with the results. Currently conditioning!!

NGraceO

mschristine

I heard herbal essences has a new leave in comparable to the LTR split end protector I used to love. I went to target but I couldn't find it at all! I did see that they have a cleansing conditioner but I'm trying to cut down on my stash so I left it there...plus I'm not a fan of cleansing conditioners

NGraceO

Freshly washed and plaited hair. So excited about how long my hair is getting. It's the longest it's ever been in my life :). Next stop, waist length!

NGraceO

Attachments

• image-2784342859.jpg
    image-2784342859.jpg
    316.3 KB · Views: 71

sunnieb

NGraceO squeeeeee! Girl, you took me back with that pic!

That's how I looked every Saturday morning as a little girl. My mom would wash and plait my hair and send me out to play. My momma's plaits did not move until she took them out the next morning when we were getting ready for church. :yep:

NGraceO

NGraceO squeeeeee! Girl, you took me back with that pic! That's how I looked every Saturday morning as a little girl. My mom would wash and plait my hair and send me out to play. My momma's plaits did not move until she took them out the next morning when we were getting ready for church. :yep:

LOL!! My wig regimen has made me much like your throwback. I wear my hair in the Same plaits until wash day arrives the next week. Sometimes you gotta take it back!! :grin:

NGraceO

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
LOL!! My wig regimen has made me much like your throwback. I wear my hair in the Same plaits until wash day arrives the next week. Sometimes you gotta take it back!! :grin: NGraceO

I really should have stuck to my guns and wigged it this winter. That polar vortex wreaked havoc on my head.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Lurkee

SOS! Someone help me.

I've discovered localised breakage in my hair: it's around the front perimeter, down the middle and around the sides. I have to admit that I don't have much of a regimen. I wash and deep condition weekly, blow dry and flat iron. I do use ors, aphogee and keracare products in rotation and a heat protectant. During the week I use castor oil and mane and tail detangler as a moisturiser.

What can I do to stop the breakage. My ends are very thin as a result and I am determined to reach bsl this year. I relax every 12 weeks.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
SOS! Someone help me.

I've discovered localised breakage in my hair: it's around the front perimeter, down the middle and around the sides. I have to admit that I don't have much of a regimen. I wash and deep condition weekly, blow dry and flat iron. I do use ors, aphogee and keracare products in rotation and a heat protectant. During the week I use castor oil and mane and tail detangler as a moisturiser.

What can I do to stop the breakage. My ends are very thin as a result and I am determined to reach bsl this year. I relax every 12 weeks.

The only thing I can suggest is cutting down the heat. When I would get my hair roller set then roots blown straight in my salon days, I did have a thin and breaking nape and edges. I had to cut out the direct heat and that helped greatly. Is it possible you can just roller set instead of using so much heat. Your products may not be the problem and less heat will allow you to use less protein.

beloved1bx

The only thing I can suggest is cutting down the heat. When I would get my hair roller set then roots blown straight in my salon days, I did have a thin and breaking nape and edges. I had to cut out the direct heat and that helped greatly. Is it possible you can just roller set instead of using so much heat. Your products may not be the problem and less heat will allow you to use less protein.

Lurkee what ^ she said. When I first started taking care of my hair myself I thought that because I was deep conditioning weekly and using protein products I could still use direct heat every week. Well my hair was not a fan and would break. You might want to take a break from the flat iron.

tapioca_pudding

Ends are starting to look thin because of all this newgrowth. Im not mad, though. Just need to keep them curled so they dont look so bad. Still want to try stretching at least another month or so.

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

Lurkee

Thanks girls. There's such a big difference in length. It will take forever to see results. I really wish I was into fake hair to give my hair a break.

coolsista-paris

Ends are starting to look thin because of all this newgrowth. Im not mad, though. Just need to keep them curled so they dont look so bad. Still want to try stretching at least another month or so. Sent from my iPad using LHCF
i was about to trim my hair because my ends look thin. i have fuller hair at the roots( new growth) . im at 9 weeks post, will be ten this friday). my first stretch ever . i keep my hair up in an updo.

oh also: i want to stretch to about 16 weeks ( relaxer in april im aiming) oh my

Last edited:

KPH

House Head
I heard herbal essences has a new leave in comparable to the LTR split end protector I used to love. I went to target but I couldn't find it at all! I did see that they have a cleansing conditioner but I'm trying to cut down on my stash so I left it there...plus I'm not a fan of cleansing conditioners

I purchased it at walmart today

NGraceO

Does you alls scalp feel tender post-relaxer? It has been a week.

When I say tender, I mean my scalp feels sensitive to any tension I would normally put on my hair with no issue (i.e. the tension required to plait my hair into sections)? First time for everything.....*shrugs*

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Does you alls scalp feel tender post-relaxer? It has been a week. When I say tender, I mean my scalp feels sensitive to any tension I would normally put on my hair with no issue (i.e. the tension required to plait my hair into sections)? First time for everything.....*shrugs*

No, but I do get that issue with the half and half method when the relaxer touches the scalp in the middle. Otherwise, not that I can think of.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

NGraceO

No, but I do get that issue with the half and half method when the relaxer touches the scalp in the middle. Otherwise, not that I can think of. Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Oh yeah, I have def experienced that, usually just during the relaxing process. I actually relax in about five sections. I am trying to get quick enough to decrease it to half and half (2 sections) .

NGraceO

pre_medicalrulz

It Always Been About Hair!
Getting a little annoyed having to relax every 12 to 16 weeks. I need a break from caring about hair all together w/o any setbacks. I know. That'll never happen.

ckisland

I like my hair so much more now than I did my first couple of weeks post relaxer. My hair is much much softer and my ends magically look better :spinning:. Does this happen to anyone else? I complained initially about how much uneven texture I had, but right now, at this very moment, I love it :grin:.

I washed my hair yesterday after not touching it at all for an entire week. Lord!!!! The amount of shed hair I lost! I know that's just actually how much I shed in a week, but seeing it in one place was terrifying. Plus, it took 30 mins to rinse, condition, and detangle :ohwell:. Also, just how thorough do I need to be when detangling? I used to half butt my sessions and go 10-14 days in between a lot of the time. I also tried CON Edge Control, and my first impression was like, yes!! My edges are finally slicked!!! Today? Nope! My edges were like hard and had no give yesterday (I didn't like that), but it's like nothing happened today :lol:.