Relaxed Hair Thread

NGraceO

Wanted to share my bun for this week as I wait my next relaxer. I'm so eager!!! Thanks to the almighty for this brilliant idea!!! My new growth started curling on each other and my hair was a mess!! Washed my hair in two sections, detangled each section and flat twisted each one. Secured in the back with a ponytail holder. Twisted the end and secured with hair pins.

VERY cute!!

NGraceO

ckisland

I figured out how to air dry!!!!!!!!! :dance7: Yesterday I cleansed, DC'd, and applied 4 layers of protection :lol:. First, I sprayed Aphogee Green Tea, applied GF Sleek & Shine from root to end, then applied GF Damage Eraser leave-in to the last half of my hair, and sealed everything with pomade. My hair was in 2 sections that I split into 4, doing one side completely before moving to the other side. I tied a scarf over the front of my head, and used 2 ponytail holders to loosely band. When I took it down after it was 97% dry, I was like Hot Dog :grin:!!!! Soft, smooth hair with flat edges!! Whodat?!! :lol: If I was wearing my hair down, I would have been happy wearing it as is!

halfindian , Thank you for giving me the style I will be wearing tomorrow!! I love it :grin:

NGraceO

Only been a week & Im tired of this sewin already. Now I remember why I wore wigs instead.

Girl, yes. I get so much satisfaction from ripping this thing off my head every night. :grin:

Sorry you're sick of it already. Hopefully you'll find something to spice it up.

NGraceO

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Think I'm giving buns a break for daily style. I'm gonna be french braiding and twisting more to give my scalp and edges a break.

halfindian

I did my flattwist bun!!! Buuuuut I am not happy with how much hair I lost :ohwell:.

Oh no. I did mine in the shower after removing the tangles. If I had to do it on dry hair I would not touch a comb or brush but apply product and style. Also, I realize when doing cornrows or flat twists sometimes the hair gets stuck in your fingers and rips if you are not careful. One way I avoid that is to hold my hair loosely so it has a place to pass through when I'm moving my hand and my hair about. Another thing I have noticed is that if your hand has no product it feels like the hair is pulling on it when styling. Hope you don't mark this one as a fail. I'm still wearing mine. Left it in and tied every night. All I do on mornings, take down my tie, moisturise ends and the top, and style. Yesterday I wore a loose ponytail. Not sure what I'll do today. Just trying to avoid tangles till tomorrow when I get my relaxer done.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
I figured out how to air dry!!!!!!!!! :dance7: Yesterday I cleansed, DC'd, and applied 4 layers of protection :lol:. First, I sprayed Aphogee Green Tea, applied GF Sleek & Shine from root to end, then applied GF Damage Eraser leave-in to the last half of my hair, and sealed everything with pomade. My hair was in 2 sections that I split into 4, doing one side completely before moving to the other side. I tied a scarf over the front of my head, and used 2 ponytail holders to loosely band. When I took it down after it was 97% dry, I was like Hot Dog :grin:!!!! Soft, smooth hair with flat edges!! Whodat?!! :lol: If I was wearing my hair down, I would have been happy wearing it as is! halfindian , Thank you for giving me the style I will be wearing tomorrow!! I love it :grin:

I'm glad you found a method that works. Nothing is better than that.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

pre_medicalrulz

It Always Been About Hair!
I found Malaysian body wave. I will be taking this week old brazilian straight sewin out & replacing it with the Malaysian. Hopefully its less maintenance.

NGraceO

Okay, so maybe I won't cut my stretch (currently 22 wks, planned on relaxing at 24) short and relax this weekend. Maybe I will hold off and henna instead. I am so indecisive.

NGraceO

gabulldawg

Planning to touch up my sides/back this evening (pixie). Nothing like a fresh touch up. I need to start keeping track of when I relax my hair. I usually go off of how it looks or if it starts sticking up. I think it's been at least 3 weeks since I last touched up.

coolsista-paris

Wanted to share my bun for this week as I wait my next relaxer. I'm so eager!!! Thanks to the almighty for this brilliant idea!!! My new growth started curling on each other and my hair was a mess!! Washed my hair in two sections, detangled each section and flat twisted each one. Secured in the back with a ponytail holder. Twisted the end and secured with hair pins.

beautiful. this is also what i fo when i take a rest from buns. no stress on the hair and the style is chic ;-)

coolsista-paris

I figured out how to air dry!!!!!!!!! :dance7: Yesterday I cleansed, DC'd, and applied 4 layers of protection :lol:. First, I sprayed Aphogee Green Tea, applied GF Sleek & Shine from root to end, then applied GF Damage Eraser leave-in to the last half of my hair, and sealed everything with pomade. My hair was in 2 sections that I split into 4, doing one side completely before moving to the other side. I tied a scarf over the front of my head, and used 2 ponytail holders to loosely band. When I took it down after it was 97% dry, I was like Hot Dog :grin:!!!! Soft, smooth hair with flat edges!! Whodat?!! :lol: If I was wearing my hair down, I would have been happy wearing it as is! halfindian , Thank you for giving me the style I will be wearing tomorrow!! I love it :grin:

great for you! im still looking for a way to lakr ly air dried hair soft, moidturized.... it feels dry when its completely dried :-( not moisturized enough is how it feels. like the moisture just evaporates...

what is gf? garnier fructis??

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
great for you! im still looking for a way to lakr ly air dried hair soft, moidturized.... it feels dry when its completely dried :-( not moisturized enough is how it feels. like the moisture just evaporates... what is gf? garnier fructis??

What are you using as a leave-in?

ckisland

Ladies, I just wanted to say that ya'll are awesome (especially coolsista-paris Saludable84 ) and I could not have found a better group of ladies to go through this part of my journey with :grin:. But relaxing is just not for me :lol:. I keep having the itch to cut off my relaxed hair and TWA it again, but I know that that would make me unhappy :sad:. So I've decided to go see a loctician and finally loc this bad boy up for my 26th birthday :party: in March.

PlainJane

Sorry if this has been asked before, but has anyone here used simplicity hair oil before? I came across their Instagram page and see they are used by a few celebs...

coolsista-paris

Ladies, I just wanted to say that ya'll are awesome (especially coolsista-paris Saludable84 ) and I could not have found a better group of ladies to go through this part of my journey with :grin:. But relaxing is just not for me :lol:. I keep having the itch to cut off my relaxed hair and TWA it again, but I know that that would make me unhappy :sad:. So I've decided to go see a loctician and finally loc this bad boy up for my 26th birthday :party: in March.

awwwwwww im gonna miss you then!
but cool if you have found what you want. dont forget the pics!!!! i wanna see. make those nice cute neat ones . you can then bang some sophisticated hairstyles with them!

ive had that thought again this week "should i just chop or transition)?
im still experementing.... 2 months post relaxer. :)

ckisland

awwwwwww im gonna miss you then!
but cool if you have found what you want. dont forget the pics!!!! i wanna see. make those nice cute neat ones . you can then bang some sophisticated hairstyles with them!

ive had that thought again this week "should i just chop or transition)?
im still experementing.... 2 months post relaxer. :)
coolsista-paris
Oh I ain't rolling out of here yet :lachen:!! I love it in here, and I wasn't suppose to be doing a touch up until March anyway. Until I start the locing process, my hair's still relaxed :yep:.
You said you're still having trouble airdrying. The step that I was missing was sealing with a pomade. I used a little one day because I wanted my hair to smell good, and my hair ended up so soft all day. Oil does not do the trick like it did with my natural hair. Grease has a similar thickness and texture, acts like pomade but is potentially a even better sealant. And you don't need much of course. I guess I use a penny -nickel size amount one each half of my hair.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
ive been using giovanni direct leave in. i dont know what steps to use in order to keep my hair moisturized.

There is no direct order. My hair just happens to like to be a little damp before adding a leave-in then I usually use oil. Like ckisland said, a pomade can help too. I have used a pomade with much success and they do work but I have only used Hairveda almond pomade and it was really nice. You don't need a lot though.

To ckisland, so sad to see you go but please update on your loc journey. I actually wanted to get locs when I first started my journey and didn't because many people had ill feelings towards it. I let them persuade me not too.

NGraceO

This cold weather has me looking real homely lately...I'm having a hard time keeping this hair hydrated

I feel you. I had to add a midweek cowash because of this. And I too, have been rocking my satin bonnet (under my wig :lol:) for two days. Lol

NGraceO

tapioca_pudding

Trying to decide which relaxer to use next. So many choices... I prefer lye because no-lye made my hair feel so dry. I want to be closer to bone straight than texlaxed. Gotta do some research, but I have time (still 3 weeks away). Sent from my iPad using LHCF

ETA I may just stretch until I feel like its getting too hard. Im not really having a hard time managing the two textures right now. I wanted to relax at 12 weeks but Im thinking I can make it to 15 or so. We shall see. I think I need to be one of those ladies who relax as needed, not on schedule.

Last edited:

ckisland

Today I'm 6 weeks post :grin:. I have new growth, but I notice no difference between now and my first week :look:. I just took my hair down after having my flattwist bun in for 4 days. My hair is still soft and moisturized!!! I'm really surprised because, when I was natural, PSing left my hair and ends crispy :nono:. I'm super pleased because I hadn't done a single thing to it!

NGraceO

During a frustrating detangling session on my 23 week post hair as I prepared to henna on Friday, I hastily decided to go ahead and relax the next day.

I was too thru, So I self texlaxed yesterday. Some parts came out a little more underprocessed than desired, but I am still learning. This was my third touch up since I joined the texlaxed community November 2012.

Loving these smooth roots. I don't think I'm down for stretching that long anymore, though. I'm gonna try doing every 10-12 weeks and see how that works for me...

NGraceO

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
As much as I don't feel like it, I'll be ending my stretch in February at 20 weeks. Glad I made it though. With that record, ill be relaxing maybe 3 times this year.