DESPERATELY NEED A DAILY MOISTURIZER

Angelicus

I am relaxed. I do not use cones in my hair anymore... that really helped me not get build-up over time. Here are my favorite ones:

Watery:

Water mixed with my favorite moisturizing conditioner or leave-in (diluted Silk Dreams Vanilla Silk Moisture Cream or diluted Silky Soft Leave-in)
Silk Dreams Waterfalls Hydrating Spritz (if you want to splurge

Creamy:
Silk Dreams Almond Butter Cream
Mizani Rose H2O Nighttime Treatment

I like sometimes sealing with an oil too. Again, I found that removing cones from my regimen really helped me! HTH!

Kindheart

sckri23 said:
Olive miracle leave in

The anti breakage moisturizer from this line is good, but made my hands burn and smells of burnt plastic.
My picks:
Bee mine Balanced Moisturizer
Darcy Botanicals Peach Kernel milk.
Hairitage coconut butter.
African pride shea butter moisturizer .
Curl junkie honey butta .

Last edited:

Miss AJ

I like leave-ins for my daily moisturizers, spray and cream. The only cream leave-ins I can recommend are Dominican (Crece Pelo, Pelo Chino, Silicon Mix-all 3 kinds, Baba de Caracol). They are light and never weigh my fine, 4a hair down. For sprays I love Motions Nourish, Silk Elements Color Care, Aussie Hair Insurance, and V05 leave-in detangler.

janeemat

I use these 2 products by Mizani or FF glossing cream. One I use for bunning and the other for when I rollerset wearing my hair down.

Here is the FF

Evolving78

i'm 4a and couldn't really get along with heavy creams relaxed or natural. i currently use Wave Nouveau Moisturizing Mist. when i was natural the product that i really like the most was from Qhemet Biologics Coco Detangling Ghee. it was a light creamy, liquidy product. it moisturized my hair and made it very easy to detangle. when i had locs i would just use moisturizing sprays (refreshers or braid sprays)

my hair can't tolerate a lot of product.

taytay86

I use these 2 products by Mizani or FF glossing cream. One I use for bunning and the other for when I rollerset wearing my hair down.

Here is the FF

Are you natural? I looked at these products online, and they are formulated for curly hair. I was looking at Mizani, but the one I picked up had mineral oil in it so I put it down. Plus it was very expensive. It smelled nice though.

I dont think I saw those creams from Mizani tho. Lawd, we're so limited here in Canada. Who wants to buy me some stuff, and I'll pay them back:look::lol:

I Just purchased Profectiv break free daily leave in for myself, and beautiful textures moisture butter whipped curl cream for my daughter. Any reviews on those products?
Random Thought: I smelled the new line from Curls Unleashed, it smells so nasty...and the bloggers were raving about it on youtube. NEXT!

Last edited:

Kindheart

How about Donna Marie superbuttercream,it s actually thick but water based ,it s not heavy at all .

Last edited:

KaramelDiva1978

I am texlaxed and I use ORS HaiRepair for moisture and seal with Vatika oil. A little goes a long way and it smells wonderful! My daughter is a relaxed 4c and ORS HaiRepair and Scurl sealed with Vatika tame her tresses something lovely!!! Its fairly new but Walmart here carries it. This new launch of ORS has a hair nourishing deep condish with banana that is luscious to the smell and my hair!

lana

I use B&B Castor Oil Moisturizer - I don't care if others don't use it, but it works on my Texlaxed 4a/b hair and my length looks like the girl on the bottle (lol) I wash once a week usually.

I also use Perfect Results Leave In Conditioner and Mizani Rose H20.

But B&B is my staple and it works!

janeemat

Are you natural? I looked at these products online, and they are formulated for curly hair. I was looking at Mizani, but the one I picked up had mineral oil in it so I put it down. Plus it was very expensive. It smelled nice though.

No, I am relaxed.

demlew

I'm relaxed and NTM Silk Touch is my usual go-to. However, I used the ORS Hairepair mentioned by KaramelDiva1978 and it's awesome! I used henna over the weekend, but my hair didn't like the recipe. I greased my scalp with the cream, combed it through, and wrapped it. My hair was so soft this AM that I keep touching it lol

southerncitygirl

db lemongrass transitioning cream or leave-in
hydroquench systems greaseless moisture
oyin hair dew
komaza shea butter lotion or coconut curl lotion
claudies isha hair creaM, murumuru acai hair butter, or quinoa coffee balancing hair cream

i'm natural not relaxed but my texture is a cottony 3c/4a....IDareT'sHair put me on to some of these products and I think she's relaxed.

Angelinhell

I don't moisturize much(I still have the same bottle I brought when I started my hair journey almost two years ago:lol:). But I use the keracare oul moisturizer with jojoba oil. It only takes very little, it will weigh your hair down if you use too much. Before my hhj I always used the ors moisturizer or elasta qp recovery moisturizer. You and a lot of ladies on this board might not care for the ingredients in these though.

Angelinhell

I just read the op. Never mind the ors, it's thick and creamy, i love it. The keracare is a very runny cream:perplexed.

southerncitygirl

i like to seal with any mixture of the following cold pressed/unrefined oils that i usually keep around the house:
sapote
evoo
evco
castor or black castor
kukui
meadowfoam

db lemongrass transitioning cream or leave-in
hydroquench systems greaseless moisture
oyin hair dew
komaza shea butter lotion or coconut curl lotion
claudies isha hair creaM, murumuru acai hair butter, or quinoa coffee balancing hair cream

i'm natural not relaxed but my texture is a cottony 3c/4a....IDareT'sHair put me on to some of these products and I think she's relaxed.

taytay86

I just fell in love with ORS Hairepair creme - now where to find it?!

I tried Profectiv mega growth leave in - at first it made my hair feel waxy. I think I used too much plus I used it right after ORS mayo which may have affected it. If you use a little, it feels so nice after air drying :D