Real Talk: Hair Confessions

chebaby

even though people tell me my hair is long and is growing, im afraid my hair will never get the legnth i want.
i hate it when people tell me my hair will fall out just because i co wash with different conditioners.

locabouthair

even though people tell me my hair is long and is growing, im afraid my hair will never get the legnth i want.
i hate it when people tell me my hair will fall out just because i co wash with different conditioners.

girl ignore them. if your hair is growing, you must be doing right :)

justsimply

jahzyira,

Your "before/after" pic in your siggy is awesome. The drastic change in how healthy it looks ALMOST had me overlooking everything you said in the post .... beautiful hair.

BostonMaria

I'm so obsessed with hair that last night I had a dream that I was buying hair products. No matter how many times I'd wake up I'd go back to that damn dream.

I hate relaxers on my hair so much sometimes I'll wake up almost crying because I'll have a dream that somebody slapped a relaxer on my hair LMAO my fear is so big that if I do go to a salon I won't let them put a deep conditioner on me LOL I'm afraid they'll lace it with a relaxer.

kblc06

I'm so obsessed with hair that last night I had a dream that I was buying hair products. No matter how many times I'd wake up I'd go back to that damn dream.

I hate relaxers on my hair so much sometimes I'll wake up almost crying because I'll have a dream that somebody slapped a relaxer on my hair LMAO my fear is so big that if I do go to a salon I won't let them put a deep conditioner on me LOL I'm afraid they'll lace it with a relaxer.

Oh Gawd :lachen:I've had this dream too many times to count. It always ends up with me knocking the hell out of whoever permed my hair :lachen::lachen:; I even tried to stab a woman with a relaxer brush

Ballerina_Bun

when MNT came out with their new Clarifying shampoo and replenshing conditioner, I didn't tell anyone on the board. I went to the only place in town at home that was carrying it and purchased almost every single bottle each time I went.

It was helping me when I was at a weird spot in my transitioning, which is no longer.

shmmr

I REALLY wish I could meet Niko's cousin, but am afraid that if I did I would get snubbed cause my hair is usually a mess. Good hair days are few and far between.

I spend too much time on this board, I love it here. I wish I'd found this board years ago.

even though I love it here, I wish I could have more insightful/helpful things to say and I wish people would respond to my posts.

ChocalateDiva

I REALLY wish I could meet Niko's cousin, but am afraid that if I did I would get snubbed cause my hair is usually a mess. Good hair days are few and far between.

I spend too much time on this board, I love it here. I wish I'd found this board years ago.

even though I love it here, I wish I could have more insightful/helpful things to say and I wish people would respond to my posts.

Aww.......its alright. Go ahead and make a post now. WE WILL ALL RESPOND TO IT!!!:yep:

Go on now- get to posting.

Extremus

* I don't trust anyone to dust or trim my hair. The first time I let someone besides my mami do my hair, they cut my WSL hair to SL to accomodate a hairstyle! :wallbash: It took forever to grow back.

OMG! See this is why I'm becoming a DIYer. I know the longer my hair gets, and the shorter my stylist hair becomes (from breakage), the more scissor happy she'll become.

locabouthair

I'm the same way. I see girls in the street and I'm like are they on the board, but I dont ask cuz my hair's not healthy yet.

RosesBlack

I am kind of frustrated today. I had my edges SO nice and laid down for weeks and now I can't do it again and can't figure out what I did.

WTH man?

Frustration sucks.

Menina Preta

I'm the same way. I see girls in the street and I'm like are they on the board, but I dont ask cuz my hair's not healthy yet.

LOL. I saw a member on the train the other day (or the girl looks pretty damn close to being a member) and I was def. glad that I don't show my face on here, b/c I was looking hurt...(stressful week, 14 weeks post, packed schedule...bah). The member looked great though!

LadyPaniolo

I confess: I'm still so frustrated over the unstretched trim that cost me about 3 inches on my first nappiversary. If I had that hair still I'd be at least BSL.

I confess that I can't keep a style. I put in a weave, then take it out sometimes that same week. I just finished my braids last week, and I'm itching to take them down so I can rock a sew-in!

I have no clue how to style my natural hair. I never styled my hair when it was relaxed, either.

I confess that I don't think 90% of the growth aids people on here use work at all. I know biotin does, it's helped me. But I seriously wonder about the coochie cream, etc.

africa

I think I look better with extensions in my hair and I wish I felt prettier wearing my own hair.

I feel strange when my hair is out and I wear it down. I always feel like I am hurting it and it needs to be protected:look:

I want to transition to natural hair but 1) don't want to lose more hair again by having tangling and breakage at demarcation point 2) don't feel like I will have time to take care of it and look the way I want it to

When someone with long hair who obviously doesn't have nappy 4a/4b hair claims that hair type it makes me want to scream:wallbash:! I think it does a disservice when people lie/stay ignorant about their hair type and try to give newbies advice.

I have been having a hard time going through this traintion to grown my hair medium or and thick .
I hate wearing a bun eveyday of the week.
I dont know how to style my hair because it so fine and thin.
I missed wearing braids and extension , I find I am more attractive with them.

voyagetome

Me TOO!! Haha I'm trying to work on it though :yep:.

I want to dye my hair brown, pink, purple, etc. but i'm scared that if i do I will lose all of the progress I have made during my transition.

I also want to wait at least another year to BC. Not because of the length but because if I don't have clear skin by the time I BC I will feel like an ugly mess.

I treat my ends like crap because I figure i'm just going to cut them off anyway. :perplexed

locabouthair

I think I look better with extensions in my hair and I wish I felt prettier wearing my own hair.

I feel strange when my hair is out and I wear it down. I always feel like I am hurting it and it needs to be protected:look:

I want to transition to natural hair but 1) don't want to lose more hair again by having tangling and breakage at demarcation point 2) don't feel like I will have time to take care of it and look the way I want it to

When someone with long hair who obviously doesn't have nappy 4a/4b hair claims that hair type it makes me want to scream:wallbash:! I think it does a disservice when people lie/stay ignorant about their hair type and try to give newbies advice.

That kinda irks me too. When I first got to the site, I was so happy to see members with 4b hair but then I noticed A LOT of people claim type 4 but to me, they are obviously type 3. :ohwell: I dont saying anything cuz who am I to tell you what your hair type is unless you ask:ohwell:

locabouthair

LOL. I saw a member on the train the other day (or the girl looks pretty damn close to being a member) and I was def. glad that I don't show my face on here, b/c I was looking hurt...(stressful week, 14 weeks post, packed schedule...bah). The member looked great though!

I ran into a member here like a month ago, and she was standing RIGHT next to me like 5 inches away but I didnt say anything.

When people tell me my hair looks dry and dull it makes me feel like the person is trying to say Im unkempt or I dont take care of myself or something. I take it really personally for some reason:spinning:

My friend keeps telling me to get a weave but I dont feel pretty/attractive with fake hair at all but I dont want to insult her, not that she looks bad with it but I just dont like weaves.

I was having a bad hair day and I saw a friend of mine in the streets and instead of saying hi, I turned around and kept it moving. :look:

I catch people staring at my hair, and I wanna be like wth are you looking at, mind ya bizness:look::lol:

Last edited:

Menina Preta

That kinda irks me too. When I first got to the site, I was so happy to see members with 4b hair but then I noticed A LOT of people claim type 4 but to me, they are obviously type 3. :ohwell: I dont saying anything cuz who am I to tell you what your hair type is unless you ask:ohwell:

I agree...

Another hair confession...If a member reaches mid back length or waistlength, I immediately look in her siggy to see her hair type. If it's 4a/4b, I am super impressed...3a/3b...not so much, lol.

chebaby

sigh.....im really upst that i can no longer wet bun. i have an ear infection from doing so now that itss cold here. so tomorrow i will wake up early and go to the dominican salon and get my roots only blown out. im going to take my UAN's crema plus with me.

locabouthair

I agree...

Another hair confession...If a member reaches mid back length or waistlength, I immediately look in her siggy to see her hair type. If it's 4a/4b, I am super impressed...3a/3b...not so much, lol.

Yeah, type 3 doesnt really impress me much. I'm happy that the person reached their goal, but I rarely go into an album or progress thread if the person is a type 3. I feel kinda bad for admitting that:look:

Keedah

See thats how I got confused at first. Id look at someone's head and know if they are a 4a then I must be a 4b cause my hair didnt look like theirs. I now realize Im a true 4a.

gdivant

I cannot keep my hands outta my hair. I like to touch it, check the new growth. See if its any better than 5 mins ago when I touched. I do it absentmindedly. I actually think I made one area sore from touching it so much.

I like when my bf plays in my hair too.

I used to twirl my ends - into knots! :blush: But I've stopped that practice.

As a newbie I feel like I'm always doing my hair co-washing (almost daily b/c of exercising), moisturizing, sealing but my hair never looks done. I know it will pay off in the long run and I enjoy taking care of my hair, but.... I'd love to swang it every now and then. (I don't have anything to swang yet). I'm already getting tired of my phony pony bun.

sylver2

ITA!!i see tht a lot. people tried to argue me down about my type just cause i can stretch. i kno my type..lol

crazydaze911

I cannot keep my hands outta my hair. I like to touch it, check the new growth. See if its any better than 5 mins ago when I touched. I do it absentmindedly. I actually think I made one area sore from touching it so much.

I like when my bf plays in my hair too.

I used to twirl my ends - into knots! :blush: But I've stopped that practice.

As a newbie I feel like I'm always doing my hair co-washing (almost daily b/c of exercising), moisturizing, sealing but my hair never looks done. I know it will pay off in the long run and I enjoy taking care of my hair, but.... I'd love to swang it every now and then. (I don't have anything to swang yet). I'm already getting tired of my phony pony bun.

I've been fighting that hair twirling issue since 2nd grade. its sooooooo hard! Bunnin helps but when a hair comes out of the bun - OMG - its over - lol

and i also agree with you on the 'my hairs never done' thing. i feel like its so messy (mostly due to being loosely tied to avoid breakage) and also b/c im transitioning and am trying not to go totally CRAZY with the gel and such. i dont feel pretty and feel like pple see me and think i dont care about my hairs appearance or even spend time on it - WHEN I MOST CERTAINLY DO!

chebaby

those dominicans sure can do some hair.
they better learn how to keep that hot ash blow dryer off my scalp. im sore yall.

claudia05

-I'm not transitioning because I think I would look better with natural hair but because I think it would be better for my overall scalp and hair health.

-I don't know if I'll like being natural but I do know I don't like my fine relaxed hair and don't see the point of texlaxing...

-I've been relaxed about 81% of my life, since 4yrs old...:spinning: