Real Talk: Hair Confessions

justsimply

I've cut my hair more times than I can count but I'm really not a big fan of short hair on me. I like when people are amazed at how fast my hair grows...

I really thought my hair grew faster than most so I would cut it really short in a heart beat. I've even shaved the back and had the rest so short I just brushed it. Then at almost 40 I found this site and realized that it grew at an average rate and I retained length because I'm lazy and don't do much to my hair aka less manipulation (lol). I mean I change it up often but then will wear it that style for weeks. I've always liked to tie it down at night then pull off the scarf and go in the morning.

I think one of the major reasons I've enjoyed being natural in the past and now is because it's different than most of the black ladies in my area and I've always felt the NEED to be different.

brucebettye

I love my texlaxed hair. I can do a wash & go everyday if I want to!!! If I keep my hair damp & moist I do not have to comb my hair for about two weeks!!! I am soooo lazy, that is why I wear a puff or my hair down everyday. My hair is so easy to deal with now that I will never go back to being natural or relax bone straight!!!!! I love the way my hair shrinks up & I do not use any direct heat on my hair because it is too much work.

The only think I hate about my hair is that it is not longer. All these beautiful ladies with all this long hair is making me want long hair!!!!!!!!!!!

Akemi

--I haven't been feeling very pretty lately because my twist-outs never end up the way I want them to. :ohwell:
--My hair is really getting on my nerves. It's so difficult to deal with and I've been having breakage.
-- I wish I had Tracee Ellis Ross' hair.

Last edited:

BlueNile

I won't be 100% happy with my hair until I reach BSL.

I'm glad I had long healthy relaxed hair, because if I'd never had it, I'd probably feel I missed out on something. Now I have no reason to ever relax again.

Even though I'm against using chemicals on children, I REALLY want to dye my dd's hair black because the red/brown color she has looks drier than a desert, even though it's not.

I think my hair looks way better uncombed and undetangled.

See Lauren? This is what I'm talking about. When I see that pretty thick natural hair I'm GREEN with envy

smitmarv

I want to go natural one day but I might have a hard time embracing my natural hair.

This is me as well. I am a little fearful even. It has been at least more then 20 years since I was natural and I just remember how course and hard to deal with my hair was. I hope now that I have more knowledge I can deal with it more easily and yes embrace my natural hair texture. But I have to say, I am not truly ready to make that leap just yet.

BlueNile

me too!

I love my natural hair but i confess that I don't comb it as often as I should
I can't see myself going back to relaxed hair
I wish I went natural earlier!

Arg, ok Ebony you're another one that makes me drool over natural hair :mad::drool:

That afro!!!!

BlueNile

Its been getting cold here and I don't want my hair to airdry, but since my hair has gotten longer it takes way too long to dry in the hooded dryer, so I confess... Once a week for about 5wks I have been blow drying my hair! No judgements please. LOL. I have however, put my hair in a full weave so I can give my hair a break for awhile.

OT, Bermuda you remind me so much of one of my childhood friends

clarity2008

I confess:

I dont protect my hair at night unless it is straight.

3b/c textured hair not all its cracked up to be and is unmanageable.

I really want to relax, but I'm afraid of breakage.

I'm also in a style rut. I have been wet bunning for 5000000 years.:wallbash:

Evolving78

i wish i had flawless skin. then i would be more comfortable to just be. i shouldn't have let my dh and his issues get to me, causing me to straighten my hair and then cutting it again. it would be really long now. i'm resentful of him for that everyday.

Last edited:

Kay.Dee

I wish my hair was jet black instead of being a dull black. It makes my hair look dry even though it is not and it doesn't help that I'm natural. It's always been this way, even when I was relaxed. I don't want people do assume I do nothing to my hair since having nappy hair is already a "strike" against me to some. I'm going to investigate and find an Aveda salon to learn about some options!

But I still love my natural hair.

HollyGolightly1982

I have been telaxing my hair for about 4 yrs now and no one ever noticed. :ohwell:

My hair is SO thin and I hate it.

I want to buy a bob wig but I am scared someone is going to snatch it off my head

SoAnxious12

i confess:

I freakin luv my weird *** hair texture... but i'm noticing as it gets longer the bulk of it is thicker and my straight roots (yes natrually straight) are getting thinner... It irks me!

I need/want longer hair just to be a coneited B****H lol! I just really want to swaaaaaaaaaaaang it in sum skanks ugly arse weave (only the ugly weave on a skank.. everybody else is good)

If i lost more weight and grew my hair longer... you wouldn't be able to tell me my name and i'd prolly have no friends due to all my brand-newness lol

Kay.Dee

I want to buy a bob wig but I am scared someone is going to snatch it off my head
:lol:
One of the reasons why I haven' bought a wig. And for some reason I just don't think I look believable. I look like a women wearing a wig and everyone is going to know it. Nothing natural looking about it!

tiffupretty

i wish my arms wouldnt get so tired when i attempt to style my hair...only one section would look nice...an itty bitty section at that....

i hate it when people make negative comments when someone has a weave...*shes trying to be fake* i like a real woman....but a woman with braids...with added hair..thats not considered the "same thing"..extensions are extensions.

i hate to wrap or tie my hair up at nite.

Last edited:

LionQueen

I have had so many setbacks, that I've been afraid of my hair for a lot of my life.
Sometimes it seems like anything I try to do with it will damage it.
I have moments when it seems things have finally stabilized, and then here comes new damage/breakage, and I'm right back where I started.

I don't want to be afraid of my hair anymore. :nono:

kblc06

-My hair is giving me the blues right now, so I straightened it (for the second time in 2 months)
-I wish I had my mothers hair texture (it's more tightly coiled but very silky)
-I get personal satisfaction from "dusting" my ends; I honestly think I'm slightly OCD
-I enjoy wearing styles that show off my texture; I also enjoy getting compliments from people who say it looks like Indian hair (because I think textured Indian hair looks gorgeous and heavy....as does natural black hair:look:..but w/out the heavyness:sad:) . Did I mention I hate political correctness?
-And I totally agree with SOANXIOUS; I'm working on losing weight now. When I get back to my old measurements (34D/32DD-24-36) with TBL hair, I'll throw my sh%t in your face and tell you its potpourri :lachen:
-I'm seriously afraid of inflicting a setback or having to do a serious cut that I've become paranoid about wearing my hair down

Last edited:

grnidmonster

I dont feel as attractive with my sl/apl hair...i want my bsl hair back

I want to dye my hair blonde like Beyonce, or Blu Cantrell

I would love to texlax but, I'm afaird it will all fall out.

Encore

i really dont like wigs

i hate women with tracks and they are showing.

i loved wen i had long hair (natural) i was thinking about going back but i cant BC i wud look like an alien, so maybe in a few years ill transitition

Tarae

As much as I like SE Lye relaxer, I think I might have to switch. My hair is noticeably thinner (and I only use Mild) since I started using it. I don't know what to do.

I HATE protective styles but I want WL so I'm sucking it up.

frankie

I love my natural hair :afro:
I agree with Lauren450 my hair looks better when it's uncombed...my hair likes to be FREE!!!
I love that my hair is getting bigger :grin:

2inspireU

I don't care if your hair is long, short, relaxed or natural; as long as it is yours I'm fine with it. However, weave I cannot stand. Especially weave that is apparent.

I'm sacred to death to texlax my hair, but I bought everything already to do it. In addition, I really want to, but the thoughts of thinning hair, hair breakage and some parts of my hair straightening scares me.

MonPetite

If I hadn't BCed I'd be WL by THIS December. I've actually cried about it.

With MT I should be WL by December '09. It gives me far more hope than it should.

I've never had short hair before in my life and never will again. It's just not for me.

I must also admit being raised around Chinese and Japanese culture and indulging in Japanese pop culture skews my views on beauty towards hair more than I'd care to acknowledge. I had internalized more of the "Rice-Bran Beauty" standard than I'd realized....Until I BCed and had to own up to a lot of self-identity issues my hair (it's length and straightness when relaxed) had kept me from dealing with.

Now I love it relaxed or natural...but I'm saddened it took cutting it all off for me to get to that point. I suppose that makes it worth it though.

Plus...Megatek. LOL!