Real Talk: Hair Confessions

nappystorm

:sekret: I like my hair best when it's CBL and relaxed but I'm narcisistic (sp) so I keep it natural and long so I can get lots of attention and compliments

ladylibra

i really do love my natural hair :grin: but for the past 2.5 weeks i've been wearing it "straightened" (rollerset). i don't feel the urge to "show off" my hair when straightened though. none of that flipping, tossing and swanging that y'all talk about so often here. but when i wear my natural hair out... especially on a good hair day... watch out now!!! :lol:

i feel kinda guilty that i spend soooooo much time on my hair, and keep my son's hair short. yes, his hair is kinkier than mine... has super-shrinkage (90%) and takes more TLC/moisturizing. and i don't put forth the effort simply because he's a boy. well... i still wash the little bit of hair he has on his head... and at least i am the one using the clippers on his head every other week... that counts for something right? :look: honestly, if he were a GIRL i might've thrown in the towel on growing out my hair, in order to spend that extra time and effort on HERS. or, i might've caved and texturized her hair... :look:

in any case, i dunno if i even want to grow it past BSL now. we'll see how i feel when i reach full BSL (in layers right now), but really, the work is outweighing the desire for length. i'm not into wearing my hair in protective styles, if i can't deal with it when it's out and tangling all the time then i just don't wanna grow it any longer. :look:

i'm tired of looking at other women with hawt short styles... i am itching to chop soooooooo bad lately... :spinning:

i hate hair typing period :wallbash:

Last edited:

aurora3140

everytime i get on a hair board, all of a sudden i want to wash my hair, or put some type of moisturzier in it.

I know! My hair can be tied in my bonnet with my baggy underneath, but as soon as I hop on these forums, I feel my hands start to feel twitchy. Before I know it, my hair's free and I'm massaging my scalp :lachen:!

Avyn

I only went natural so I could color my hair without the extensive damage and double processing.

I would not have stayed natural if most of my hair was not 3c/4a.

10% of my hair is 3A/B and I wish that all of my hair was that way, esp. the 4z parts that seemed to just gather round at my front edges!

I'm annoyed by the way my ends curl up but my roots frizz up. :ohwell:

I'm hiding my hair with a wig until June 09, the date of my last relaxer in 07, and I plan to swang my hair for all the naysayers who talked about my "hair" choice. i cant get to that rocker chick smiley thats swingin her hair...but thats what im gon do.

Last edited:

RosesBlack

I can't stop petting my hair today. I got over the dryness of last week and it just feels silky and delicious. I'm at work but I want to take down my bun and play with my silky tasty NG.

Keedah

I wish my hair was just a little less thick. Even though its shoulder length I can barely put it in a ponytail unless its blow dried straight!

LunadeMiel

I'm so obsessed with hair that last night I had a dream that I was buying hair products. No matter how many times I'd wake up I'd go back to that damn dream.

I hate relaxers on my hair so much sometimes I'll wake up almost crying because I'll have a dream that somebody slapped a relaxer on my hair LMAO my fear is so big that if I do go to a salon I won't let them put a deep conditioner on me LOL I'm afraid they'll lace it with a relaxer.

Wow...I'm not the only one. My mom once used one of my combs to smooth my sis' relaxer. Tell me why I soaked that comb and washed it like 20 times before using it...:lachen::nono::lachen:

nicey

I am very low maintenance when it comes to everything. Hair, nails, makeup, etc. People seem to think the opposite but I'm not. Just because those things are kept up 99% of the time it doesn't mean I put hours into that maintenance.

Me too.:yep:

chebaby

i wish my hair were thicker, much thicker. i really could handle it.

i cant wait to get home so i can moisturize and seal my hair. im loving nourish and shine sealed with cocasta right now.

thinking of getting a color shower in red/copper...leaning more towards a browm more than a red so i wont get the mean look at work. but i have to do more research because right now i dont know if a color shower is more of a dye or rinse.

chebaby

people keep telling me i dont need make up but im loving wearing a full face right now. i think i look damn good, all those videos on youtube finally paid off lol. mac has my perfect shade, much more fitting than make up forever HD foundation. i can acheive that perfect dewy face i love.

i confess makeup may be taking over my hair obsession.

Magus484

I am almost waistlength (stretched natural) however I am not doing anything with my hair but pulling it back into a bun.

I am afraid, or hesistant, to wear my hair out because I am concerned that it might lose control and become a big bush.

I want long hair and all, but I am not doing anything special with the hair I already have.

I am too lazy to be stylish with my hair. Trying to get motivation to change all this currently.

butterfly3582

There is a very small part of me, waaaaay in the back of my head that doesn't think my hair will grow. It's because it never has before; this is truly the longest my hair has ever been. So to think that it will get LONGER is just... unthinkable. :perplexed

This is me 100% I honestly cant imagine having APL hair and sometimes think about cutting my hair because i don't want to feel like i fail when i don't reach APL.

The members on the board help to inspire me to keep going.

BostonMaria

I have been reading LHCF locked threads the entire day. Some have been so hilarious that I accidentally laughed out loud at work
:lachen:

Oh and I feel very rachet. I stole 2 pairs of latex gloves at my doctor's office today cuz I need to henna tonight and I didn't have any gloves LMAO :grin:

Last edited:

malachi74

my deepest secret is wishing there was some way to make my forehead smaller...like can i get hairclub for men on about 2 inches of my forehead or maybe have a surgery that would pull my hairline down some???

Duchesse

If my hair isn't at least a healthy APL in a year I will definitely just cut it off and have a cute pixie cut. I've spent too much on time and money trying to grow my hair out, if I don't reap the benefits in 365 days, it's a wrap, party done.

Carrie A

Ok... here goes. I never really cared about the length or style of my hair. I'd abuse my hair, cut it short and it would grow right back - at least to APL. I starting lurking here after reading about this site from another natural hair site, for additional tips on caring for natural hair. Man I got sucked in. After seeing all you ladies I got in my head that I could grow ultra long healthy natural hair. Now I don't want to finish my big chop because I won't make the short gals APL challenge next year! GRRRRR

sexyeyes3616

I think WL hair will be too long for me. I do my own trims, and I think sometimes I don't know what I'm doing. :ohwell:

Last edited:

msa

I have been reading LHCF locked threads the entire day. Some have been so hilarious that I accidentally laughed out loud at work
:lachen:

Oh and I feel very ghetto. I stole 2 pairs of latex gloves at my doctor's office today cuz I need to henna tonight and I didn't have any gloves LMAO :grin:

That's how I did my research when I first go to the board. I got to know everyone and all the drama. Now I always know what people are talking about when they refer to some past member or situation.

Those threads are hilarious.

BklynHeart

Even though my natural hair is my 'God-given' hair, I'm glad I don't any different than when I had a relaxer. I was really nervous that my husband and friends would look at me as though I just came up from the underground railroad.

imstush

I prefer straight hair to natural hair:ohwell:

And yes, I'm natural...but I'm too scared to relax because of what other people may say.

cutiebe2

If I actually took my vitamins like I was supposed to my hair would grow faster

I think jacked up hair was the best thing for me. Knowing that under my braids was a short mess gave me the push I need to do everything little thing possible to make my hair grow

Now I know my hair is just a CHI away from looking fly, so I condition and use MT..but after that I get lazy

CaramelPrincezz

Don't foresee natural any where in my future. I like wearing my hair down and I want it to be light and flowy. Natural doesn't give that to me. One bit of humidity and my hair reverts like crazy. Even stretching is out of the question anymore. I can hardly part my hair after 10-12 weeks.

Whenever I wear my hair down, I always seem to have to bump my ends in the morning so I end up using heat daily
I haven't had a real moisturizer in months....but my hair is still growing. Just bought some Kids Organics Moisturizer and Detangler

I can't do the protective styling all the time. I like wearing my hair out and I don't look right with ponytails.

I'm extremely lazy about moisturizing, sealing, DC....everything

I often lay on my cotton pillow without a bonnet or scarf

Thick hair is over rated

Napp

Ms. Nobody
i wish i had fine,silkier an a tad looser hair. then i would be straight. thick,coarse hair is not what it seems especially if you got a big head like me.

i hate my edges. they are a really tight 4a patter and dont define or anything with out some gel and even then its not much

Keedah

I feel in general like the hoodrats try to holla at me more with straight hair and I get the more intellectual brothas with natural hair.

nurseN98

Ayiti cherie
My confessions:
1. i wish ppl would realize that hair typing is a bit subjective, especially the 3's==>4's. And IMO it doesn't matter because i know 4b's that can detangle & style their hair waaaaaaaaaay quicker than i can.

2. i wish ppl would not think that just cause a person is 3c/4a..whatever...that life is grand and hair is automatically easy to deal with.

3. i wish i could detangle my hair in 5 minutes

Filmatic

I almost had a break down earlier this week and was inches from cutting all my hair off thanks to Feria's breakage. Luckily Aphogee brought it back.