Real Talk: Hair Confessions

abordeaux

What are your deepest, darkest secrets about your hair, haircare, or beauty that you've never shared before?

Here's mine:

If my hair wasn't fine and curly, I would never have gone natural. :):sekret:

If my eyebrows were fuller, I'd truly feel beautiful. Until then.....

Last edited:

JustKiya

:look:

Sometimes I feel silly saying that natural hair is easier than relaxed hair, considering I have 25 odd years of experience with natural hair vs. 2 years of experience with relaxed.

Dposh167

-Im attached to extensions. at first it was just to help me stop manipulating my own hair for daily hairstyles...but i slowly became addicted to them. it gives me that fullness i can't get

-my lack of fullness is the result of my layers taking forever +1 day to grow out. when they finally do grow out...i'll be a happy camper

ETA:

-I CAN'T WAAAIIIIT til next summer when i'm real close to APL. Im gonna swwiiinng and swaaaang my hair in eee'rybody's face hahahahaha (in my demon laugh) lol

-I really hate lying to my beautician about where i get my ends trimmed. I do them myself. But i don't tell her that. i don't trust her with trims...but whenever she asks to do it...and i say no...i feel like she takes it personal

Last edited:

jamaicalovely

-Im attached to extensions. at first it was just to help me stop manipulating my own hair for daily hairstyles...but i slowly became addicted to them. it gives me that fullness i can't get

-my lack of fullness is the result of my layers taking forever +1 day to grow out. when they finally do grow out...i'll be a happy camper

Me too! Your hair is filling out nicely, though.

achangedlife

I can't stand my natural hair. It's too coarse and thick and unmanagable. When I do a long stretch and my edges and nape are all nappy I don't feel beautiful. I tried to go natural before but I used the hot comb and flat iron regularly to try and straighten it and I only lasted 8 weeks. Please understand that this is how I feel about MY natural hair, not anyone elses.

abordeaux

I can't stand my natural hair. It's too coarse and thick and unmanagable. When I do a long stretch and my edges and nape are all nappy I don't feel beautiful. I tried to go natural before but I used the hot comb and flat iron regularly to try and straighten it and I only lasted 8 weeks. Please understand that this is how I feel about MY natural hair, not anyone elses.

This reminds me of another one. I feel beautiful as a natural, but not sexy. It's hard for me to be that "vixen" that I used to be.

drjo91

What are your deepest, darkest secrets about your hair, haircare, or beauty that you've never shared before?

Here's mine:

If my hair wasn't fine and curly, I would never have gone natural. :):sekret:

If my eyebrows were fuller, I'd truly feel beautiful. Until then.....

I think i agree with the bold part. Then again, i never liked getting relaxers!! I just hated how it burns my scalp and my hair would look so thin.

Oasis

grabbing life by the pussy
-I absolutely love my hair.

-One of the reasons I went natural was cuz I saw a pic of me when I was younger and I had really pretty, thick, curly hair. Nothing but napps now! That's what I get.:lachen:

-I don't love my shrinkage.

-I don't love my frizz. Sometimes it's cute but I don't need to see it everyday.

-I wish my hair grew faster.

Hot Chocolate-LB

I had a hair color tradegy that made me do a BC in 2000 and I wore a weave for the first time in my life. I only gave that up this year in May because I wanted to be a more natural beauty. And I believe that come from hearing people say stuff things about other people like she's fake she has a weave, etc...

I just got caught up with certain looks.

The worst part is that I loved myself and lrecognized by the time I was 16 that true beauty is inner beauty!!!

Disclaimer: There is nothing wrong with wearing a weave if you want to, there is something wrong with feeling like you have to.

natstar

I want to dye my hair a sandy brown but I'm afraid of breakage

I really want to get some shape to my hair but there aren't any stylists in Chicago that I trust to do my natural hair.

i may save up one day and go to NYC to get it shaped. I hate my uneveness (but I'll deal w/it)

I also HATE shrinkage

A_Christian

I am considering having my hair colored again; I know it's bad for your hair, especially when you have a relaxer, but my hair did fine the first time and I miss being extra "fly" with my highlites. :lol:

Nice & Wavy

I want a change with my hair and was thinking about color...not sure if I should or not.....ugghhh!

But, if I do...I like this:

ETA: oh, I hate shrinkage too!

I too do not like shrinkage 80% of the time. I wouldn't care what texture my hair was if it just didn't shrink so dang much.

I don't really agree with the statement 'Natural hair is easy'. I think it's easy for some and just not for others, no matter the hairtype.

jndurieux

I love putting extensions in my hair....Even when it was long I would braid my own hair and put extensions in it to add color or change the style.

I like to flat iron my hair...I know it is a big taboo on here but I don't always have the patience to sit under a dryer....I also blowdry sometimes too.

I love changing the color of my hair.

On the upside my hair has never been damaged except for once almost 7 years ago..but that's a long story.

Those are my secrets....don't look down on me...lol.

Last edited:

Nice & Wavy

You too!?! :lol:

I like the brown/blond color in the pic you posted. That's pretty close to my previous color combo. Love the bun in your siggy by the way!

Yes girl...I need to do something different and lighter hair is the way to go. I look nice with lighter hair...did it years ago and it was beautiful.

You should do it again:grin:

Awww...thanks. That's my way of trying a ST bun...but, I don't think I got it right...oh well:lachen:

chokolate miss

I just want 3b/3c defined curls all over.

I was going to say that. I love my hair, but sometimes I do wish it was a different texture. Like if i could get a texturized look, without the texturizer, I think I would like that better. But I'll stick with working with what I have. :yep:

SoOoNY

I want a change with my hair and was thinking about color...not sure if I should or not.....ugghhh!

But, if I do...I like this:

ETA: oh, I hate shrinkage too!

I loooooooooove that color... i think that i might do that soon... but you would look gorgeous with it!