THE NEW NEXXUS....KNOCKOFF OR NOT???? (long)

PinkAngel

I just got back from Sav-On Drugs & Rite-Aid ......

Sav-On had Nexxus products (Humectress,Therappee, Aloe Rid, Keraphix & a few others) on sale for $4.69. They also had a 13.3 oz size of Emergencee for $42, but get this....the Emergencee was in a white bottle, brown top and the word "emergencee" was written down the side of the bottle in brown, cursive letters. On the back of the bottle was "Jheri Redding's" signature along with the Nexxus disclaimer (guranteed if sold in salon.......etc.). How old is this product w/ Jheri's signature?:ohwell:

Rite-Aid had the same size Nexxus products for $17-$19 w/ the Nexxus disclaimer. They also had the "new" display line with brochures. But no Nexxus disclaimer on the back of these "new" products. The emergencee is packaged in a box, the bottle is the same 3.3 oz size but the directions are different......Shampoo w/ Therapee, apply Emergencee to hair & leave on for 1-2 mins, rinse and apply Humectress. These directions are totally different from the original which states.....apply to hair w/ cap w/ or w/o heat, leave on for 10 mins. & use every 2 weeks.:perplexed

Does this mean the NEW formula is so strong it will work in 2 mins.?

Chinagem

HoneyDew said:
I think the Emergencee in the white bottle and brown top is actually the old one.

Wow, it's really old then because I've been using the emergencee for at least the past four years and it was the same-colored bottle as it is now- grey. I wonder wth they are doing with an old bottle of emergencee still stocked there. I wonder if it's lost any of its potency. Or, maybe they are temporarily going back to that style, sort of like the "throwback" bottle.

MissB

The Nexxus on the display is the new one. I opened a bottle of Therappe on yesterday. It smells the same but the consistency is lighter than the old Nexxus.

Rite Aid was selling real Nexxus. But, if it has Jheri Rhedding signature, it is very old. Jheri and Steve Rhedding divorced a long time ago. He kept Nexxus and she restarted a new company, Redken. She later sold Redken to L'Oreal.

MissYocairis

MissB said:
The Nexxus on the display is the new one. I opened a bottle of Therappe on yesterday. It smells the same but the consistency is lighter than the old Nexxus.

Rite Aid was selling real Nexxus. But, if it has Jheri Rhedding signature, it is very old. Jheri and Steve Rhedding divorced a long time ago. He kept Nexxus and she restarted a new company, Redken. She later sold Redken to L'Oreal.

Okay, so is it safe to say that the new line of Nexxus products (the authentic ones and not bootleg) can be found at Rite-Aid for sure?

~*~ShopAholic~*~

I don't know what's going on,:confused: this is all too much for the brain trying to figure out if you have the real thing or not. I think the best thing to do is to e-mail the company w/a few questions to find out if the actual formula will be changed or not. I definately will not be purchasing any more Nexxus products when my stash runs out which will probably be the end of the 2006. I think I'll be switching to natural hair products, unless the reviews are soooo good I can't resist. Other than that it seems with the disclaimer not on the back their not guaranteeing their products any more and it will be easier for the bootleggers to camaflodge their products. :( :ohwell:

MissYocairis

BeautifulWideEyes said:
I don't know what's going on,:confused: this is all too much for the brain trying to figure out if you have the real thing or not. I think the best thing to do is to e-mail the company w/a few questions to find out if the actual formula will be changed or not. I definately will not be purchasing any more Nexxus products when my stash runs out which will probably be the end of the 2006. I think I'll be switching to natural hair products, unless the reviews are soooo good I can't resist. Other than that it seems with the disclaimer not on the back their not guaranteeing their products any more and it will be easier for the bootleggers to camaflodge their products. :( :ohwell:

Everything you just said is so sad...but true. (and I JUST got hip to Nexxus over the past 3 months!) Sucks.

HoneyDew

I see people on ebay selling the old ones with the signature type style bottle.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Nexxus-Emergenc...yZ106247QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Look at how many bids. The newer bottle types are not getting as much traffic.

Anyway, the ones are Rite Aid are great. That's where I bought a few when they were selling them for 50% off. Now I wonder of all these places that had/have them on clearance - Beautyfirst, RiteAid, etc. are going to restock.

I did see Nexxus at Giant Foodstores yesterday. It was wierd. They were selling the 3.3 oz bottle of Emergencee for $15.99 and they have Therapee, Humectress and Diamatress (sp) but that was all.

I cannot wait to see nexxus settle down.

Jewell

I can tell the new Nexxus by looking at the bottle and looking at the product itself (test-feeling the conditioner) because I have the original real deal products, and I have been using Nexxus since 2004. But, as a last resort I will go to CVS when it becomes too hard to find the original Nexxus online.

MissB

The new reformulated Nexxus can be found at Giant, Target, Walmart, etc. It has a little display with an information booklet.

The real/old Nexxus at CVS and Rite Aid are very old products from what I understand.

Beauty First, Blooming Beauty, and Trade Secret still have some of the real original Nexxus.

aquarian1252004

I have a bottle of the emergencee that you described (brown and white bottle with brown top) I'd have to agree with the other ladies who said that it is still authentic Nexxus, just an old bottle.
But the directions on my bottle say: Shampoo with the Nexxus shampoo for your hair type. Towel dry. Apply ample amount of emergencee to completely cover the hair. Comb through. Cover hair with plastic cap. Leave on 10 minutes with or with out heat. Rinse with lukewarm water. Towel dry. Massage HUmectress into hair to maintain moisture balance.

MissYocairis

I went to WalGreen's last night and they were selling KerapHix for $20.99 per 13.5 oz bottle and the bottle did not have the "Sold Only In Salons" tag on the back. I'm sorry, but I'm not paying that amount for something that could be counterfeit. Anyone else see this?

PinkAngel

AQUARIAN........Have you used both the "old" formula in the white/brown bottle & the new formula in the grey bottle. Is one better than the other?

TIA

Last edited:

Arcadian

Of all places I saw nexxus this weekend: bed bath and beyond. Yep I do believe I'm totally done buying nexxus stuff now.:ohwell:

-A