What do you think? Knock off or the real thing?

noemi

Mizani Butter Blends? Knock off or the real thing?

I have an addiction to BSS to find new products and the other day I stopped in a BSS I found and I saw that they had Mizani Butter Blends relaxer kit....I mean they had the whole sample kit, exactly like what Payne's is selling. I couldn't believe it and asked the girl about it and she showed me an invoice from the company. I looked at the product and everything was sealed. Some products were not sealed and I did the sniff test, and the products I was used to dealing with smelled exactly the same.

What are your thoughts? I know how the Asian BSS are not always so trustworthy..but at $44.99 -10% discount I really want to believe that it is the real thing. I was so excited about finding it, I asked her to hold them for me and she did until I could decide to get it.

Last edited:
I was very concerned about the same thing at my local Asian BSS. It seemed like the products they had were the same ones every time I went to browse. One day I was in there and I saw them putting the Mizani on the shelves. It was the new Butter Blends. I saw the box they were taking them out of and it was authentic with Mizani logos and labels. This lead me to believe that my local store is on point. I even noticed that they pull the expired products as well.

More than likely it is the real thing. Especially since that is a fairly new product. Most BSS's sell real products to the public even though they're only supposed to sell it to professionals. They just mark up the price. There are fake products out there (I saw some fake CHI flat ironing stuff at my local BSS) but they're not that common.

Well I Called Mizanni and they informed me that they cannot sell Perms and Protein Treatments to the Beauty Supply Stores. Only a License Beautician can buy Perms and Relaxers and Treatments. You can go on thier web-site and find the number and ask them if you do not believe me!:grin:

This is just my opinion and no facts are included :nono:

The Asian BSS will do ANYTHING to make money. Keeping their customers happy means they have to supply what their customers want and request.

I've seen tons of professional salon products behind the counter...then gradually they sloooowly begin to integrate themselves some how on the general public shelves.

Now, I don't know what the IRS uses to classify a business - a business, but I would not be surprised if some of the shop owners hold some sort of license to classify their business as a salon of sorts.

Some BSS have 'mini' salons attached to the business, so my assumption is that they have a dual license.

I'm guessing....but if we keep asking for Mizani Butter Blend they are not going to deny themselves profit from the sale of MBB.

Where there is a will - there is a way. :grin:

Well I Called Mizanni and they informed me that they cannot sell Perms and Protein Treatments to the Beauty Supply Stores. Only a License Beautician can buy Perms and Relaxers and Treatments. You can go on thier web-site and find the number and ask them if you do not believe me!:grin:

Back