Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

My hair and I had it OUT on Saturday. I had been doing wash n go puffs for weeks that left me with matted sections. Matted not just tangled. I was furious. I wanted a buzz cut when I realized that my crown section was so badly matted. I ended up spritzing my hair with vinegar then loading on a ton of conditioner to detangle. Some sections I just cut out. It took hours to get through my whole head little by little. Never again will I wash n go for weeks at a time. Finger detangling is also not doing it for me. My palms were so wrinkled and shriveled that they felt rough to the touch when so finished -- that's how long they were wet from all the products I was using for hours! My hair is now moisturized, shiny and well detangled but OMG! It was a mess.

Thinking about wearing a sew in for my wedding next year. Wanna get one done soon to see if I even like it, as I've never worn extensions before. I dont want anything long/super fake looking but just some nice length etc.

My fiancee doesn't necessarily like weave but he said as long as it looks neat, doesn't look fake/over the top etc then he's cool with it.

I still got my rollerset curls pinned up. Idk if I should take it down and moisturize and seal but then I will not pin it up, I want it to last a week. Then again my curls might be a mess anyway and be flat from me sleep in on it for two days

I probably need to spend 30 minutes nightly detangling, moisturizing and sealing like I just did. I need to let go of relaxed habits (like m/s and wrapping my hair in less then five minutes) and accept that natural hair needs more time period. It now matters if I don't m/s my entire head section by section.

Unless I straighten it out and treat it like relaxed hair. Hmmmmmm

I cowashed and left my hair alone for 6 hrs and my roots still aren't dry! Not complaining, just observing in surprise. My hair as a whole feels very soft, I'm grateful for that.

Another observation, I think that V05 conditoner actually has a smoothing effect on my hair. It offers a little moisture and a little more slip, but as my roots dry they look very smooth/free of frizz.

Everytime I threaten to relax my hair it behaves. It is finally laying down in my bun after oh I dont know, months? of me looking like I had a hair halo :rolleyes:

I saw a girl at the gym today that i hadn't seen in awhile. I used to really admire her hair, as it was always so thick and healthy. It never seemed to poof up when we worked out either.
Apparently, she dyed it blonde since the last time i saw her and it was broken off very badly.

Every time i think about dying my hair it makes me sad bc i KNOW my hair will break off eventually too. it really sucks.

I cowashed and left my hair alone for 6 hrs and my roots still aren't dry! Not complaining, just observing in surprise. My hair as a whole feels very soft, I'm grateful for that.

Another observation, I think that V05 conditoner actually has a smoothing effect on my hair. It offers a little moisture and a little more slip, but as my roots dry they look very smooth/free of frizz.

V05 has a smoothing effect on my hair too!!! It was amazing for wash n'gos under Ecostyler :yep:. It's a great leave-in.

Sings:
My hair is poppin' poppin!!!! Oh yeah!! Poppin' poppin'!! :weird:

Well, even though it has been sitting for 2 days without moisturizing and sealing under my bonnet for two daya, it' does not feel dry. I guess I will keep it like that.

I don't want to take the pin curls out because don't want worry about preserving it and my birthday is the 11th and don't want to look a mess. But I don't know what my hair will actually look like after I take the pin curls down. What if my hair looks a mess then? It kind of makes me giggle. I picture myself all dressed up cute and about to go out and my hair is smashed and won't lay down right lol

SEMO when are you going to post new pics? I love looking at your fotki album! it gives me an idea of what my hair might look like when it gets longer.

Napp

:blush: I kind of forgot about my fotki. I didn't realize anyone was still looking at it. I'll try to take some pics and put them up this week. Thank you for the motivation. :)

I think I stopped updating my fotki regularly after I was past my goal length. I'm not creative with styling my hair and it seemed like all the pictures were looking the same. :lol:

Last edited:
Well for security reasons I moisturized and sealed my hair in the pin curls. Some look flat but I don't it will drop that way

Well, after a few years of struggle to locate a substitution, I finally found my holy grail to kill the wave. Suave Sleek anti-frizz and Fructis anti-frizz. Even if I allow the curl to form, no frizz develops. I hate when companies make something you like then stop production or change it. So annoying. And I've tried it all, from P. Mitchell to Sebastian, Tigi, Johnson Products (which had my previous holy grail glaze then discontinued it), BKT's, shea butter (greasy, waxy junk) and a billion etc.'s. I was going to grow out to transition to get some thio-based straightener...no longer necessary.
:bouncegre

Speaking of change/new...Pantene has a co-wash product. OGX Macademia shampoo is amazing and I don't know if WEN will be worth it. Eden A is hard to find, B is a little too strong, but it's a great product.

Last edited:
I have decided to treat myself once I hit the 6mth mark of my BC. I will be treating myself to a Devacut at the Deva Chan Spa/Salon. I think I'll make my appointment for Feb. I wonder how soon I need to book it by.

I just looked online and there is a certified devacut salon in Philly. IDK which one I should try. I kinda want to experience the whole spa thing and see what the hype is at the Devachan salon in NYC but then again I like that there is a salon in Philly that is certified to do the cut and I wont have to spend 2hrs on megabus for a hair cut.

DECISIONS DECISIONS!!

My hair has been shedding and breaking off a little more than usual and feeling dry. It may be hormonal or seasonal but it needs to get it together.

Last edited:
I thought of a new way to moisturize and it is simple and works. I got the idea from my Japanese book. Serval times they encourage to oil dry hair and skin in different ways different oils then wet the skin. So last night I lightly oiled my hair with emu it was close by but I have used camellia before too then sprayed my hair with water. This morning I my hair was more moisturized than even. Better than the reverse process of water then sealing. Give it a try people.

I used this idea and changed it slightly. I applied qhemets amla olive heavy cream then lightly misted my hair with SSI Tahitian mist. It worked!

I love my stretched twistouts! I can sleep on it any which way, it'll be a hot mess in the morning but it's so easy to fix and it lasts for days. I never dreamt I would someday experience second day hair:cry2: lol

@JaneBond007 I just bought the ogx macadamia because of good reviews, I'm so excited to try it. I just tried their argan oil and I love it.

I bought it because it was on sale and the 50% more bottle. OMG...you will NOT believe it. I've used their other one of Keratin Oil and it was aight. But this one, better than the old CON. I'm actually quite shocked.

Yes! that is just what I want to hear. The argan one surprised me, I only bought it because they didn't have the macadamia in the first store I went into lol it has amazing slip, the smell is ok, but I used it as a leave in for a twistout and it left my hair so soft and shiny. I could see it leaving mad buildup if you use too much though because it is so thick. I saw a review where the person liked both almost equally so I have high hopes for the macadamia too :D

Back