Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
We have 3 more months to meet our growth goals and perfect our regimens. Let's have a great 4th quarter. More importantly have fun with your hair and enjoy it at every length.

Ok. I feel like a cheerleader right now :lol:

Bibliophile

Hair toy Aficionado
Wow, I shouldn't be shocked by this but I am...

First I had that “N-Word" 4B hair; now suddenly I'm in the “good hurr" category...Just because it's long? *********

My people perish for lack of knowledge.

Sent from my SGH-T599N using LHCF

myfaithrising

No wonder Yal don't like the new Tresemme naturals. I thought all the time I was using the new formula from Walmart and I was talking about I love it lol. Coming to find out, I love the old formula just like most. I recently got a bottle at a discount store for 2 and some change and I dc and it had the same slip, I went to rinse it out and was shocked it wasn't soft anymore and I was wondering why. Then I looked on the bottle and it said new and the top was white and green. That's when I remembered that the one in Walmart is black and green. So now I see what yal was talking about

Yup, the Tresemme naturals with the black top is the truth, that new one with the white top has a ton of alcohol in it and it is very drying.

ImanAdero

I was hoping I'd have a little bit more new growth in this weave right now.

Oh well. It just needs to be retained. I want to be solidly MBL and on my way to WL by the end of this year.

whiteoleander91

stay at your best ♥
No wonder Yal don't like the new Tresemme naturals. I thought all the time I was using the new formula from Walmart and I was talking about I love it lol. Coming to find out, I love the old formula just like most. I recently got a bottle at a discount store for 2 and some change and I dc and it had the same slip, I went to rinse it out and was shocked it wasn't soft anymore and I was wondering why. Then I looked on the bottle and it said new and the top was white and green. That's when I remembered that the one in Walmart is black and green. So now I see what yal was talking about

I think the green and white top are the old formula, and the black top is the new formula.

Embyra

Yup, the Tresemme naturals with the black top is the truth, that new one with the white top has a ton of alcohol in it and it is very drying.

For crying out loud they have changed it again !!!!!!

How many times are they going to keep doing this ****!!!!

:-/

Lilmama1011

I guess I'm not washing my hair today. I still have my curls in a bonnet in a pineapple. I was suppose to do a roller set too. There is no way that's happened. It almost 6 pm here

Bibliophile

Hair toy Aficionado
The white and green top says new and the black and green doesn't. Well in my area that's how it is

It's best to check the ingredients. I've noticed the new formula in both color caps. If your TM Naturals has DMDM hydantoin as the preservative, then it's the new formula.

Sent from my SGH-T599N using LHCF

whiteoleander91

stay at your best ♥
The white and green top says new and the black and green doesn't. Well in my area that's how it is

oh okay, in my area it has always been a white cap (for years), then they recently started putting out bottles with the black cap so I figured that was the one with the formula change

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
Staple products....check
Regimen...check
Length....check
Not interested in trying everything....check

I'm at the point now where I'm not quite at my goal length (full hip) but my hair is long enough for me to be satisfied (Whip). I want 2015 to be all about transitioning to clean eating and getting a 6 pack (ok well maybe 8-10 pack) after having my baby. I've ventured into the other parts of the board...Natural Living & Health & Fitness and I must say...it's pretty nice :)

BillsBackerz67

for what it's worth, your hair is gorgeous either way :yep:
Thanks boo. I LOVE my curly hair but no matter what I do ssk/splits galore. Right before I cut my hair the other day 5 strands I examined had 7-8 pixie knots on each strand. How does that even happen?!:lachen:

I can either trim every other month and get 3 inches of growth per year...which is equivalent to an inch with shrinkage in the curly hair world.....OR wear it straight majority of the time and retain every single millimeter with no issue.

spellinto

My hair feels so good right now :love2:

I prepooed, clarified, used a protein treatment, DC'd, air-dried, detangled, M&S'd...typical once-a-month wash day. Except this time I went back to my usual way of air drying (no experimenting this time) and my hair was like "THANK YOU!" It detangled and absorbed moisture a lot better, and I know it's set for the rest of the week.

So now my hair is supple and moist and soft and fluffy...I love when my hair's like this, I feel so pretty :blush3: Very grateful!

whiteoleander91

stay at your best ♥
Thanks boo. I LOVE my curly hair but no matter what I do ssk/splits galore. Right before I cut my hair the other day 5 strands I examined had 7-8 pixie knots on each strand. How does that even happen?!:lachen:

I can either trim every other month and get 3 inches of growth per year...which is equivalent to an inch with shrinkage in the curly hair world.....OR wear it straight majority of the time and retain every single millimeter with no issue.

yep, you have to do what works for you. I'm planning on practicing roller sets and other stuff this fall/winter so that I can have more options. I loove wash and go's, but it would be nice to enjoy my length more often

Evolving78

Forget it, I'm bored, I'm doing my hair. It 830pm, oh well. I woke up real late
I wanted to prepoo my hair, but got sick. Acid reflux and painful upper tummy attack stopped that. I will just spray some moisturizer and keep it moving. What r you doing to your hair?

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Lilmama1011

Well I found that I don't even have to remove the shedded hair first or wet it, just apply some v05 and the comb glides through without ripping hair. But then again I don't think that gets rid of all the shedded hair as well because I think it was more hair in the tub

Last edited:

Lilmama1011

I wanted to prepoo my hair, but got sick. Acid reflux and painful upper tummy attack stopped that. I will just spray some moisturizer and keep it moving. What r you doing to your hair?

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

shortdub78 I was going to roller set my hair and use my roller pix I got from sally ' to see if it will make a faster roller set rather than trying to jam those metal clips in. But I might sleep with the conditioner in my hair and just do it tomorrow. My birthday is the 11th so I want it straight for a change and probably put it in a curly ponytail. I never wear a ponytail nor straight hair after I have just got a fresh relaxer. I'm four weeks, so hopefully it comes out smooth

Lilmama1011

Every time when I try using new gadgets, they never work. I stood in the mirror for 30 minutes trying to get two rollers in my hair. When I thought it would stay, it would come a loose again. Taking them back. Had to use my clips