Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

Evolving78

Watching slave catchers on the history channel....I'm still in awe how people felt it was ok for that w w to comment like that. Anyway I need to start on my hair.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Lilmama1011

I really don't either. How did the curls come out? Do you flat iron the roots?

shortdub78 I just slid the rollers out keeping the shape and pinned them up. Will take down tomorrow or Monday. They feel like they will have great hold because of the motions foam lotion is extra hold, I feel the firm hold too. I will not flat iron the roots. I don't use direct heat at all. I will just open the curls til they cover up my edges and roots. That's why I only do roller sets once every three months, because I fear how my roots will look. I might take pics lol

Lilmama1011

I have to see if my hair needs protein or not for next week. Because I'm not sure if henna really is a protein. I haven't used protein in a while but I don't really think too much about it because I eat it.

Evolving78

I have to see if my hair needs protein or not for next week. Because I'm not sure if henna really is a protein. I haven't used protein in a while but I don't really think too much about it because I eat it.
I started drinking protein shakes and try to eat it as well, I guess once my diet is intake and I grow out the old relaxed ends, I won't need to do protein treatments often? I'm working on getting my hair stronger and transitioning to texlaxed.

flyygirlll2

Lioness mane
I just received the Outre Tammy wig but is in a color 2 when I had requested it to be 1B smh. This is my first time buying a wig and I'm disappointed that I can't even wear it anyway since it doesn't match my hair at all.

PerFicMsFit

I want E'Tae Carmel Deep Reconstructing Treatment. I do not need anymore hair products. I want more hair products. If I have a plan for how I plan to use it, doesn't that mean I need it? I need it soften my new growth while deep in my relaxer stretch. Does pure, unfiltered raw honey do the same thing? Should I get another hair product? Yes... No... Maybe... A day in the life of a PJ.

flyygirlll2

Lioness mane
I want E'Tae Carmel Deep Reconstructing Treatment. I do not need anymore hair products. I want more hair products. If I have a plan for how I plan to use it, doesn't that mean I need it? I need it soften my new growth while deep in my relaxer stretch. Does pure, unfiltered raw honey do the same thing? Should I get another hair product? Yes... No... Maybe... A day in the life of a PJ.

I've been eyeing some of the E'Tae products. I've used honey mixed with coconut milk as a prepoo and that helps soften the new growth . You could also add oil to it, I made an my own oil infusion and do add it to the mix.

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

PerFicMsFit

I've been eyeing some of the E'Tae products. I've used honey mixed with coconut milk as a prepoo and that helps soften the new growth . You could also add oil to it, I made an my own oil infusion and do add it to the mix. Sent from my iPad using LHCF

flyygirlll2 I am going to try that! I have all of those items already. Perfect! Thank you! I'm sure I'll purchase the E'Tae Carmel by tonight though. I'll use your suggested concoction while I wait for it to arrive to me. Haha!

PerFicMsFit

I bought it from Pampered & Twisted so it will be here before I even get to try anything else. I do not need anymore hair products. I'm serious this time. *walk of shame*

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Ross had a big pack of flexirods for 5.99. Of course I had to pass it up, because I am on a personal no buy challenge :(

oneastrocurlie

My oh so coily hair. It's like my shed hair gets caught in the coils and causes tangles. I got my hair cut for easier maintenance but if stretched styles keep it from tangling I might have to do them more often..

And my nape..grows....so....slow... :(

Last edited:

meka72

My oh so coily hair. It's like my shed hair gets caught in the coils and causes tangles. I got my hair cut for easier maintenance but if stretched styles keep it from tangling I might have to do them more often..(

I've been struggling with this for the last month or two. I had my ends clipped and that didn't help. I have a TWA and wear a satin cap between my hair and my wig. That didn't help. Over the last three weeks, I've been plaiting/bootlegged braiding my hair every weekly wash day and that has helped tremendously.

FollicleFanatic

My coworker's curls have been looking really juicy and defined (looser hair type but whatev) the past couple days. Might have to check out that L'oreal Oleotherapy condish..

oneastrocurlie

I've been struggling with this for the last month or two. I had my ends clipped and that didn't help. I have a TWA and wear a satin cap between my hair and my wig. That didn't help. Over the last three weeks, I've been plaiting/bootlegged braiding my hair every weekly wash day and that has helped tremendously.

I flat twisted my tapered cut today instead of my usual weekly wash and go. We'll see how this week goes. I really like the way my wash and go's look but these tangles feel like I'm setting myself up for a set back and I just had my hair cut in July.

SEMO

I gave myself a 2-3 inch trim today and I had to hold myself back from cutting more. I used to rarely trim, but I've been cutting out damage from using the tangle teezer. I used that cursed brush years ago, but my hair got mid-shaft splits all over my strands (after only using it once or twice before I realized it had damaged my hair).

So I literally had to transition again and grow the damage out (trimming it off a bit at a time). I was waist length when the original damage occurred and I'm around hip length now. So I believe it took a little over 2 years to grow and trim off all the damage. I think I may have a few spots at my nape (where my hair is more fragile and was damaged further up the shaft) where there's still an inch I need to cut.

But for the most part, I think I've finally recovered from that tangle teezer setback. So no more weird/experimental styling tools for me.

Kaitlynrs91

Unfortunately I got really bad heat damage from a salon in February for my grad photos. The photos were awesome but the damage is so bad it's going to take at least a year to trim off. The best part is my new growth is looking strong. I'm going no heat until I finish the transition and then I'll just flat iron myself from now on.

lana

oneastrocurlie - have you tried castor oil as a growth aid? It worked great on my bangs, which wouldn't grow for some reason and now they went from eyebrow length to upper lip, even with several trims. Jamaican black castor oil.

lana

I've been taking silica off and on and I noticed my sides, bangs and nape have really grown out beautifully, those are always my trouble areas. Using JBCO on the bangs has helped too!

Texlaxing is working out great for me. I recently trimmed off almost an inch and a half in some places and my ends look pretty good. I think I need to do a scheduled trim in 6 weeks to keep the shape (even though I'm a trim when needed girl).

I received about three hair compliments yesterday. All I did was pincurl it. Gotta get back into pincurling to keep my hair looking great after the first wash, flat iron day.

oneastrocurlie

oneastrocurlie - have you tried castor oil as a growth aid? It worked great on my bangs, which wouldn't grow for some reason and now they went from eyebrow length to upper lip, even with several trims. Jamaican black castor oil.

lana

I'm using a Ayurvedic Oil that has castor oil as it's first ingredient. My nape is in better condition than it has been. I'm just impatient. I think relaxers really effected how that area grows and I can tell more now that I'm natural.

Sholapie

excited for next wash day to try out my new organix conditioners. I bought moroccan oil and argan oil and will try one on each side of my head.

toaster

I prefer the look of twist outs on wet hair over blow dried hair. I think wet twist outs look like "my curls but better" and they're very pretty.

I wanted to do a blown out twist out for the holidays but I'll stick with my every day twist out.

bronzephoenix

Kicking myself....

I ain't realize Garnier Pure Clean Gel had glycerin AS THE SECOND FREAKING INGREDIENT.

I just used it for my wng & it looks and smells so promising... But this dry climate might ruin all the work I just put in 2 days of MHM. Smh.

I have a million errands to run today so I guess I'll find out soon enough. :/

Napp

Ms. Nobody
SEMO when are you going to post new pics? I love looking at your fotki album! it gives me an idea of what my hair might look like when it gets longer.