Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

PureSilver

I think I'm officially over the whole online natural hair care products/online vendor thing. After my products run out I think I'm sticking to products that I can find on the ground. I came to this conclusion after discovering that care free gold liquid activator moisturizes my hair like nothing else. Why am I buying all these fancy products again? I just feel like it's no longer worth the hassle, money etc... :look:

Like Lilmama1011 momma always says "natural is not always better". I wanted to jump on the all natural products bandwagon too but I still haven't and not sure when I will, until then I will continue to use my commercial products until I decide I would like to throw away some money testing out every natural product on the market. I doubt I ever will. If it ain't broke don't fit it!

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
I really think my hair prefers multiple wash days throughout the week since it's so hot out but I'm not down for all that manipulation

PureSilver

So i guess today is out of the question as the day to prepare for the relaxer next week. I'll do all that madness tomorrow when i'm alone at home with all the i=time in the worlD to MYSELF!

LivingInPeace

So it's my wedding anniversary and I'm wearing my hair in a bun on top of my head. Why? You ask? Because yesterday I attempted a wash and go with Eden Bodyworks leave in and EcoStyler gel and today it looks like there's chunks of glue in my hair! I tried to wash it out. I even had my husband try to wash it out. But there are still chunks of product stuck in my hair! So a big bun it is.

This was the first time my husband washed my hair. He kept saying, "You have a lot of hair!"

whiteoleander91

stay at your best ♥
I'm thinking about lightening the ends of my hair with raw honey.

I want it to be subtle and natural looking.

ChasingBliss

Funny how old habits die so hard lol. I'm loc'd now but I still go into the beauty supply store looking at products I don't need.

Oh and fuzzies ...:nono: And I am told there is nothing I can do about it. :(

It's cool though, this is just a stage.

whiteoleander91

stay at your best ♥
I'm thinking about lightening the ends of my hair with raw honey. I want it to be subtle and natural looking.[/QUOTE

Interesting have never heard if that before raw honey and what else??

Embyra

Well, I was just combing through old threads and it seems like the honey alone will be enough, but some ppl have done honey/cinnamon mixtures, some have added lemon juice, etc. I think I will just keep it simple and do the honey by itself...although I do have a huge tub of cinnamon *scratches chin* I'm super excited to try it!

whiteoleander91

stay at your best ♥
^^but it is something that takes time. I won't be able to apply the honey today, for example, and then see a dramatic difference by tomorrow. So it'd take a few applications before I'd see a difference.

Embyra

^^but it is something that takes time. I won't be able to apply the honey today, for example, and then see a dramatic difference by tomorrow. So it'd take a few applications before I'd see a difference.

Ahhhh I see let me know how it goes sounds very interesting

whiteoleander91

stay at your best ♥
sitting with some honey on my ends! I'll keep it on for a couple of hours

things I have learned:

Honey is messy!! Apply only to towel-dried/damp hair NOT wet hair

pour the amount of honey that you will use into separate container, rather than squeezing honey directly into your hands :look:

faithVA

sitting with some honey on my ends! I'll keep it on for a couple of hours

things I have learned:

Honey is messy!! Apply only to towel-dried/damp hair NOT wet hair

pour the amount of honey that you will use into separate container, rather than squeezing honey directly into your hands :look:

What does honey on your ends do?

krissyhair

What's with the, "let's redefine blackness to not include mixed race people," talk on this forum?

Weren't the folks who argued on our behalf in Plessy v. Ferguson saying it wasn't practical to try to figure out people's race by looking at them on the spot for so called exclusive spaces? Segregation @$$ loving hair forum members. Can't tell me nothing about my white grandma, or my white indentured servant ancestors who bought and married their black slave counter parts and loved ones. I am black.

I'm not the type to say race isn't important, or that we should be color blind and forget about it in determining all things, but this is some self destructive talk I see and it's gotta stop.

DivineNapps1728

I blew out my hair with intentions of wand curling it, but it's so soft and touchable I don't wanna. My curls would be end up utter wreck from all the rubbing && the use of heat would be pointless.

Perhaps I'll do heatless curls as a happy medium.... but which method works best on dry stretched hair ?

krissyhair

[USER=38865]DivineNapps1728[/USER];20382427 said:
I blew out my hair with intentions of wand curling it, but it's so soft and touchable I don't wanna. My curls would be end up utter wreck from all the rubbing && the use of heat would be pointless.

Perhaps I'll do heatless curls as a happy medium.... but which method works best on dry stretched hair ?

Bantu knot out or flexy rod set with some kind of creamy moisturizer.

Willow00

Just finish washing, drying, detangling, and twisting my hair. Took me four hours. Four. Hours. I'm exhausted. My hair is only APL. And I'm wanting WL??? Well...I'm halfway there. Upward and onward.

DivineNapps1728

krissyhair,

Thanks for the suggestions chica! I love a good flexi rod set, but the curls don't last. Bantu knots produce curls that are too unpredictable in my opinion, on my hair at least. I may try cocoon curls or I may end up bunning because apparently it's going to rain all week.

Grrr.

spellinto

Recently bought my first blow dryer! I thought it would be complex to use but it was pretty simple. I felt like a professional stylist, but all I really did was dry my damp hair with the cool setting :lol: I'm really impressed with the results but I may return this particular dryer. It's "cool shot" is more of a neutral-warm blast of air and I want something a little colder.

Also narrowing down a few of my products. I may stop using my PM Smoothing Conditioner. I'd also like to incorporate more ceramides into my regimen if that's possible.

spellinto

Just finish washing, drying, detangling, and twisting my hair. Took me four hours. Four. Hours. I'm exhausted. My hair is only APL. And I'm wanting WL??? Well...I'm halfway there. Upward and onward.

Willow00 don't be discouraged! As your hair grows you discover better products and techniques that cut down on time. It took me more time on wash days when I was between apl & bsl (about three to four hours) than it does now that I'm around hl. That's just because I've gotten better at the process, eliminated unnecessary steps, and found easier ways to do things...the same will happen for you.

JaneBond007

I have finally decided on the relaxer I will use next touch up @JaneBond007 thank you for recommending Silk ELements Mega Silk but if it doesn't do right by me I'm coming for you. I cannot afford any more setbacks, not after this 4 months stretch.

May I ask @JaneBond007 what is your hair type and how quickly does it process your hair to give you bone straight results?

PureSilver

Just saw this. I used Regular in the brown but I hear the olive is good as well. Regular is stronger for me. The closest to my results are in this Shima YT which I saw over the weekend. BTW, she has good techniques for how to relax at home (kinda corny, but she's good). At :48 secs in, you see her hair relaxed...my back hair is like that when dry but my top is straight. I don't overprocess it, it's just how the result is. Believe me, I'm washing that out in 10 min. lol. My last stylist told me regular is too strong but I figure for myself, why relax and get curls when you don't want the curls and frizz? I'm not a roller setter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zcI80NZRkc

I'm a wash'n go strictly, with gel, foam wax or curl creme etc. What I'd suggest is to try and match how the stylist got your hair so you won't do damage. Do a strand test and if you have to do 4 secs separately, please do. You have a lot of hair. I'm from 3b or c - 4a in some areas. My strands are coarse and not cottony soft. It's not fine. So, please be very careful. If I could suggest her 2 videos of part 1 and 2 on how to relax, it's very good.

meka72

After reading the henna vs. protein thread, I was scared how my hair would turn out when I used henna after a protein treatment. My hair turned out really soft, strong and dense.

EnExitStageLeft

meka72

I did a reconstructive treatment last week and a hendigo treatment today. MANNNNNN! My hair looks and feels fantastic. Like fine silk. SO kept looking at me while I was applying my leave ins. He complimented my curls constantly. I was like "Ummmmm....you want something?" :lachen:.