Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

nerdography

I decided to start pre-pooing again, I bought some avocado oil since my hair seems to like it. I also got the Kiss handle-less dryer. I'm going back to the way my mother did my hair. Regular shampoo and conditioner, a blow dryer, pressing oil, and a hot comb. My hair thrived, it was down to my knees.

I want to transition from texlaxed to heat trained.

Ogoma

Got a quote for medium-sized twists: $250 + $13.5 per pack of hair and she estimates I will need 5-6 packs = $331 in total. I will pass.

ronie

Is Aveyou really that fast. I just placed an order. I got confirmation email at 4:07pm, and i got a shipping email with tracking number at 4:34pm.
Are they playing with me?

krissyhair

I did a LCO last night without even realizing it.

I started with Aphogee keratin and green tea restructurizer, used Carol's Daughter Hair Milk leave in, then sealed with tui hair sheen.

It was nice.

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
It's been a while since I had the time or patience to sit down and watch a hair video so I don't know if this is the new thing or not. But what's up with the close your eyes, do the duck lips, make a silly face and throw a peace sign with both your hands? 2 videos from 2 different people and same thing.

Or what's up with the 3 minute intro of you posing to the camera, batting your eyelashes, licking lips and here I am like hol up hol up hol up....

Last edited:

lookingforkeona

This may sound lazy but I just want someone to come over and tell me how I can improve the feel of my hair. Starting to think my hair is SUPER LOW porosity and just doesn't absorb any moisture at all. I pre pooed with Coconut oil for an hour, shampooed then DC'd for about 45 min and my hair was soft after washing it all out then just had the weirdest texture. It's better today but is still sooo course and tangly. IDK WHAT TO DO

Lilmama1011

It's been a while since I had the time or patience to sit down and watch a hair video so I don't know if this is the new thing or not. But what's up with the close your eyes, do the duck lips, make a silly face and throw a peace sign with both your hands? 2 videos from 2 different people and same thing.

Or what's up with the 3 minute intro of you posing to the camera, batting your eyelashes, licking lips and here I am like hol up hol up hol up....

I just acted this out to see what you were talking about lol

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Got a quote for medium-sized twists: $250 + $13.5 per pack of hair and she estimates I will need 5-6 packs = $331 in total. I will pass.

and this is why i just turned down my appt for faux locs

$150 for the first 2 hours and $40 an hour after not including the hair.

umm , no. I only keep my ps in for 9 weeks. Next weekend, I will be back in kinky twists.

Lilmama1011

I can't stand when someone makes a point and you have no choice but to agree. I was going coneless and Walmart has a sale on suave big ole bottles and some have pumps but they all have cones. And I also have a dollar off coupon so I paid 1.88 and 1.50 foe two bottles that are originally 4 almost $5 . So goes "well you had long and thick hair before when you used cones so what's the problem, yal (lhcf ladies) come up with all these rules and you were doing fine before " and I just looked at him and said "your right, let's go get them. And besides if I do get buildup I know it's time to clarify " and I clarify every month anyway with acv rinse even if I don't see buildup so......

spellinto

My hair has been the softest, smoothest, and most detangled it's been in a really long time...yay! My roots are still greasy from build up though, so I'm shampooing again tomorrow. Also buying some Now Foods grapeseed oil for a ceramide boost :lick: plus I exchanged my previous blow dryer for a higher quality one...so tomorrow I'm looking forward to a great wash day!

curlyTisME

My ends feel rough! I'm sad! No breakage or shedding but just rough, almost straw like. Confused! I'm still searching for the best way to moisturize them while my hair is straight without worrying about reversion. Sigh!

Lilmama1011

My ends feel rough! I'm sad! No breakage or shedding but just rough, almost straw like. Confused! I'm still searching for the best way to moisturize them while my hair is straight without worrying about reversion. Sigh!

In a wrap and you strictly get your ends the most while moisturizing and sealing

curlyTisME

In a wrap and you strictly get your ends the most while moisturizing and sealing

I find that wrapping causes a bit more shedding than I prefer due up trying to get it smooth. Can I M&S w/o a water based product? Those will surly cause reversion. My friend told me a bit of gel might help but I don't know, me and gel have a dysfunctional relationship.

Jobwright

I find that wrapping causes a bit more shedding than I prefer due up trying to get it smooth. Can I M&S w/o a water based product? Those will surly cause reversion. My friend told me a bit of gel might help but I don't know, me and gel have a dysfunctional relationship.
I don't know how to moisturize without a water based product. Moisture comes from water. Maybe try using steam rollers in the morning or big satin rollers over night after you M&S if wrapping is a nogo.

SlimPickinz

Summer where are you?
Mainly the moisture should come from your DC. If you use a cream moisturizer you should have any reversion unless you are using too much product.

spellinto

curlyTisME have you tried "moisturizing" with coconut oil? It can penetrate and system the strand without causing reversion. It won't actually replace a water-based moisturizer, but it's good if you're just wearing your hair straight for awhile. Just note that a little goes a long way...you might not even need to use it daily.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I think my daughter has low porosity hair. It takes a lot to moisturize her hair and it only lasts for a short while. It is usually dry, frizzy and rough when loose. Whenever I keep it braided her hair retains some moisture.

My hair used to be like that until I started dyeing it. Now my porosity is perfect. I just don't know if im going to continue to color my hair. There are pros and cons to it

Last edited:

spellinto

Just did inventory of my product stash and I only own 12 products right now (excluding styling tools). 2 of them may be replaced, but other than that I've narrowed down my staples. I'm pretty proud :grin:

oneastrocurlie

I think my daughter has low porosity hair. It takes a lot to moisturize her hair and it only lasts for a short while. It is usually dry, frizzy and rough when loose. Whenever I keep it braided her hair retains some moisture.

My hair used to be like that until I started dyeing it. Now my porosity is perfect. I just don't know if im going to continue to color my hair. There are pros and cons to it

Could it be high porosity? In that the moisture in her hair is escaping quickly as opposed to not soaking in. Dry, frizzy and rough remind me of my hair when it's not acting right. I consider my hair normal to highly porous.

lookingforkeona

Finally ordered some Jamaican Black Castor Oil! Hopefully this helps seal the moisture into my rough, super low porous ends.

Did the porosity test and let the hair sit for so long that I poured the water out before it even sank to the bottom.

PureSilver

So disappointed, i co-washed today and DC for 1+ hours only to find build up on my scalp. I really was anticipating relaxing on Sunday but it seems it will not work out. I'll clarify later today then air dry. I just really want to be over this stretch esp since it seems like i've made much progress.

whiteoleander91

stay at your best ♥
doing my second...what should I call it...honey treatment?

the process this time was a lot smoother, and less messy. but still super messy!!! lol after the last treatment I could already very faintly tell that my ends were slightly lighter.