Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

Lilmama1011

I wonder if protective styling for this relaxer period will do me any good. Hopefully it won't do any bad. I don't see breakage

PureSilver

I could never go combless. I detangle before washing, detangle in shower with conditioner under running water, comb out real quick to apply deep conditioner(so it's basically detangled ) and as I'm applying relaxer style a couple more shedded hair comes out.

I feel your pain

bosswitch

Chopping off my dead ends in Aug and will be PS'ing till my hair reaches full APL. Primarily braids, but will also try wigging it too. Going back to what helped me grow my hair to BSL back in the day.

mz.rae

I was just sitting around thinking, and I can't believe when I was natural the first time around and I can't believe I would go a month some times two months without washing my hair! And when I did I would "deep condition" with a hot oil treatment and rip through my hair a dryer and try to straighten my hair slapping grease on my ends because they never got straight and I thought putting grease on them would help it to straighten. Now that I think about it I don't even think the hairdresser back then deep conditioned my hair before straightening either, I just remember one time. In hindsight that was pretty bad, but was all I knew. I was in the mindset back then that the only thing that could be done with natural hair was going to the salon and getting it straightened. No wonder my hair stayed stuck at armpit length back then. Yay for enlightenment!

whiteoleander91

stay at your best ♥
soon as I get hoooooome...I'll make it up to you, baby I'll do what I gotta doooo

relaxing in my pjs, deep conditioning. been out in this crazy heat all day, finally able to sit. soaking up this AC :drool:

DoDo

Big Hair, Don't Care
Ditching the satin cap means that my edges have been growing more than I thought they could.

Using the Bass S-shaped paddle brush to detangle makes my hair much easier to manage.

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
Ditching the satin cap means that my edges have been growing more than I thought they could.

Using the Bass S-shaped paddle brush to detangle makes my hair much easier to manage.

DoDo

For clarification, did you ditch a satin bonnet or cap? I'm happy that your edges are flourishing.

aviddiva77

Freaking allergies made me sick and I'm scared to wash my hair now. In the past if I washed my hair while sick I got worse and I need to go to work tomorrow. Sigh. I guess it will have to wait. Meanwhile my scalp is itching like a ****.

EnExitStageLeft

Shea Moisture Body Wash broke me out so bad, I can almost cry.

My skin is so scaly and dry. My SO threw it away for me. I'm going back to the Dove For Sensitive Skin. I slathered myself in Aveeno/Aquaphor and I feel so much better.

My skin use to be able to take ANYTHING! Now if I look at it to hard I break out. THIS SUCKS!

oneastrocurlie

Shea Moisture Body Wash broke me out so bad, I can almost cry.

My skin is so scaly and dry. My SO threw it away for me. I'm going back to the Dove For Sensitive Skin. I slathered myself in Aveeno/Aquaphor and I feel so much better.

My skin use to be able to take ANYTHING! Now if I look at it to hard I break out. THIS SUCKS!

Oh no! :( sorry to hear that.

EnExitStageLeft

cwmarie

Yeah, its sucks. I thought it would be ok because it has more natural ingredients but nahhhhhhhh. Its just as bad (if not worst) then drugstore brand body washes. I'll just stick to what I know for now own.

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
Debating taking out this weave for a brief break. I stay weaved up during school so I kinda feel like I should give my hair a little break these last two weeks, plus I'm just plain tired of the weave even though it looks good.

ckisland

Ugh!!! My hair seems like it's in the awkward phase already :censored:. Now that my natural hair isn't a shiny new toy, it's boring as hayle!!! I need to get some braids, cause I'm over it :lol: :ohwell:

Sigh. Let me watch some styling videos on Youtube.

Last edited:

Covergirl5906

I think I'm officially over the whole online natural hair care products/online vendor thing. After my products run out I think I'm sticking to products that I can find on the ground. I came to this conclusion after discovering that care free gold liquid activator moisturizes my hair like nothing else. Why am I buying all these fancy products again? I just feel like it's no longer worth the hassle, money etc... :look:

PinkSunshine77

New York's Finest
Ugh!!! My hair seems like it's in the awkward phase already :censored:. Now that my natural hair isn't a shiny new toy, it's boring as hayle!!! I need to get some braids, cause I'm over it :lol: :ohwell:

Sigh. Let me watch some styling videos on Youtube.
ive been feeling the same way and I can do flat twists and a bunch of different styles now so yay:lol:

DoDo

Big Hair, Don't Care
DoDo

For clarification, did you ditch a satin bonnet or cap? I'm happy that your edges are flourishing.

MileHighDiva

I ditched the satin cap. I just use a satin pillow case now. I started doing it because wearing the cap was becoming uncomfortable. Now two months later my edges are much happier. I always had edges so I was shocked to see that they could actually get thicker and longer.

Last edited:

PinkSunshine77

New York's Finest
Oh now I'm jealous :lol:!!! I can't do anything with it because it's too short :ohwell:. Boo!!!!
lol hey, I was sitting here for 6 months doing wash n go swearing all I had was a teeny weeny afro, yesterday I was watching some Youtube vids..and realized, shrinkage tricked me! lol my hair is long enough to do something other than wash n gos. Thank God i was getting tired but yours will be there soon enough.

Lilmama1011

I took my two twists out, they were looking flat on the side of my head and I just did a regular ponytail pulled back and tucked my ends. It kind of looked like that anyway with the twists lol. I then double moisturized and sealed and detangled again. It's much easier to detangle on wet hair and not almost dry hair because I was struggling a little bit to not break any hair. Even though I spritz it, it was drying as fast as I was spraying it.

Lilmama1011

I hope my ends look good when I relax in 5 weeks because sometimes when your hair is almost dry you get shrinkage (even though your relaxed ) and the ends don't add up right but I haven't suffered any breakage but you never know......

PureSilver

I have finally decided on the relaxer I will use next touch up JaneBond007 thank you for recommending Silk ELements Mega Silk but if it doesn't do right by me I'm coming for you. I cannot afford any more setbacks, not after this 4 months stretch.

May I ask JaneBond007 what is your hair type and how quickly does it process your hair to give you bone straight results?