Quick Poll: How often do you wear protective styles in a typical month?

How often do you wear protective styles in a typical month?

• Less than 10% of the time

Votes: 30 12.4%
  • Ten to 30 percent of the time

Votes: 6 2.5%
  • 30 to 40 percent of the time

Votes: 7 2.9%
  • 40 to 60 percent of the time

Votes: 13 5.4%
  • 60 to 80 percent of the time

Votes: 45 18.6%
  • All or almost all the time

Votes: 141 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

winona

My job requires me to wear it 5 days a week and my laziness doesnt really help the other two:)

SherylsTresses

I wear a tuck 'n bobbypin or slick donut bun 100% of the time. I know...boring. I'll flat iron someday when I feel I can avoid heat damage.

shtow

I keep my hair up when Im home just because it annoys me when it's down and in my face but when Im out the house I usually have it down.

Bnster

Most of the time I my hair is in a PS when I go outside the house. When I am at home I tend to let it down, but I wear a tank top which I feel it is much safer to have my hair down. I am past APL nearing to top of BSL. I hope I am not fooling myself.

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
Most of the time I my hair is in a PS when I go outside the house. When I am at home I tend to let it down, but I wear a tank top which I feel it is much safer to have my hair down. I am past APL nearing to top of BSL. I hope I am not fooling myself.

Funny, I wear a tank top too, especially when air drying - even if I'm chilly!:grin:

greight

Since January, 100% of the time with little to show for it :ohwell:

I don't know what to do. I think twists are doing more harm than good to my hair. Flat twists are better (front of my head is doing a lot better than the middle), but I don't know how to do the hairstyles/designs yet that'd make it paparazzi ready. Plus, that ish would take me hours to do :ohwell:

I'm going to try twist-outs.

SpicyPisces

3 Years Natural
I PS in buns 100% of the time. I do plan on wearing it out more once it gets warm since I'll hopefully be MBL.

Truth

I voted 30 to 40..its probably more to me it's not so much that i'm actually trying to protective style.. it's more so I just don't feel like doing my hair so I style it... I keep my hair in twist, big braids, 2 strand flat twist , single flat twist.. wigs..ponytails... buns...if it can be worn for a few days or week without me bothering with it... I do it...

WantNatural

I voted all of the time, even though I have only been PSing for the last 28 days. :lol: Before I wore my hair in a WNG puff or a twist-out puff, but I love buns and updos so now that my hair is a little longer I'm planning to PS until I probably reach WL. I'm sure I'll wear it out now and then, but since I enjoy protective styles it doesn't feel like a punishment not to wear my hair out.

Whimsy

I voted 40-60.
I'll be in a bun or other end-protecting updo about every other day and have a wash n go on the others.

greenandchic

Closer to 80% of the time depending on weather these days (too hot, dry, etc). In the winter it will be almost all of the time.