How often do you wear protective styles?

How often do you wear protective styles?

• About 10 percent of the time

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • About 25 percent of the time

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • About half the time

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • About 75 percent the time

Votes: 12 13.3%
  • Never

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Almost always (more than 90 percent)

Votes: 61 67.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HoneyA

Goal:Hip length stretched
To get to BSL-MBL I PSed almost always. Between MBL and WL, I eased off the PS just to enjoy my length a bit more but personally I retain length an thickness quickly when I keep my hair very well moisturised and pinned up and when I practise low manipulation (i.e. very little combing and no brushing whatsoever). From WL-HL, I'll be PSing 100% of the time.

Carisa

How often do you wear protective styles in an average month? Almost daily. I will be continously protective styling until I reach my hair goals. When I reach my goal then I will protective style 50% of the time.

What are your favorite protective styles? (the ones that you think are most stylish)
I wear braids under wigs.

Vonnieluvs08

I would say almost always esp in the winter. The winter I stay in twists, with occasional curlformers and buns. The summer is about 75%-90% with chunky twist outs and WnG.

Prudent1

How often do you wear protective styles in an average month?

What are your favorite protective styles? (the ones that you think are most stylish)
I'm probably in PS about everyday of the month. My favs are 2 strand twists (b/c of versatility) and braid outs. To keep things from becoming boring, I use different hair accessories. I flat iron for special occasions, length checks, or if I just feel like it:gorgeous: but most of the times I do not wear my hair straight b/c I prefer big hair w/ texture:afro:.

lovelymissyoli

95% of the time I'm in a protective style. I've worn my hair straight for a little while, but it usually goes back into a wet bun as of late.

I love buns and ponytails and those are two of the protective styles I wear 50% of the time while cornrows are another one of my favorites that I wear the other 45% of the time when my hair isn't flat ironed.

I think I may add full-head weaves into the mix because I'd love to be able to wear my hair down without actually harming my real tresses.

chebaby

i rarely protective style. if i do i wear twists for 3 days to 5 days and then im right back to wash and goes.

RubyWoo

It really depends on my mood and the season. In the spring and summer I'm more likely to wear my hair out more often (twist out/braid out). In the fall and winter I usually protective style(weave or wig) almost all the time. However, I do take breaks to wear my hair out.

Next year once spring hits, I plan to focus on low maniuplation styles as opposed to protective styling since my hair will be longer. I know that I've been able to retain length this way in the past and I'm happiest with how I look when I wear my hair out.

My favourite protective styles are small twists, corn rows/twists combo and wigs.

GraceV

My hair is in a bun 99% of the time. Buns are my favorite PS. High, low, to the side, everything goes. I usually add hair candy to change things up. I'm so used to bunning, I get irritable when my hair is down, it just seems to be in the way of everything.

fivetimestwo

I wear wigs/half-wigs/lacefronts the majority of the time and when I'm not wearing those, I'm rocking a bun :sad:. I really don't like to protective style so I don't have a favorite look. Protective styling is more of a "necessary evil" to me because it's pretty much the only way I retain length.

nkb115

I cornrow my hair and wig it for 6 days out of the week, then take the cornrows out and wash and repeat all over again.

TLC1020

I usually wear protective styles 90% of the time.. I shampoo, deep condition and bun on Sunday before the work week and don't remove until following Sunday.. I take down excess hair to moisturize and re-bun... I only wear my hair down when relaxer is fresh ...

CB1731

I usually always wear it up in a bun. I don't know what else to do with it because I'm transitioning and it's kind of a mess right now. I just cowash, moisturize and put it up and out of the way. The times I have straightened it and wore it down, all I thought about is my ends rubbing on my clothes all day so I didn't enjoy it anyway. lol Once I get to my desired length and my hair is all natural, I will wear it out much more.

isioma85

Since January of '09, I've been protective styling with my quick weaves. I've been able to go from dusting the base of my neck to closing in on APL, and I strongly believe it's been because of low manipulation from my PS and my 1-2hr DCs :yep: