Quick Poll: How often do you wear protective styles in a typical month?

How often do you wear protective styles in a typical month?

• Less than 10% of the time

Votes: 30 12.4%
  • Ten to 30 percent of the time

Votes: 6 2.5%
  • 30 to 40 percent of the time

Votes: 7 2.9%
  • 40 to 60 percent of the time

Votes: 13 5.4%
  • 60 to 80 percent of the time

Votes: 45 18.6%
  • All or almost all the time

Votes: 141 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

vtoodler

In your average month, how often do you wear protective styles?

See corresponding poll.

Last edited:

leiah

typically i only put my hair into a bun on a bad hair day or when i don't have enough time to do it so maybe 1 or 2 days a week.

right now i'm doing it every day because of postpartum shedding

Lita

Most of the time....When the weather breaks/I have my hair in pony-tails 5-10%......
*My hair is in buns & twist up 95% of the time....

Happy Hair Growing!

ms-gg

Aka frostoppa
All the time. I might wear my hair out loose in a fro 1 day, but more than likely the whole month my hair is in twists, flat twists, braids etc....

I just don't have the patience to deal with my loose hair on a daily basis....

TruMe

I wear buns Monday-Friday and out over the weekend (most of the time, unless I am feeling lazy). Trying to get to BSL by the end of this year!

ChristmasCarol

I PS nearly all the time. I wear my hair "out" and "down" about 2-3 days/month in the winter. I wear it down a little more often in the summer.

Rae81

Not at all. I wear mostly braid outs and twist outs

Sent from my HERO200 using Long Hair Care Forum App

faithVA

I typically wear 2 strand twists or single strand twists and I usually wear a twist out a day or two before shampoo day. Last week I tried shampooing and wearing a twist out for a week for the first time. Was fun for a minute but by the weekend I was ready for it go back up so I didn't have to style it every day. I think I figured out a key for my 2 strand twists over the weekend so I may have less of an urge to wear it out.

Naturalhaven

I wear PS 100% in fall/winter with kinky twists and 1/2 wigs and in summer maybe 80% bc I let it loose if I am going out or want to show it off :grin:

mzsophisticated26

Most of the entire month with half wigs, I have not worn my own hair out since my december length check. One reason I wear protective styles so often is because I have thinning and thyroid issues and my hair has been going through some problems

chebaby

this month i have been in a bun for 3 weeks. butt this is something new.
on average i am in a ps zero % of the time.

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
99% of the time. I'm forever in a bun the only time my hair is "out" is when I'm airdrying after a wash.

Carisa

I usually ps about 90-100% of the time. I give my hair a rest for a few days before getting it rebraided in cornrows and wear wigs over that. When it gets a little longer I will probably ps about 50% of the time.

Qtee

I'm in a protective style now..I will be wearing a wig for 2 weeks or until I'm bored and miss my hair..then I wont wear a wear again for 2 months..And wigs are my only PS...although I consider my out styles PS like wng ..Its low maintenance and I dont mess with my hair everyday..its that included in the PS then I would say 80-90% during the summer and 40-50% in the winter..I also wear braidouts but they are PS cause I rebraid nightly so I'm always messing in my hair..

Bajanmum

Twists for 99% of the time. The other 1% I'm co washing, detangling, hair masking, and air drying, before I twist up again.