Product Rave: Herbal Essence Hello Hydration!!!!!!!

SignatureBeauty

This is an awesome product for very dry hair, I am a natural 3/4 and my hair is very dry and I done a Con wash last night with the Hello Hydration and my hair was so soft and smelling so good, BUT it has one CONE in it so if you don't like cones you might not like it, But it left my hair soft and I have the shampoo too, it has coconut milk & fruit enzymes in it.

But this is my staple shampoo & conditioner.

Ladies you should try it, I Love it, But don't let the cone throw you off and it isn't in the first ingredients either, I think it is in the midlle.

But try it and let me know your results. Because I have now Retired Suave Milk n Honey & Suave Citrus Smoothie and I thought I would never find anything to top those 2, well I did and I have been using M&H for 2 years LOL!!!!!!!

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
I got a sample of this and I love it too. Definitely a good conditioner. I wasn't sure if I wanted to use it for co washing, but now I'm going to try it. Thanks for the tip NappyParadise!

brooklyngal73

SteelyDan/DonaldFagenFan!
I picked this conditioner up in Target, but I just put it back on the shelf. Now reading this, I'm gonna go and buy it....

Lawd, why can't I stop my PJ-ism? :lachen:

NappyParadise said:
This is an awesome product for very dry hair, I am a natural 3/4 and my hair is very dry and I done a Con wash last night with the Hello Hydration and my hair was so soft and smelling so good, BUT it has one CONE in it so if you don't like cones you might not like it, But it left my hair soft and I have the shampoo too, it has coconut milk & fruit enzymes in it.

Ladies you should try it, I Love it, But don't let the cone throw you off and it isn't in the first ingredients either, I think it is in the midlle.

But try it and let me know your results. Because I have now Retired Suave Milk n Honey & Suave Citrus Smoothie and I thought I would never find anything to top those 2, well I did and I have been using M&H for 2 years LOL!!!!!!!

Sapphire

kinks n curls girl
I use this for my con washes and I love it! I also like the None of Your Frizzness leave-in and the Set Me Up Gel. Its on sale at kmart so I stocked up....

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
NappyParadise said:

Did you air dry after you used it and was it the last product you put in your hair before your hair dried? (meaning you didn't use any leave-ins or oils that might have added to the softness of your hair you described above)

Thanks in advance for responding. :)

Aalize

I got this and the one in the purple bottle for curls and waves. I haven't used the Hello Hydration yet tho. I also got the None of your Frizzness leave in. Herbal Essences is the truth!

MissFallon

bklynwildheart said:
I picked this conditioner up in Target, but I just put it back on the shelf. Now reading this, I'm gonna go and buy it....

Lawd, why can't I stop my PJ-ism? :lachen:

Girl who u tellin, lol I just travelled all the way to New Jersey to go to a huge Sally's to buy products I dont need.:lachen: ....and then stopped in Walmart next door to get more hair products:look:

SignatureBeauty

I didn't see the None of your frizzness leave in but I will get it next time I see it.

Supergirl I didn't use any products afterwards and my hair stayed soft with a light fragrance. I really like it alot and it is very creamy.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
NappyParadise said:
I didn't see the None of your frizzness leave in but I will get it next time I see it.

Supergirl I didn't use any products afterwards and my hair stayed soft with a light fragrance. I really like it alot and it is very creamy.

Thanks :) I've had 2 of the sample-sized bottles in my drawer for 2 weeks not, but I've been afraid to try it because the ingredients are so similiar to Pantene! (which dries my hair) So, I guess I'll give the Hello Hydration a try soon. :)

SignatureBeauty

Supergirl when you try it Post your results, I had used Pantene also and I didn't like it either but the Hydration makes my hair soft. I am really gonna have to go get that None of your frizzness!!!!!

Ms_Twana

Target had the .99 cent travel size bottles, and I remember seeing this thread, so I bought the conditioner. I tried it today, and it made my hair feel soft. Mind you, I have been on thread after thread trying to figure out why my hair feels brittle now when I wash it. And when I used this, it felt soft again. Then I used NTM DC and Giovonni Direct afterwards. And my hair felt awesome again. So, I will definitely invest in the regular size poo and conditioner.

Supergirl said:
....ingredients are so similiar to Pantene! (which dries my hair)

Supergirl, tell me a little bit about Pantene and your hair. I loved Pantene. It made my hair soft and full of bounce. But my stylist said that it was drying my hair out. (This was long before I joined here and learned different things about hair). So, I am still confused as to how it could make my hair FEEL soft, but dry it out.

P

patient1

Thanks to some RAVES on np I let myself end up in that particular aisle at Walmart. I got a big bottle of hello hydration for myself and some of the none of your frizzness shampoo along with curls and waves conditioner for my oldest daughter.

I'll get the leave-in and then I'll seriously, truly, really for sure go on a product purchase hiatus.

p1

shawniegee

New Cut for '09
I was going to try this but went to Walgreens and they only had the shampoo left. Now I really want to try it!

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Ms_Twana said:
Target had the .99 cent travel size bottles, and I remember seeing this thread, so I bought the conditioner. I tried it today, and it made my hair feel soft. Mind you, I have been on thread after thread trying to figure out why my hair feels brittle now when I wash it. And when I used this, it felt soft again. Then I used NTM DC and Giovonni Direct afterwards. And my hair felt awesome again. So, I will definitely invest in the regular size poo and conditioner.

Supergirl, tell me a little bit about Pantene and your hair. I loved Pantene. It made my hair soft and full of bounce. But my stylist said that it was drying my hair out. (This was long before I joined here and learned different things about hair). So, I am still confused as to how it could make my hair FEEL soft, but dry it out.

Pantene is very deceptive. It makes your hair feel wonderful when you put it on and just luxurious while you're rinsing it out. But the true test of a moisturizing conditioner isn't how it feels when your hair is wet, but rather how your hair feels after it's dry.

When I want to see if a conditioner is truly moisturizing, I'll use that conditioner, rinse it out and add nothing else to my hair. Then I'll air dry. If my hair feels soft and moisturized then that conditioner was truly a moisturizing conditioner. When I did this with Pantene, my hair felt just like HAY! There was a time in my life (college) when I used Pantene, but would blow dry afterwards and my hair would feel nice. But obviously, the blow dryer helped with that.

Last edited:

Ms_Twana

Okay, yeah see when I used it, I blow dried and flat-ironed afterwards. So actually, I never would have known a conditioner that actually moisturizes my hair until now. Now that I'm doing the Hide Your Hair Challenge, I just wash and do the baggie method. I haven't used heat since July 4th. Except for the front of my hair when I wore a fall. I flat-ironed twice, and on a low setting.

Our hair may have similar qualities then Soror. I may need to stalk your album. LOL!!!!:D

hopeg80

You guys really make me want to try the samples that have been sitting on my dresser for about a month now.

How does the shampoo compaire to the Old Pink Herbal Essences shampoo?

HoneyDew

The shampoo started not to work for me after the 3rd time. Too much bild up. I use a clarifying with every wash, too. Not sure why it stopped working. :confused:

mermaid

NappyParadise said:

OMG! I love the he-ZELL outta this stuff!!!:grin:
The conditioner has that nice, slimy snotty feel :)lol: I know, gross, but it means my hairs just slips, slips slips!) and I have been able to go with NO product in my hair after air drying (remember though, I wash my hair every day- I would not advise going with no product if you don't was that often- or even CW).
It even further dfined my curl pattern!!:eek:
I just can't wait until I flat iron again so I can see the result- my hair is so soft and responsive with the curl that it's gotta be mad crazy swingy when straightened!
Hmmm, now that I think about it, this stuff is tempting me to straighten and I've been trying not to flat iron since I snipped a few inches off a couple weeks ago...

mkstar826

supersonic
:love: these products. mostly for the scent and the slip of the conditioner. i dont like them more than my Suave daily moisture poo & condish but the HH is up there. Good stuff!

SignatureBeauty

I am gonna try the Totally Twisted one day but I don't want to become a PJ all over again, But when my HH is gone I will try the Totally Twisted, I have tried the None of your Frizziness Leave in and it works okay for me, But maybe it will work better when my hair gets longer. But I will use it until it is gone, but I won't buy anymore until I get longer hair LOL!!!!

mango387

Attention, Bay Area Ladies.
I went to the Mountain View Wal-Mart on Labor Day, and the Hello Hydration (12 oz.) bottles were on sale for $2.70 w/ a freebie styling product attached. This is slightly better than the 3/$10 or $2.92 that the products normally go for.

Ms_Twana

mermaid said:
I have been able to go with NO product in my hair after air drying

So have I. When I used it for the second time I didn't use anything afterwards so that I could see if it was TRULY moisturizing (shout out to Supergirl, she taught me that). Because before, I used several other products with it. This time, my hair STILL felt amazing after air drying. And it smells soo good. I kept saying to my husband, "Smell my hair. Don't it smell good?" :lachen:

Last edited: