Problems with Cold Weather Dryness? Try a Conditioning Spritz!!!

NYLegalNewbie

Now that winter is right around the corner, we're all about to deal with the same problem - DRY, DRY, DRY, DRY hair!!!!

This is my first time in YEARS having my hair out during the winter. So I was initially freaking out about it.

But not anymore :grin:

I've been using a home made recipe for a conditioning spritz found here on Motown girl - http://www.motowngirl.com/content/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=10&Itemid=12

I do tweak it a bit.

Here's what I use:

1.5 teaspoons of Suave Coconut Conditioner
0.25 teaspoons of Jojoba Oil
1 cup of warm water

I part my hair into four sections, and lightly mist each section. I follow by sealing each section with a drop of castor oil.

My hair is soooooooooo soft now!

Give it a try and see if it works for you too!!

almondjoi85

Now that winter is right around the corner, we're all about to deal with the same problem - DRY, DRY, DRY, DRY hair!!!!

This is my first time in YEARS having my hair out during the winter. So I was initially freaking out about it.

But not anymore :grin:

I've been using a home made recipe for a conditioning spritz found here on Motown girl - http://www.motowngirl.com/content/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=10&Itemid=12

I do tweak it a bit.

Here's what I use:

1.5 teaspoons of Suave Coconut Conditioner
0.25 teaspoons of Jojoba Oil
1 cup of warm water

I part my hair into four sections, and lightly mist each section. I follow by sealing each section with a drop of castor oil.

My hair is soooooooooo soft now!

Give it a try and see if it works for you too!!

Do you wear your hair straight?

NYLegalNewbie

I mostly wear protective styles - hair clipped up, bun, french twist, etc.

A lot of my hair is texlaxed, but I wear it straight.

If you use a very light mist, this will work on straight hair without causing it to frizz, especially if you wrap your hair up for a little bit (about half an hour or so) afterwards. It only takes a little bit on each section to do the trick.

MissMusic

I fully recommend Aveda Damage Control, its moisturizing, and for those with sunny winter months contains UV Protection! (I bun through the winter)

BrooklynSouth

NYLegal, sounds great........Lo and behold..the darned snap napes are back...have to remember to add a scarf daily near my nape. I think BB Castor oil will be my staple and waking up 15 minutes earlier to moisturize and add the BB for drying time. Thank goodness my little dog is patient as mommy spritzes and oils before walkies.

locabouthair

I actually don't recommend doing this as your nightly moisturizer. I use it in the morning, usually after I come home from the gym. I baggy with Phyto 9 (sealed with 2 drops of castor oil) at night.

Why not?

I am going to try it out before I leave in the morning.

Gemini350z

I basically do the same thing different ingredients, I use my Elucence MB condish, meadowfoam oil and water. It always makes my hair feel soft and manageable, especially the roots when I am stretching

Sui Topi

I've been meaning to do something like this with sweet almond oil, water, and that strawberry suave.........but I keep forgetting to pick up a spray bottle at the dollar store..

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
This is especially great for those of us who are stepping up their workout routines. I workout 5 days a week and doing this after a sweaty workout really helps!! :clapping:

cherryhair123

I've been meaning to do something like this with sweet almond oil, water, and that strawberry suave.........but I keep forgetting to pick up a spray bottle at the dollar store..

Walgreen's spray bottles crack way too easily. Does anyone know who has good spray bottles, especially for "misting"?

bablou00

Yeah I got a bottle from walgreens and a week later it slipped out of my hand and oil and water was everywhere. I didnt expect that. I just bought a spray bottle from Salleys today so hopefully that will work.

Walgreen's spray bottles crack way too easily. Does anyone know who has good spray bottles, especially for "misting"?