Don't sleep on deep conditioning dry hair...with heat!

zzirvingj

I'm SOLD! I'm looking forward to using this method on my hair in 2010 :yep:

I need to simplify my regimen so this will be a much-needed time saver for me hopefully. THANKS SARECA! :grin::drunk:

westNDNbeauty

First time seeing this thread. I've been doing this for the last few months out of laziness and found that this is so time saving and also works well. I sleep in mine. Wake up. Rinse & Style. Will never go back to conditioning after a poo as my main source of deep treating my hair.

*Muffin*

My Aubrey Organics conditioner recommends deep conditioning on dry hair before shampooing and conditioning (Basically Prepooing). Maybe I should try that.

melodies815

I didn't know this is something that is recommended. I used MT on dry hair a few weeks ago because my hair seemed to be asking for heavy protein and I was too lazy to get in the shower first (seems to be a theme....) It was GREAT!!!

Does anyone know why conditioning on dry hair works so well? *sleepy but going back to read* :yep:

cj

amber815

question for relaxed folk that rollerset and use this method:
are you DC'ing, then washing then a leave in? Or do you have a different method?
Please enlighten a sista, I am thinking of trying this out!

Supervixen

I tried this last night, and did a twist out. My hair (especially the ends) are butter soft. Here's what I did:

1. Moisture DC on dry hair with heat.
2. Rinse-poo-rinse.
3. Apply oil (EVCO and Shea Butter), a conditioning cap and a heating cap. This was roughly 10 minutes.
4. Rinse-apply conditioner-rinse.

I felt like this was much quicker than my normal process; I know I've tried it before and I think I stopped b/c I was using EVOO. I don't like that EVOO does not rinse out of my hair as easily, and I could still smell it (and I don't like the smell).

Overall, I think this technique is a time-saver. Thanks Sareca.

LushLox

I DC on dry hair with my steamer, and it saves me so much time. I love this method, and I will never go back to DCing on wet hair. My hair is doing really well after a setback, and I think part of the reason is this method.

I was wondering if anyone uses a steamer for this method. Do you spritz some water in your hair first or do you just apply the condish and go straight under the steamer? Very intrigued as to how this would work.

God's Anointed

Hmm, this will be a great method for the winter. It gets so cold in my apt and i hate getting out the shower just to go back in so i will be trying this on the colder days. Thanks Sareca :grin::grin::grin: !!!

Bnster

Maybe this is why my hair still feels so wonderful almost a week since my last wash. I did a dc on dry hair with ORS Mayonnaise and Alma Oil mixture. Sat under a steam cap for over an 1hr 1/2, then rinsed out applied my Aveda Conditioner for dry damage hair.
Maybe I did too much after. I then added EQss Cream Conditioner and condition under a plastic cap for @ 1hr 1/2, rinsed and added porosity control then ACV rinse.

My hair is nice and soft now. I will try a simple method next time, but with the same concept of doing a dry dc. It would be nice not to jump in and out of the shower

NIN4eva

I did it a few days ago with Nexxus Humectress, Honey, EVOO and Aussie Moist warmed in the microwave. Left it on for about an hour. Shampooed, used Aphogee 2min, conditioned with Silicon Mix and Roux PC. Used diluted-Humectress, Jane Caster N&S and Argan Oil as leave-ins. Air dried. My hair is like butter.

Last edited:

yodie

I prefer dc'ing on dry hair, but I use scurl during the week. Afraid the dc won't penetrate.

beautyaddict1913

I know, I know, conditioning dry hair isn't new but if you haven't tried it with heat you're missing out!

I know what ya'll thinking... first I'm putting oil on my hair after I poo (oil rinse) and now I'm deep conditioning dry hair with heat. All I can say is try it. The first time I did it, I was just feelin' lazy and didn't want to oil rinse first. So instead I put my favorite moisturizing conditioner (aveda) on my dry hair, put a cap on it, and got under the dryer. Sounds like it wouldn't do a thing, but it was amazing. It worked much better than conditioning wet hair even overnight.

I didn't do anything special to my hair first. It was in a dry bun. I took it down, put a silver dollar sized amount of condish on, put a bag over it, and sat under the dryer for 10-15 minutes (less time than usual) then rinsed. I followed with an oil rinse using the same conditioner again just to help me get some of the oil out... and tada magic! It's the same effect I usually get magnified by 10! Not only is it less time under the dryer, but it's less manipulation, you don't have to get in and out of the shower and it works BETTER than dc'g on wet hair and WAY better than dc'g dry hair without heat.

lol Im slow, I thought this was literally going to be about dont go to sleep with your dry hair under a heatcap lol...I was like duuh:lachen:
so how did you do it? you washed your hair the day before, let it dry, then did the dc the next day? i need help understanding!

thehairmaverick

hmmm...the AO conditioners actually give this recommendation (DC before poo)...why have I never given this a shot?:perplexed I will try this next for my next DC...

lol Im slow, I thought this was literally going to be about dont go to sleep with your dry hair under a heatcap lol...I was like duuh:lachen:
so how did you do it? you washed your hair the day before, let it dry, then did the dc the next day? i need help understanding!
ooh me...whew...thought I was the only one gurl...:blush:sooo glad i'm NOT..hehehehehehee

gvin89

@thehairmaverick - I read those AO instructions and thought the same thing...why didn't I do this before. I mixed GPB & HSR and believe me when I tell you it was absolutely the best that my hair has turned out.

@beautyaddict1913 - you actually put the conditioner on your dry hair without washing first and then put the plastic bag on...heat or no heat (your choice) and then proceed with shampooing & conditioning again (if you wish)

Nice Lady

You made me remember about dry hair conditioning and how wonderful it is--I guess I will be up for the challenge next time.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
First of all, BUMP!!!!

Sareca

During the week I get a substantial amount of product build up. I put oils, butters, and Longaid activator gel throughtout the week.

I was wondering with all the above build up, will my hair still benefit from deep conditioning on dry on DIRTY hair?
Did anyone ever figure out if this could be done on hair hair a week's worth of moisturizing/sealing? (sareca, do you know? I recall you mentioning you don't use a lot of product, but thought I'd ask)

I was wondering if anyone uses a steamer for this method. Do you spritz some water in your hair first or do you just apply the condish and go straight under the steamer? Very intrigued as to how this would work.
Did you try it dry or lightly spritzed? I have a steamer and will definitely give it a try as I'm tired of getting in/out of the shower.

JJamiah

First of all, BUMP!!!!

Did anyone ever figure out if this could be done on hair hair a week's worth of moisturizing/sealing? (@sareca, do you know? I recall you mentioning you don't use a lot of product, but thought I'd ask)

Did you try it dry or lightly spritzed? I have a steamer and will definitely give it a try as I'm tired of getting in/out of the shower.

I don't DC on Dry hair but after I wash I do towel dry really well and add lots of conditioner from root to tip. It comes out awesome :)

*closer*2*my*dreams*

DC'ing on dry hair conditions my hair BETTER than DC'ing after shampooing. I love the results, the shine, the manageability, the moisture, it's amazing...

kupenda

Ok. I've got dryness and frizz galore so I decided to try this on my hair. I'm literally under the dryer right now with hairvedas sitrinillah dc mixed with a tad of jojoba oil, a few sprays of protective mist bodifier and a but of aloe vera gel. I reallllyyy hope this works *fingers crossed*

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Ok sooo I fell asleep after coming out from under the dryer cuz I was too lazy to wash it out. But the results were amazing :). My hair is softer and there's very little frizz. It's easier to work thru my ng as well. I used a lot if conditioner. Gotta get a few more to stack up :) very nice results. I'll do this more often. Thanks!

billyne

i tried this last weekend and my hair feels so good! i will most definitely be doing this all the time now.