Don't sleep on deep conditioning dry hair...with heat!

sareca

Are some of you not shampooing or otherwise washing out the conditioner? Just rinsing?

Sorry MissT didn't see you there. I usually just cowash, but when it's time to poo I do it after rinsing the conditioner.

Last edited:

gelati

I tried this yesterday and I love it!!!! My hair was a dry mess because I'm 10 weeks post and I've been wearing wash~gos. So yesterday I wanted my hair to be cute for my nephew's birthday party. I put some Silicon Mix in my dry hair and put on my conditioner heat cap for 30 minutes. I rinsed my hair out and my hair was like butter!!!! I was so happy, it was so easy to comb out my hair.:grin:

Thanks Sareca!!!!:look:

Windsy

I read this whole thread and what I'm understanding is that..

put conditioner on dry hair, put on a plastic cap, towel and sit under the dryer for about 20-30 minutes.

next, you poo and then condition again.

Questions:

1. How long do the condition after the poo is suppose to stay on your hair?
2. What step would you incorporate Oil Rinse in the above?
3. How does Oil rinse affect relaxed hair?

TIA

sareca

put conditioner on dry hair, put on a plastic cap, towel and sit under the dryer for about 20-30 minutes.

Questions:

TIA

1. As long as you want, but I only do a few minutes (2-4 minutes).
2. I DC dry hair w/ heat, rinse, (poo if desired), apply oil, rinse with warm water, apply conditioner, rinse with cool water.
3. Seems like folks that airdry have better success than folks that rollerset. It also seems that naturals and texlaxers have better curl definition from oil rinses.

HTH

MsAngie

I did a heavy protein treatment and I had a little breakage afterward. I tried this and it worked like a charm! Thanks Sareca! You're the best! :bighug:

Windsy

2. I DC dry hair w/ heat, rinse, (poo if desired), apply oil, rinse with warm water, apply conditioner, rinse with cool water.
3. Seems like folks that airdry have better success than folks that rollerset. It also seems that naturals and texlaxers have better curl definition from oil rinses.

HTH

Thanks Sareca,

I actually tried this today after and my hair was very soft and I didn't loose hair like I used to. I am doing a rollerset (letting it dry overnight) from feeling the texture as it is drying, i can tell it is a winner. Thanks.

sareca

@ Angie, CDW and dreamer, glad it's working for ya'll. I just finished doing mine with Aveda brilliant and I keep petting my head. It's so soft.

@ SP, let us know how it goes.

Shaley

Has anyone tried this after exercising the day before?

I normally exercise on Fridays and wanted to try this Saturday morning.

I was wondering if it's bad to do this seeing that my hair is dry but there is probably still sweat in it from the day before.... They say sweat is bad for the hair...

Any thoughts?

Leslie_C

Has anyone tried this after exercising the day before?

I normally exercise on Fridays and wanted to try this Saturday morning.

I was wondering if it's bad to do this seeing that my hair is dry but there is probably still sweat in it from the day before.... They say sweat is bad for the hair...

Any thoughts?

I dont think it would be bad because a lot of people who work out a lot still dont wash/condition any more than usual (maybe 1-2 times a week). I usually go in the sauna after I workout and I plan on starting to deep condition my dry hair while Im in there. It definitely beats me going in there and sitting with naked hair because that is drying by itself. Im gonna use whatever conditioner, a plastic cap, and a moist towel on my head for 20 to 30 minutes. Then Ill shower and wash it or Ill just go home and finish my routine because I live right down the street. Of course Id take the shower cap and towel off first :lachen:

mkstar826

supersonic
i have to try this. I think I may have put condish on dry hair before but not w/ a cap and heat. I gotta try the oil rinse too...

sareca

I'm guessing people say sweat is bad because it's salty and can be drying, but I've DC'd my sweaty hair without consequence.

FindingMe

thanks for posting:grin:...that in and out of the shower discourages me a lot of times from DCing the way I should...how did I not know this? I use OJON Res Treat every week....:rolleyes: THanks again!!!:yep:

Natural-K

Questions:

TIA

HTH

Thanks for breaking it down cause I didn't have time to read the whole thread. I'm gonna give this a try this weekend.

SelfStyled

I have been doing this for years now. It is essential to my hair.
I have been doing this for the past month, and I have noticed a big change, but then you know how you over analyze stuff?

I started to think I am doing more harm than good DC'ing on dry hair with a weeks worth of product in my hair.

Your hair is gorgeous- it seems like it has served you well:yep:

Lucky's Mom

I have been doing this for the past month, and I have noticed a big change, but then you know how you over analyze stuff?

I started to think I am doing more harm than good DC'ing on dry hair with a weeks worth of product in my hair.

Your hair is gorgeous- it seems like it has served you well:yep:

Thanks! It has been a life and hair saver!

Mahalialee4

Totally on the money, Sareca. :yep: I use this method most often with protein treatments. My hair just sucks it up when it's dry, so I get a much more effective treatment. I can really feel the effects! I honestly haven't noticed as much as a difference with moisturizing conditioners, but deep protein conditioners...wow! Even the cheapies work well. :)

I totally agree. It does work beautifully. With or without heat. And without getting in and out of a shower. Life really needs to be simplified! I try to 'uncomplicate' my regime as much as possible. I do this with LeKair Cholesterol as well.

sharifeh

I did this yesterday with silicon mix !! It definitely seems like a winner! I hate jumping in and out of the shower.

Jalen's Mom

I DC on dry hair with my steamer, and it saves me so much time. I love this method, and I will never go back to DCing on wet hair. My hair is doing really well after a setback, and I think part of the reason is this method.

sparklebh

This is the only way I DC and my hair loves it. Dry is the way to go and it's so much of a time saver. I also do my protein dc on dry hair.