Post Your Maxiglide Hair Pics Here

wavezncurlz

LHCF addict
It shouldn't be any harder than doing your daughter's hair. Believe me, I always hated straightening my hair; the last two times I did it before getting the Maxiglide I wasted 5-6 hours each time. But using the Maxiglide is too easy; the second time I tried it, it only took me a little over an hour on air-dried hair - completely unheard of for me! If I weren't so afraid heat damage, I would probably use it quite regularly.

How long does it take to air-dry your hair? Mine takes all day-LOL. I hate blowdrying too. I will give it a whirl though. I do like the shine you get after you finish with the maxiglide.

yamilee21

How long does it take to air-dry your hair? Mine takes all day-LOL. I hate blowdrying too. ...

Mine takes all day to air dry too, and I also hate blow-drying. What I did was wash in the evening and dried over-night. I put it in 15-20 twists and a hair net, so it was mostly dry after about 10-12 hours. Then it only took 60-90 minutes to do the Maxiglide, using each half of the twists as my sections.

wavezncurlz

LHCF addict
Mine takes all day to air dry too, and I also hate blow-drying. What I did was wash in the evening and dried over-night. I put it in 15-20 twists and a hair net, so it was mostly dry after about 10-12 hours. Then it only took 60-90 minutes to do the Maxiglide, using each half of the twists as my sections.

Overnight seems like a plan. Good idea.

Anew

sylver2 used/uses this iron in the past with great results and she's relaxed

also babygurl, she no longer posts but she used this iron and is texlaxed. not sure if she still does, but they both have pics in their fotkis with results

levone

I recently purchased this based on the discount thread for the $20 off. Anyhow, I haven't straightened in a few years now, but I tried it out on two of my nieces yesterday as their mom wanted their hair flat ironed.

First off, I was scared to use the thing based on some reviews on this site (too bulky, will pull your hair out). I watched the DVD that came with it and can I tell you that thing is the business! I hate I didn't take pictures of their hair, ugh, but the next time I do it for them I will and post them. They have thick coarse, dark hair, I guess 4a/4b, I love their hair. It turned out so pretty, but what got me is the 'feel' of the hair, it was so silky and 'light'. I did use the plate with the pins and the steam feature. I didn't have any problems either since I followed the instructions...I definitely had to take small sections of their hair since it is so thick. I also blowdried them both first (their mom washed and deep conditioned and braided to airdry).

I will definitely treat myself when I don't plan on working out for a week or so. It's pointless now because I sweat in my head when I work out.

SelahOco

It got very straight. I used 6 for heat. I was so impressed. I didn't use the comb attachment tho b/c i air dried and my hair would have snapped out.

Last edited:

MsLizziA

It got very straight. I used 6 for heat. I was so impressed. I didn't use the comb attachment tho b/c i air dried and my hair would have snapped out.
OMG! I AM SO glad i came in this thread because i was trying to figure out for the longest what that extra thing was for. It didn't even dawn on me that it was a plate! I just fell deeper in love with this flat iron

RoseGolden

My 2009 siggy pic is from a Maxiglide on 4a natural hair.

ETA: Oh, forgot to add a before pic.

Attachments

• 2010-01-13 21.15.16.jpg
    2010-01-13 21.15.16.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 57
  • 2009-06-12 19.58.05.jpg
    2009-06-12 19.58.05.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:

yora88

My straightened hair using the MaxiGlide

Attachments

• Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 48
  • Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG01130.jpg
    IMG01130.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:

Newbie2Beauty

Alright ya'll I just stumbled on this old thread and I am drooling over the Maxiglide's results. This is amazing. UUUGGHHH I hate this board!! :grin: Now I am going to have to spend more money. But before I go I thought I would bump this thread and get those who have not seen it out there buying it with me!! :giggle: Whaaaat....if I have to suffer ya'll have to suffer too. Grab your purses ladies! :bump: