Post Your Maxiglide Hair Pics Here

Eclass215

So all you ladies pics (and the fact that I broke my Chi :sad:) made me break out my maxiglide and dust it off. I did my hair today - here are the results.

Blow dried

Halfway done

All done!

I'm not mad at it at all! Glad I had it since I accidentally broke my Chi.

Vintageglam

* looks at all the wonderful pictures and wonders when the Maxiglide will be available in the UK* :rolleyes:

Thanks for the beautiful pics ladies. You all have beautiful hair maxiglided ot not !:grin:

lusciousladie07

Ok Ladies.. I know that im extremely late on posting pics...(especially since i started this thread) but here they are:

Blowdried: (Need to work on my technique a bit)

Maxiglided:

Last edited:

PJaye

For the past 5 or so years, I only straightened 2-4 each year, for the same reasons you said - hours of torture that wouldn't last long enough to get a good picture. I watched the Maxiglide infomercial for years, came close to ordering it a few times, but was always too skeptical to believe that it would actually work on my hair. The many beautiful pictures here finally convinced me that it was worth trying, and that HSN deal was too good to pass up. As I mentioned above, I have only used it once so far, but I was amazed at how easy it was to use and how well it worked. Combined with the Sabino Moisture Block (which is the same formula as The End Shine Enhancer that comes with the Maxiglide if you get the package deal), my hair lasted without touching up for almost five days... despite humidity and my having two days of fever from a bad cold. That has never happened for me, ever, not even when I was relaxed. I think it is worth trying; if it doesn't work, eh, you can always sell it... but if it does work, you will be very happy indeed. :)

Thank you so much for your input, it is greatly appreciated. I think I will buy one (the packaged set) and give it a try. Nothing ventured, nothing gained right?

lusciousladie07

:lick: Brava!!!

what level was your heat setting on the maxiglide?

It was set to level 10.. This is my 3rd time trying it..First time it was on level 6 and my hair slapped me for being ignant with it:lachen::lachen::lachen:...2nd time I tried 8 and it got straighter but not as much as I like... so i went for the gusto and love it.. I used TONS of heat protectant tho and only one pass...

You all are seriously making me consider purchasing the Maxiglide.....I haven't even used the Sedu that I got off fo the swap board yet.....:(

I have the sedu.... its a great flat iron. It straightens the length of my hair but strangely not my Henna'd ends.. I will never try henna again:wallbash::wallbash: I did it right after my bc and now those ends are super dry, hard to condition, and hard to straighten...My MaxiGirl (thats her name now) has been the only one to tame them..lol:lachen:

zenith

It was set to level 10.. This is my 3rd time trying it..First time it was on level 6 and my hair slapped me for being ignant with it:lachen::lachen::lachen:...2nd time I tried 8 and it got straighter but not as much as I like... so i went for the gusto and love it.. I used TONS of heat protectant tho and only one pass...

Thank you. I will fire up that maxiglide, griddle style come thursday...

fattyfatfat

quick question ladies. when you are using your maxiglide, do you use the detangling plate or do you switch it to the flat plate?

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
^^I've never used my flat plates ever. Those teeth are what make the maxiglide work it's magic, lol. Really, once you use the teeth you'll never even think about the flat plates.

RosesBlack

I'm subscribing to this thread. I am SO getting myself a Maxiglide. I was hemming and hawing about it now I know I want one.

fattyfatfat

thank you. I'll use the detangling plate next week. I used the flat plates yesterday and I didnt get the same results that you ladies get.

^^I've never used my flat plates ever. Those teeth are what make the maxiglide work it's magic, lol. Really, once you use the teeth you'll never even think about the flat plates.

Renewed1

I received my maxi-glide a few days ago....I can't wait to break that thing out!! I'm going to do my hair tonight....after I DC of course.

Renewed1

I am a natural 4b. I washed my hair a few days ago; but I was too lazy to wash my hair again. So I just flat iron my hair with all the products in it.....no smoke and no damage.

I love the maxiglide!

Before

After

QueenLexy

I got my maxiglide today. I flat iron a piece of my hair and it came out silky straight without any products.

ChristmasCarol

I finally got around to using my Maxiglide and these are the results on my transitioning (8 months) hair:

And of course, the obligatory "swang shots":

I LOVE this flatiron. My FHI may have to retire!

msdeevee

I'm having a hard time posting pics with my new Mac but I have a pic of my 4b
natural hair maxiglided in my profile pic.

I have a GHD , and 2 other flat irons bought from Marshall's but I think I love the Maxi glide the best.

ChristmasCarol

I'm having a hard time posting pics with my new Mac but I have a pic of my 4b
natural hair maxiglided in my profile pic.

I have a GHD , and 2 other flat irons bought from Marshall's but I think I love the Maxi glide the best.

Your hair looks great! It looks so thick and luscious. :yep:

wavezncurlz

LHCF addict
finally used it...on my daughter. I don't have the patience to do mine yet.

Here is a couple of pictures of her natural texture (I didn't take a picture before):

Here is maxiglide pics (I kept it in ponytails because I thought all out was too grown for a 4 year old):

I like it. It was very easy to use. Her hair straightened very easily.

andromeda

I finally got around to using my Maxiglide and these are the results on my transitioning (8 months) hair:

And of course, the obligatory "swang shots":

I LOVE this flatiron. My FHI may have to retire!
Great results! Love the swang.:yep: I'm about 9 mos into my transition, I wish my hair's thickness was as even as yours.:sad: My wispy ends have made me give up almost all hope of having swang but I still look forward to trying out my Maxiglide in the near future.

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I could never get my to look right by using the teeth. I could use the flat iron part, but it was really too bulky for me to use.:sad:

TaraDyan

Natural again ... this time for good!
I bought a Maxiglide in December but decided to wait until this month to use it. I haven't straightened my own hair in a while because I usually get it done at the salon. However, the Maxiglide has really given me the confidence to start straightening my hair myself again. I found it very easy to work with and the steam makes all the difference in the world IMHO.

I clarified my hair and did a protein treatment with Nexxus Emergencee, then followed that up with Kenra MC as my deep conditioner. I used a little of the Beyond Straight leave-in and the shine serum that came in the Maxiglide kit. I put 12 Curlformers in my hair and airdried it overnight. Then I Maxiglided my hair with the steam on Level 5. Here are my results:

Hair right after washing:

Hair after I took out the Curlformers the next day:

Maxiglided hair: two passes (one with steam, one without):

Second day hair:

Third day hair:

I think my hair came out pretty straight, but it probably would have been even straighter had I blown it dry instead of letting it air dry. I used coconut oil on it daily to lubricate my strands.

Last edited:

Bachelorette

Im thinking of getting a of maxiglide but from what i see on this thread. It's like it's more for naturals? (they seem to love/use it more)?

blksndrlla

I am shipping mine back today :-(.... It just didn't do it for me. I mean...my hair got straight and all, but it didn't have the silkiness i normally get... Probably b/c I didn't blow dry...

I tried it twice and I'm just going back to old faithful.

yamilee21

... I don't have the patience to do mine yet. ...

It shouldn't be any harder than doing your daughter's hair. Believe me, I always hated straightening my hair; the last two times I did it before getting the Maxiglide I wasted 5-6 hours each time. But using the Maxiglide is too easy; the second time I tried it, it only took me a little over an hour on air-dried hair - completely unheard of for me! If I weren't so afraid heat damage, I would probably use it quite regularly.

http://public.fotki.com/BabygurlNC/maxiglide/ are my Maxiglide before and after pics

Very nice!