MaxiGlide VS Chi Review

s_terry

Been drinkling a little. You have been warned.:lol:

Hair:
Finally Full Brastrap length (middle to below bra strap)! Yeah!!:) :)
Texulaxed about 45-50%

Finaly was able to get silky straight results with Maxiglide under the following conditions:

Maxiglide Flat Iron
Shampoo and Conditioner ( Salerm 21 Wheat Germ and Alter Ego mix of coconut and Garlic conditioner.
-Applied Salerm 21 leave in conditioner mixed with Lacio Lacio when wet and a bit of chi silk infusion.
-Rollerset and airdry overnight
-When dry added Chi Silk Infusin, and believe it or not Luster Silks Pink Glosser. Noted when investigating contains quite a bit of Mineral Oil (contains Isoparaffain and Normal paraffin ie mineral oil as the first and second ingredient before the oils of shea and other good ones. :( I try and stay away from Mineral oil, but must admit this finally had a glossy, shiny finish on my tex-ed hair.

Used the Maxiglide without the teeth and steam burst on setting of 3. Based on prior experience noted that hair sizzled when using the steam burst and snagged when using the combs. Had broken hairs when using the teeth attachment, may or maynot have been due to lack of technique.
-Hair actually felt heavy, but was glossy and pretty. Not matted or stuck together, I could feel the weight of the thickness.

Chi Flat Iron:

-First time using the Chi and conditions where slightly different ingedients, will use same techniques as above to do a real comparison and will post here later.
-Results: dissappointing puffy poofy hair with little shine
-Process: Henna in hair because shampooed couple of days before. Had natural oil combo coating the hair that I created.

-No shampoo but did conditon, used parachute coconut oil
and cocunut conditioner in the hopes of softening the henna results. Came out very reasonably comfortable with little or no shedding, breaking.
-Used same combo as above for leave ins plus spritz with created concoction of silk amino acids, distilled water and wheat protien ( hair was lightly spritized) then other leave in added as above
-Airdry in rollerset (same as above)
-Flat Ironed with same flat ironing ingredients (chi silk and Pink glossifier)
-Results: I ain't happy. Hair is soft and nice to touch. Roots nappy, hair not silky anywhere, roots standing on end and no glossy shine.
- Even though the products used was different, still expected more from the Chi iron.

maxiglide is getting it hands down.

Will update when replicate the ingredients when using the Chi in a couple of weeks.

Last edited:

hottopic

Thank you for this review..... My mom just bought me the CHI on Sunday....I just used Maxiglide on Saturday. I wish I used the chi because I know Maxiglide is the bomb. I still will try the chi, but I would hate for my mom to have spent her money for nothing.