Post Your Maxiglide Hair Pics Here

NorthernCalGal

Saving my spot. Pkg arrived and will get a test run this weekend. Stay tuned, I can't wait to try it out. I can't decide whether I will use it with my new thermasmooth system that UPS just delivered or the shampoo & conditioner that came with the set. Decisions..decisions...

MrsHdrLe

I still do the chase method with the smooth plates b/c less hair snags in the teeth for me, it gives me a little more control over how much hair I lose in the weekly wash process. (Tryin' to hold on to every stand I have)

Whimsy

I still do the chase method with the smooth plates b/c less hair snags in the teeth for me, it gives me a little more control over how much hair I lose in the weekly wash process. (Tryin' to hold on to every stand I have)

Do you detangle in the shower?
Do you comb thru before you maxi w/ the teeth?
Do you use small sections w/ the maxi?

When I don't detangle well before braiding up my hair, i will hit a snag. When that happens I just open up and try again after combing thru w/ my widetooth comb.

sunbubbles

YAY!!! I just got mine! Yall shoulda seen me ripping open that box like a crazy lady in my office! Papers flying everywhere, LOL! I plan on tryin mine out in a couple weeks for an event! Ill post then! woo hoo!

lusciousladie07

YAY!!! I just got mine! Yall shoulda seen me ripping open that box like a crazy lady in my office! Papers flying everywhere, LOL! I plan on tryin mine out in a couple weeks for an event! Ill post then! woo hoo!

GIRL!!!!! I got mine today too!! I was SOOOOOO excited. But I cant wait a few weeks, im trying it out tonight.....

**Off to watch dvd*** Will post pics tonight.

Pray for me ya'll!!!:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

txcurly10

I got mine on Friday, and here are my results. I don't have a before pic, but I will include a pic of it blown dry before I used the Maxiglide. I am transitioning to natural, by the way.

I am in love with my Maxiglide!!

The first pic is blown dry, second is after its done, and third is a close up.

Attachments

• IMG_1499-1.jpg
    IMG_1499-1.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_1505-1.jpg
    IMG_1505-1.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_1508.jpg
    IMG_1508.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 93

MochaEyeCandy

I used my maxiglide xp for the first time. I did everything right. I bought distilled water, I used it on 7, pre-moistened the ends...and it still laughed at me :lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen: I think I need to make smaller sections. I ended up slathering it in coconut oil, and putting it in bantu knots for the night. God only knows what my hair is up too now...

Attachments

• IMG_1145-vi.jpg
    IMG_1145-vi.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_1146-vi.jpg
    IMG_1146-vi.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_1151-vi.jpg
    IMG_1151-vi.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_1149-vi.jpg
    IMG_1149-vi.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_1154-vi.jpg
    IMG_1154-vi.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:

Fhrizzball

I used my maxiglide xp for the first time. I did everything right. I bought distilled water, I used it on 7, pre-moistened the ends...and it still laughed at me :lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen: I think I need to make smaller sections. I ended up slathering it in coconut oil, and putting it in bantu knots for the night. God only knows what my hair is up too now...

What setting did you have it on? It still looks nice though. Is the xp not to hard to handle for you?

MochaEyeCandy

What setting did you have it on? It still looks nice though. Is the xp not to hard to handle for you?
I had it on 7. It probably didn't help that I spent an hour washing dishes afterward, so it got steamed again. The xp is heavy, and cumbersome it takes some getting use to. And that's coming from someone with giant man hands. :lachen:

Fhrizzball

I had it on 7. It probably didn't help that I spent an hour washing dishes afterward, so it got steamed again. The xp is heavy, and cumbersome it takes some getting use to. And that's coming from someone with giant man hands. :lachen:
Do you think the steam function sped up reversion for you? I hear the seran wrap method helps to flatten and smooth the hair some so maybe you can give that a try.

AllieCat0817

Yeah whenever I am home and in the kitchen my hair is wrapped up in two silk scarves...

locabouthair

I love how thick your hair is!

BlackMasterPiece

:rofl::lachen:You prolly have hair like me and my moms. I tried to use it on a 5 on my moms hair small sections steam and all and her coils jumped up smacked me and asked me if I was stupid:lachen: So I quickly learned an 8-9 setting does the trick for our hair:yep: I keep it to eight on my hair to be conservative. But for my mom....9 all the way this is how her hair came out with the setting on 8-9 she loved it:love2:

beans4reezy you should check out the HSN thread:yep:

NorthernCalGal

Tried my maxiglide and it just didn't work out for me. I'm thinking I need to get a better hair dryer. The maxiglide teeth were pulling out my hair. I was scared that if I kept doing it, I would be bald. I stopped about 1/4 into my head and used my regular flat iron. I think before maxigliding, I have to really blow dry my hair (especially that new growth) super straight. My current blow dryer just didn't do the job well. Back to the drawing board for me.....

Tamrin

unapologetic
^^^^^Did you watch the instructional dvd? You cannot press down on it. I did not blow dry my hair. However I did detangle properly and applied chi silk infusion and braided my hair loosely overnight to loosen my hair. I had not such issue and I'm now 21 weeks post relaxer.

NorthernCalGal

^^^^^Did you watch the instructional dvd? You cannot press down on it. I did not blow dry my hair. However I did detangle properly and applied chi silk infusion and braided my hair loosely overnight to loosen my hair. I had not such issue and I'm now 21 weeks post relaxer.

I watched the dvd and in my head I wasn't pressing down, but maybe I was. Guess it's a hard habit for me to break. I'm going to try it one more time. I can atest that my detangling job was not good. I'm really having a hard time with this NG. I contemplated all weekend just throwing in the towel and relaxing.

NappiShawti

cant remember if i posted in here or not but my maxiglide results are in my siggy & there are more pics in my album... :)

yamilee21

This was my very first time using the MaxiGlide, the first time I ever used any kind of flat iron, and only the second time I straightened this year. Here are my pictures... Day 1, Day 2, Day 4 and Day 5.

I was a little scared at how straight and limp it was on the first day, but it got fuller-looking as the days progressed. I only oiled the edges and ends; haven't quite figured out what to use to moisturize that would not cause instant reversion. The edges reverted somewhat by day 5, and I had some frizz, though nothing near what I normally get when I straighten. I used the MaxiGlide at 5, but I think I might need to raise the temperature a bit for the edges. I'm ready to go back to my curls and coils today, but I might use it again for Christmas.

PJaye

I am WENing tonight and will Maxiglide tomorrow on air dried hair. Saving myself a spot.

ETA:

Before and After:

I dont mean to go off topic but I am sitting here with my mouth open (literally) as I read this thread and see everyone's fabulous pics, particularly yours cutenss because the "before" pic of your hair seems resemble mine.

I haven't worn my hair straight in *muffled* years because I got tired of being tortured in Dominican salons only to wind up looking like a bootleg Jill Scott an hour later. So, I tried to straighten it last December using an In-Styler (I have two of those Nazi torture machines gathering dust in my closet), and all that did was turn me into a dollar store India Arie. If I could get my hair to straighten somewhat using this Maxiglide thingy, I would be one happy clam. But, I'm skurred...intrigued but skurred nonetheless.

I want to try this so badly because I'm getting tired of having continuously wet/damp hair, but nothing has ever made my hair even remotely straight, forget about having some shine to it.

Ladies, I humbly ask for your input...what should I do and how should I do it? :spinning:

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
I agree....you don't have to press down all the way with the maxiglide like you do with other flat irons. If you do it will probably not glide as smooth.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
I've been using and raving about the maxiglide for at least 5 years now. Nobody understood the power and now yall see, lol.

Here's some pics from me. I don't flat iron my hair bone straight but the maxi can definitely do that.

Attachments

• Sabino4thday002-vi.jpg
    Sabino4thday002-vi.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 95
  • Sabino4thday008-vi.jpg
    Sabino4thday008-vi.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 84
  • January2009022-vi.jpg
    January2009022-vi.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 88
  • comic-vi.jpg
    comic-vi.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 84
  • Curlistocurls010-vi.jpg
    Curlistocurls010-vi.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 86

yamilee21

... I haven't worn my hair straight in *muffled* years because I got tired of being tortured in Dominican salons only to wind up looking like a bootleg Jill Scott an hour later. ... If I could get my hair to straighten somewhat using this Maxiglide thingy, I would be one happy clam. ...
I want to try this so badly because I'm getting tired of having continuously wet/damp hair, but nothing has ever made my hair even remotely straight, forget about having some shine to it.

Ladies, I humbly ask for your input...what should I do and how should I do it? :spinning:

For the past 5 or so years, I only straightened 2-4 each year, for the same reasons you said - hours of torture that wouldn't last long enough to get a good picture. I watched the Maxiglide infomercial for years, came close to ordering it a few times, but was always too skeptical to believe that it would actually work on my hair. The many beautiful pictures here finally convinced me that it was worth trying, and that HSN deal was too good to pass up. As I mentioned above, I have only used it once so far, but I was amazed at how easy it was to use and how well it worked. Combined with the Sabino Moisture Block (which is the same formula as The End Shine Enhancer that comes with the Maxiglide if you get the package deal), my hair lasted without touching up for almost five days... despite humidity and my having two days of fever from a bad cold. That has never happened for me, ever, not even when I was relaxed. I think it is worth trying; if it doesn't work, eh, you can always sell it... but if it does work, you will be very happy indeed. :)

Honey Bee

I got it a while ago, but I've been distracted with family stuff, sigh, but I'm very excited to use it for my end-of-December length check. My hair either grew a lot or thickened up, but I can't tell yet. I just know I had a ridiculous amount of new growth and my scalp was itching like crazy, so something was going on.