Pics of 4a/b wash-n-go's

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing

To combat the drippies, I recently discovered plopping with a T-Shirt. I used to just scrunch with a microfiber towel to get rid of water, but a few days ago, I tried wrapping my hair in a t-shirt after applying products to soaking wet hair. WOW!!!!!! I :love: this method. I know that my hair will never be completely frizz-free, but this t-shirt plopping method is a GREAT way to get rid of the majority of moisture in my hair without causing even more frizz.

Oh yeah, the pics I posted were taken over a week ago. I didn't start doing the t-shirt thing until I got home a few days ago.

Last edited:

glamazon386

To combat the drippies, I recently discovered plopping with a T-Shirt. I used to just scrunch with a microfiber towel to get rid of water, but a few days ago, I tried wrapping my hair in a t-shirt after applying products to soaking wet hair. WOW!!!!!! I :love: this method. I know that my hair will never be completely frizz-free, but this t-shirt plopping method is a GREAT way to get rid of the majority of moisture in my hair without causing even more frizz.

Oh yeah, the pics I posted were taken over a week ago. I didn't start doing the t-shirt thing until I got home a few days ago.

WOW! Your hair has grown a lot! It looks great :)

Evolving78

I don't really have many up close pics of my wash n go's, but here is a recent one. Usually with mine I either rock a headband or a long scarf which is the case in this picture. Very summery and I love the look with hoop earrings and my shades...

Found an old one:

I love your hair like that! That one with the headband is so cute. Do you wear that style often?

Je Ne Sais Quoi

I love your hair like that! That one with the headband is so cute. Do you wear that style often?

Thanks :blush:. Girl i have so many scarves, but for me they are a must. Yes, i wear my hair this way a lot, especially while it is hot. It's perfect! Make sure you throw on your hoops for a real earthy/crunchy feel! And don't forget a lil makeup.

I think i need some more scarves and headbands :look: :lachen:

Jetblackhair

Great thread. I still have never really styled my natural hair as I have been keeping it in plaits under my half wig. I really enjoyed seeing everyone's beautiful wash-n-go's.:gorgeous:. And Turnergirl thanks for your how-to.:yep:

foxxymami

I :love: this thread! Everyone's hair looks lovely :grin:.

Here's one of mine although my wash-n-go is still pretty short:

Attachments

• wng.jpg
    wng.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 82

zzirvingj

Turnergirl inspired me to try a wash-n-go on my hair!! You can check out pics of it here in my fotki:

http://public.fotki.com/shortiedowop/hair_album/that_was_then/latest-pics/

I am going to attempt to attach pics to this message. But just in case it doesn't work you can just click on the fotki. I didn't wear my hair out like this-this was the result of being up late at night and wanting to experiment on my hair. I had conditioner washed it, then squeezed out the excess water and gave it a really good shake. I wonder what I would need to do in order to get my hair to stay like this all day? Any tips would be appreciated!

I have been natural for going on 4 1/2 years now, and have YET to attempt to wear a wash-n-go outside of the house :ohwell: I really want to perfect this style because I am in DIRE need of a change for my hair. Thanks you guys for inspiring me. I plan to work on perfecting the wash n go over the upcoming weeks! ;)

Attachments

• Amanda's pics 001.jpg
    Amanda's pics 001.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 69
  • Amanda's pics 003.jpg
    Amanda's pics 003.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 61
  • Amanda's pics 008.jpg
    Amanda's pics 008.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 73
  • Amanda's pics 009.jpg
    Amanda's pics 009.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 57

Empress Yahudah

Turnergirl inspired me to try a wash-n-go on my hair!! You can check out pics of it here in my fotki:

I am going to attempt to attach pics to this message. But just in case it doesn't work you can just click on the fotki. I didn't wear my hair out like this-this was the result of being up late at night and wanting to experiment on my hair. I had conditioner washed it, then squeezed out the excess water and gave it a really good shake. I wonder what I would need to do in order to get my hair to stay like this all day? Any tips would be appreciated!

I have been natural for going on 4 1/2 years now, and have YET to attempt to wear a wash-n-go outside of the house :ohwell: I really want to perfect this style because I am in DIRE need of a change for my hair. Thanks you guys for inspiring me. I plan to work on perfecting the wash n go over the upcoming weeks! ;)
Oh ma goodness I love ur hair :love: ..its beautiful!!! I cant wait till my hair is natural again...ok off to ur fotki :grin:

turnergirl

turnergirl and the other ladies who do wash n go's, can you explain how do you handle the dripping, after you have styled your wash n go? Like after you applied youor products and now it's perfect, doesn't your hair continue dripping and isnt it wet and uncomfortable? I have tried a wash n go many a times unsuccessfully, mainly because i usually did it on towel dried hair. now i know the secret, i'm wondering how do yall handle dripping for hours???

After I get done, I wrap a small towel around my shoulders. By the time I get makeup and clothing on, I don't have drips anymore. I love it.

turnergirl

It looks amazing. I think a leave in with a little hold will give you this look maybe with a little more shrinkage. (well was you hair still wet here? If so then you will have a little more shrinkage, if your hair was dry the leave in should not give you more shrinkage but it will make the curls a little more uniform and give your hair some sheen.)

My shake and go staple was Aveda Elixir and Confixor. I am currently experimenting with Giovanni Direct mixed with Confixor. It is almost the texure of my Elixer Confixor combo but I have to use a lot of Confixor to get it there and that combined with the protein makes my hair a little crunchy. I am going to try that last corner of Jamaican Mango Lime leave in with confixor to see if that thickens it up some. I just want that same texture as Elixer. As you can see I am still a little upset about that product being taken away from me.

turnergirl

Great thread. I still have never really styled my natural hair as I have been keeping it in plaits under my half wig. I really enjoyed seeing everyone's beautiful wash-n-go's.:gorgeous:. And Turnergirl thanks for your how-to.:yep:

Your welcome. I'm just happy to share my fav style. I want more women to love it too.

sunshinebeautiful

Shoot, this is freaking gorgeous! It looks perfected to me. Go on and wear it out. I would!

candiel

Your hair looks great! :yep:

zzirvingj

It looks amazing. I think a leave in with a little hold will give you this look maybe with a little more shrinkage. (well was you hair still wet here? If so then you will have a little more shrinkage, if your hair was dry the leave in should not give you more shrinkage but it will make the curls a little more uniform and give your hair some sheen.)

My shake and go staple was Aveda Elixir and Confixor. I am currently experimenting with Giovanni Direct mixed with Confixor. It is almost the texure of my Elixer Confixor combo but I have to use a lot of Confixor to get it there and that combined with the protein makes my hair a little crunchy. I am going to try that last corner of Jamaican Mango Lime leave in with confixor to see if that thickens it up some. I just want that same texture as Elixer. As you can see I am still a little upset about that product being taken away from me.

Trust me, I am just as mad you are about the Aveda Elixir! But I'm IN LOVE with my newfound Giovanni Direct, though!!

Thanks Candiel and Sunshinebeautiful!!

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
Wow, ya'll. Your wash n gos are fab! What products do you use to make your hair look so moisturized after it dries?

Je Ne Sais Quoi

I don't really have many up close pics of my wash n go's, but here is a recent one. Usually with mine I either rock a headband or a long scarf which is the case in this picture. Very summery and I love the look with hoop earrings and my shades...

Found an old one:

Dang this thread is old :lol: my hair was really curly in 07. The texture seems completely different now. Maybe because it's longer. Very strange.