Pics of 4a/b wash-n-go's

zzirvingj

I wanna perfect my wash-n-go and I need some INSPIRATION. Please post, or direct me to links of pics that are posted, of 4a/b wash-n-go's.

TIA!!

turnergirl

I am a shake and go addict. I have a million pics in my album but I will find one to post.

This is an old one before the bangs and the big cut last year. I used elixer and confixor on extremely wet hair.

The attachment is much more recent after the all of the cutting. I used cantu (wouldn't reccomend this) on dripping hair. I am going to try Giovanni Direct and Confixor the next time I try a shake and go, Who knows when that will be since I have twists in right now. ETA: the random strands hanging down came from getting my hair wet while washing my face. They eventually dried up and fell in with the rest of my hair. This was 2nd day hair.

Attachments

• noname6-vi.jpg
    noname6-vi.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:

zzirvingj

I am a shake and go addict. I have a million pics in my album but I will find one to post.

This is an old one before the bangs and the big cut last year. I used elixer and confixor on extremely wet hair.

The attachment is much more recent after the all of the cutting. I used cantu (wouldn't reccomend this) on dripping hair. I am going to try Giovanni Direct and Confixor the next time I try a shake and go, Who knows when that will be since I have twists in right now. ETA: the random strands hanging down came from getting my hair wet while washing my face. They eventually dried up and fell in with the rest of my hair. This was 2nd day hair.

Thanks for posting!! I really really like the 2nd pic in particular. When you do a wash-n-go, what is your technique?

turnergirl

The most important part of my wash and go is low manipulation. I co-wash in the shower, detangle with my coditioner in my hair. With conditioner in, I part my hair however I want it to hang and then I rinse my hair with my head kinda hanging back. I immediately put my product in my hand and mix it together (while in the shower) after the product is mixed I put it in my hair. I smooth it into my hair in 3 sections. I don't do a lot of rubbing, I just smooth it down the length of my hair one time. Before I apply the product my hair has to be soaked and wet. That way the product just glides onto my hair and does not disturb the pattern or anything like that. I hardley ever have any frizzing of curls or loss of definition.

When I am determining the sections, I do not part through my hair with my fingers. I just grab the hair in the back and smooth and the same for the middle. Then I smooth the front sides. So we should say I do 4 sections.

After that I give my hair a wild 30 second shake. I shake from side to side, back and foward and then bend over (with my head hanging upside down) to shake in those same directions but just with my head hanging. The key to the shake is to get your curls to separate enough to get some great volume.

Seems like a lot but it takes less than 3 minutes.

glamazon386

I have some in my fotki. Here's a pic of one:

Turnergirl your hair looks lovely... what's elixir and confixer? My hair's still short so it's doing the up and out thing. How do I get it to go down?

Last edited:

Je Ne Sais Quoi

I don't really have many up close pics of my wash n go's, but here is a recent one. Usually with mine I either rock a headband or a long scarf which is the case in this picture. Very summery and I love the look with hoop earrings and my shades...

Found an old one:

Last edited:

Je Ne Sais Quoi

Your hair is just sick!!!! I love it :)

Je Ne Sais Quoi

Turnergirl your hair looks lovely... what's elixir and confixer? My hair's still short so it's doing the up and out thing. How do I get it to go down?

My hair is like that too! Maybe because I am only shoulder length though I have a sneaking suspension that even when my hair is longer it will still do the up and out thing...

sunnydaze

My hair is like that too! Maybe because I am only shoulder length though I have a sneaking suspension that even when my hair is longer it will still do the up and out thing...

I actually hope my hair goes up and out.. I think it is so voluminous and pretty that way!!

zzirvingj

The most important part of my wash and go is low manipulation. I co-wash in the shower, detangle with my coditioner in my hair. With conditioner in, I part my hair however I want it to hang and then I rinse my hair with my head kinda hanging back. I immediately put my product in my hand and mix it together (while in the shower) after the product is mixed I put it in my hair. I smooth it into my hair in 3 sections. I don't do a lot of rubbing, I just smooth it down the length of my hair one time. Before I apply the product my hair has to be soaked and wet. That way the product just glides onto my hair and does not disturb the pattern or anything like that. I hardley ever have any frizzing of curls or loss of definition.

When I am determining the sections, I do not part through my hair with my fingers. I just grab the hair in the back and smooth and the same for the middle. Then I smooth the front sides. So we should say I do 4 sections.

After that I give my hair a wild 30 second shake. I shake from side to side, back and foward and then bend over (with my head hanging upside down) to shake in those same directions but just with my head hanging. The key to the shake is to get your curls to separate enough to get some great volume.

Thanks soooo much for posting your technique! I am going to try this this weekend!!

turnergirl

Elixir and Confixir are both products by Aveda. Elixir has been discontinued but it was a leave in conditioner, liquid and Confixor is a liquid gel. I would use it 3 to 1 in my hair and it was the best. I was the perfect weight, thick enough not give me some definition but liquid enough to shut out frizz or anything that may happen from handling my hair. It did not give me crazy shrinkage but it did not elongate or weigh my hair down. It was perfect and now it is gone :wallbash::wallbash:

Anyway, i have pics of my wash and go from my 1st, 2nd and 3rd year. One of the things I regret is not having other naturals to borrow from. I love how jazzi (from another board) wears her hair. I wish I would have worn my shake and that way when it was shorter instead of straight back or with a part down the center.

ETA: I added another one from the 2nd year it's the one in the black and white dress. It looks so different from the other pic where I was holding the child.

Attachments

• n53301177_30184946_6677-vi.jpg
    n53301177_30184946_6677-vi.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 121
  • 20608278RL559606327-vi.jpg
    20608278RL559606327-vi.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 118
  • Hair19-vi.jpg
    Hair19-vi.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 104
  • 38234339RL641832596-vi.jpg
    38234339RL641832596-vi.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 113
  • 20608201RL724471627-vi.jpg
    20608201RL724471627-vi.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:

Mizani_Mrs

turnergirl and the other ladies who do wash n go's, can you explain how do you handle the dripping, after you have styled your wash n go? Like after you applied youor products and now it's perfect, doesn't your hair continue dripping and isnt it wet and uncomfortable? I have tried a wash n go many a times unsuccessfully, mainly because i usually did it on towel dried hair. now i know the secret, i'm wondering how do yall handle dripping for hours???

glamazon386

turnergirl and the other ladies who do wash n go's, can you explain how do you handle the dripping, after you have styled your wash n go? Like after you applied youor products and now it's perfect, doesn't your hair continue dripping and isnt it wet and uncomfortable? I have tried a wash n go many a times unsuccessfully, mainly because i usually did it on towel dried hair. now i know the secret, i'm wondering how do yall handle dripping for hours???

Usually after I apply my products it doesn't drip anymore. But my hair is short so IDK if that holds true for longer haired ladies.

Je Ne Sais Quoi

My hair doesn't drip for hours, but I'm only a lil past shoulder length so maybe my opinion isn't valid. Right now it's summer so the dripping doesn't last very long...

Country gal

I am use to it now. I try to get most of the water out in the shower. I will put a towel around my neck while I am getting dressed.

newslady

Wow!
I assumed 4a/b's wouldn't be so CURLY and full of life. MY BAD.
I swear I'm gonna cut off this relaxer one day and really be free to be me!
You ladies are inspiring.
Much Love,
NL

meaganita

Great info! Thx~:)

meaganita

Wow!
I assumed 4a/b's wouldn't be so CURLY and full of life. MY BAD.
I swear I'm gonna cut off this relaxer one day and really be free to be me!
You ladies are inspiring.
Much Love,
NL
I used to think that way too. I had no idea my hair was "curly," before I went natural. I just thought it was naps!:lol: But after I went natural and started dealing with my natural texture, I realized it was curly and that I probably never "needed" a relaxer in the first place. Don't get me wrong, it's definitely an adjustment. But after a while I really began to appreciate it. :heart:

God_Favor

4a/b wash-in go

Attachments

• hair tex 1.jpg
    hair tex 1.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 88
  • hair tex 3.jpg
    hair tex 3.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 83
  • hair6.jpg
    hair6.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 79

Empress Yahudah

my goodness ur hair is purtyyyy:yep: