Pic Request- Box Braids and Cornrows WITHOUT extensions

PPGbubbles

I love that they look better as they get older. They're less scalpy and they hands just right without having to be pinned or slept on a certain way. These things are pretty sweet.

I am loving the convience of it all and they do look better over time. I have even rollerset mine earlier in the week, that was cute. But the curls fell from the heat and sweat of my workout :lachen:

davisbr88

I am loving the convience of it all and they do look better over time. I have even rollerset mine earlier in the week, that was cute. But the curls fell from the heat and sweat of my workout :lachen:

Yeah, that's why I haven't done any sets or anything, because I knew that would happen. Went to the bar last night and was sweating buckets!
I may do a Curlformer set this upcoming week, though. We'll see.

PPGbubbles

Yeah, that's why I haven't done any sets or anything, because I knew that would happen. Went to the bar last night and was sweating buckets!
I may do a Curlformer set this upcoming week, though. We'll see.

I am practicing my technique so I can do a real roller set when I take these out :grin:

BraunSugar

Seriously, kudos to you guys for making cornrows & box braids look pretty w/o extensions! I've tried this and always ended up feeling like Queen Latifah in Set It Off or DJ Quik. :(

carameldelight87

So y'all got me ready to do my hair tonight!! I haven't been protective styling as much since I discovered how awesome my twist outs can be. But I think I'm about to braid up my hair...can't cornrow yet, but we'll get there one day. :yep:

Lute

I got my hair cornrowed yesterday. without extensions and I threaded the ends of the hair. I'll take a photo of it tonight

JasmineX

Thank you for sharing! I am prepping my hair for the braids now.

If any ladies have any pics please share :)
OMG, when I saw these they were the prettiest thing ever. I decided to try it out and braided just a tad bit more than the 1/2 way point. My hair is fine and thin (people say i have a head full of baby hair to be more descriptive) and this style has made my hair appear more full with those perfect circle curls at the end. So, some 4a ladies with low or high density should give it a try.

PearlyCurly

Not the best picture. They were old(i had them in for about 4 weeks).
I have fine hair, but it is pretty dense, so the braids look pretty thin and scalpy. I just shampooed my scalp in this picture, i mostly just co-washed.
Im thinking about doing them again pretty soon:drunk:

truequeen06

I haven't done box braids in a while. This is from almost 2 years ago.

BronzyBella

I know these pics aren't the best, but these are the box braids I'm sporting right now. They took about 4 or 5 hours to put in. I BC'd just over a year ago. When my hair isn't braided/twisted, I have a much harder time getting it into a ponytail.

I shampoo washed on Saturday, hoping to deep condition afterwards, which was a bust (sauna at the gym not working).

I planned on keeping them in for two weeks... but am now considering pushing for 3.