Box braids w/o extensions

Anyone ever box braided their hair without extensions. Did you get any growth from it? How long did you leave it in? Did your hair shed a lot when taking it out. How did you care for it while it was in box braids?

A

AmilLion

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Meinzzfuture said:
Anyone ever box braided their hair without extensions. Did you get any growth from it? How long did you leave it in? Did your hair shed a lot when taking it out. How did you care for it while it was in box braids?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll put it to you like this, you see guys that wear cornrows in their hair.....shoot.....I think I'm reconsidering braids /images/graemlins/smile.gif

sweetcocoa

AmilLion said:
I'll put it to you like this, you see guys that wear cornrows in their hair.....shoot.....I think I'm reconsidering braids /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
I am also. Bumping for info. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Destanee

I have my hair braided now without extensions. I going to keep it braided until the summer, re-braiding every 2-3 weeks.

Anyone else?

Do you getit braided at a salon or are you lucky enough to do it yourselfor have someone do it for free. I did mine for 45 and have kept them for 3 weeks. 45is the cheapest thatIhave found? Has it been giving you good growth

hairfanatic

This is a good question Meinzzfuture. /images/graemlins/smile.gif I would also be interested in knowing because using the extensions was just too heavy for my head.

hairfanatic

Destinee,

You did a great job on your braids! /images/graemlins/smile.gif Are you spraying them everyday? Are you rinsing everyday? I may do this with you? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Destanee

@ Meinzzfuture &amp; Hairfanatic

I wish I could take the credit LOL. My sister braided my hair.
I rinsed everyday except for today. I have been using the CPR hairdress on my ends, but today I used Healthy Ends. I think I like the healthy ends better. Do you think I should spray everday as well? I have a rosewater/glycerin mix I could use.

I'm trying to do my own little "leave it alone" challenge! Anyone want to join me? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

We'll see what happens as I only started Feb 1.

hairfanatic

@ Meinzzfuture &amp; Hairfanatic

I wish I could take the credit LOL. My sister braided my hair.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, it still looks great to me! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I rinsed everyday except for today. I have been using the CPR hairdress on my ends, but today I used Healthy Ends. I think I like the healthy ends better. Do you think I should spray everday as well?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure, I know that Robin talks about spraying the braids oppose to spraying the scalp. She said to spray the scalp once a week. I know when I first put my braids in I sprayed my whole head for a week and my head was itching like crazy. Maybe it also depends on the type of spray you use. The thing is that some things build up on the hair. But, I'm sure there are people that probably spray their hair and had no problems...like my mother that use to lightly mist her hair everyday with spray, I can't think of the name of it.

I'm trying to do my own little "leave it alone" challenge! Anyone want to join me?

[/ QUOTE ]

See, that's why I am considering twists because I have been experimenting with so many products that my hair is saying...Look, I don't know what your problem is, but there is only so much that I can take. /images/graemlins/grin.gif