Box braids no extensions (3c hair) ?

blessed7777

Could someone please tell me how long box braids normally last without added hair? I was told with extensions they can last over a month but what if its your natural hair? Cornrows with 3c hair frizzes up quickly but I am hoping that box braids would be different??

PPGbubbles

I am no help with the texture bit, but I got a good 4 weeks out of my box braids

I am sure you could go longer

bumping for answers from fellow 3c's for you

blessed7777

Thanks! So when you did your box braids did you wash and blowdry your hair first?

This is for my DD hair and I need them to last at least 2 to 3 weeks.

PPGbubbles

I did wash and blowdry to make the process easier

I co-washed every couple of days post workout and they kept up quite nicely

I will just say patience is a virtue when removing the braids. LOTS of patience and LOTS of oil for slip :lachen:

Oasis

grabbing life by the pussy
i left mine in for 4 weeks but i could have easily gone longer. i have type 4 hair though.

ms-gg

Aka frostoppa
Type 4 hair: just did box braids on Saturday and they last me anywhere from 3-6 weeks. I could go longer too if I want. You also can't be afraid of frizz if you are trying to go a long time with wearing them because frizz is just what our hair wants to do naturally. You just have to sort of embrace it....The frizz starts to show up something fierce for me around 2-3 weeks or so...