One inch a month? Break it down for me please!

Chimma

Hello ladies,
I get about 1/2 of hair growth a month, but I must admit that I'm feeling a little impatient with my hair care goals right about now . Now, I realize that is normal and healthy. After all, if you had hair that grew two inches a month, every month, you'd get tired of cutting once your hair reached your desired length.
But I personally would be very happy with a move from 1/2 an inch to an inch, as some of you are getting, and I'm wondering how you consistently gain an inch or more a month.

I started massaging 5 minutes a day and surging about a week ago. I hope that affects my growth. Did that affect anyone's growth? I don't take any vitamins, but I'm wondering if taking vitamins increased anyone's growth to this level? If so, which ones and what was the monthly cost? Are most of you getting an inch or is half an inch or 1/4 an inch the normal amount even with a healthy diet? Please break it down for me.

sterry

Hey Chimma,

I average about 1 inch a month since starting scalp massages with essential oils:

Rosemary
Lavender
Cedarwood
Peppermint
Carrier
Jojoba
Castor (alone)
Avocado Oil
Aloe vera Oil

I use no shampoos. I do daily rinses everday with warm water and my last rinse with Apple Cider vinegar.
I deep condition each week with Regis Hydrating Balm and olive oil.
If I have been abusive to my hair I will use Natures Gate Biotin Gel and steam towel hair for an hour. Right before I deep condition I do conditioning oil treatment the night before with olive oil or castor oil.
At time if I do wash I will use a baking soda paste to clease scalp or Soft Sheen Carson's Break Thru Shampoo.
My leave conditioner is Giovanni Direct or a mixture of jojoba, castor, sesame oil with about a 1/2 teaspoon of Regis Hydrating Balm and 8 oz of water
I trim about every 2 months or as needed.
I apply very little heat to my hair if not at all.(except for this month)
My hair is in it's natural state. Moisture is the key for me.
As a Fitness Trainer and Nutritionist (not yet certified) I eat a high diet consisting mainly of protein.
Egg Whites
Lean Chicken Breast
Soy milk
Lentil
Whey Protein
Tuna
Salmon
I also take a supplement high in Omega 3, 6, 9, fatty acids and Gamma Lineolic Acid.
Borage Seed
Flax Seed
Cod Liver Oil
Fish Oil
other supplements include
Vitamin C
B-Complex
Iodine
CLA
I drink about 2 gallons of water a day and try to avoid foods high in trans fat and simple sugar.
I hope this helps.

diamondlady

I did get an inch one month, but it was only one month. The only thing I did different was exercise (30 minutes on the treadmill, 3-4 times a week).

I did the vitamin-thing and all I got was fat. I drank gallons of water and all I got was extra trips to the bathroom. I DO think that the vitamins and water are good things but I didn't see any great hair results from either. I plan to continue doing them but it's hard to change bad habits. (Like not drinking water) The vitamins I plan to take just for health reasons and try to exercise more to burn the fat.

G

I take biotin and do (almost) daily conditioner only washes.

jemini

I just started taking biotin so I can't comment on that. I do eat a lot of greens, protein, and take a multi-vitamin.

Kitkat

I have fallen off of my vitamin routine, but I get about 1/2 inch per month. For you inch per month ladies, more power to you and way to go!

Chimma

Thanks for all the advice sterry. Were you always getting an inch per month or did the inch per month start after you added one of the routines (massage/exercise/protein etc.) to your schedule?

Caramela, did you get the inch per month before the biotin or conditioner washes or did that speed it up?

hmm... diamondlady, i already get exercise, but i guess that more won't hurt.

JazzAngel

For me, it is a combination of incresed protein and exercise. I dont always get outrageous growth. I have to be dilligent with my workouts and diet, but when I do the growth is amazing.

This Thread became quite interesting. Read it.

sterry

Fitness has been part of my life for some time.
I do believe that the massage (especially rosemary) has contributed to the additional half inch.
I must also say the the Cod liver oil, Borage and flax seed are a factor,

cybra

I get an inch a month after I added the soy protein and additional proteins to my diet. I actually think my hair is thicker because of the biotin. However, I had to greatly reduce the amount of biotin I was taking because it was causing me to break out...I don't do bumps

But, I am currrently taking:

*Lactaid with soy protein (14 g of protein) with a protein powder (25 g of protein/scoop)
*Egg whites (I buy them in the carton)
*I eat tons of Salmon (at least once a week) and chicken breast (broiled or baked).
*Beans (various types)

And I am taking

biotin
B-complex
Flaxseed oil tabs
Omega 3, 6, 9

I also use EVOO mixed with my braid spray daily. I actually use Isoplus moisturizing shampoo and Pantene Pro-V conditioner.
I use a Cholesterol's Tea Tree or LeKair's deep conditioner
And I use shea butter body lotion on my hair or Aloe Vera gel (100%) before I put my hair back in braids. If I'm going to have my hair down for the week, I usually spray it with the braid spray and put Parnevu cream for extra dry hair on it. I will also do a hot oil with EVOO and coconut oil too.

I think massaging the hair gently and being very careful when combing the hair is also key to keeping it growing without breakage.

HonEB

[ QUOTE ]
cybra said:
...*Lactaid with soy protein (14 g of protein) with a protein powder (25 g of protein/scoop)...

[/ QUOTE ]

cybra, could you please expain what kind of soy protien powder you use and if it has any flavor to it.