Anyone Really Get 1 inch a month? If so pls come in

transitioning?

Hey ladies,

I'm starting this thread because I would like to get 1 inch of a growth a month.

I'm posing this question to ladies that usually don't get one inch a month.

Have any of you achieved an inch a month for a sustained period of time (longer than 3 months)? If so how and why/did the increased growth stop.

I just want to know if this is a pipe dream for me cuz I average .25-.5 an inch a month.

Also if any ladies are going for the same goal and would like to contribute to the discussion feel free.

TIA

blessedandlucky

Thanks for posting. I've been wondering the same thing. My brain just can't see how this is possible...looking forward to responses.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

ezina

When I first started applying Mega-Tek undiluted to my scalp (3x a week), I may have gotten anywhere between 3/4 an inch to 1 inch for that first month. However, I stopped using it because the shedding was definitely not worth it. I now dilute my Mega-Tek with some oils and have a mixture ratio close to 1:1. My hair, with the new mixture, currently grows at 1/2 an inch to 3/4 an inch per month, which is fine by me. My original hair growth without growth aids is close to 1/3 to 1/2 an inch per month.

Carisa

I did a few months over the summer (may, june, july 2010). I seem to have spurts when its hot and it was easy to see the growth because I went almost the whole summer without relaxing. I also use sulfur, oils, and take hsn tablets. During the winter I get an average 1/2 inch growth.

chelseatiara

I did a few months over the summer (may, june, july 2010). I seem to have spurts when its hot and it was easy to see the growth because I went almost the whole summer without relaxing. I also use sulfur, oils, and take hsn tablets. During the winter I get an average 1/2 inch growth.

same her i can get about 3 whole inches during the summer of new growth and 1/4-1/2 or so most months...i dont relax during the summer and cowash often with low manipulation...

grow

i noticed growth spurts (i stopped measuring with the tape last year) when i started using MTG.

however, it is way too drying to the rest of my hair, so i started using a concoction NJoy suggested (it's in her blog, i believe) with my own sulfur and oils.

by far, the MOST dramatic growth spurts have come when i juiced fresh veggies every day! i started back when i used to measure with the tape and immediately noticed at least an inch a month, sometimes a little more.

it is definitely time consuming and tedious, but the results are SO worth it!!!

Aviah

I've never gotten an inch a month but what I will say is that it may not be possible for everyone IMO. Everyone's body is so different in what their maximum hair growth is like, it's hard to tell what would definitely do it for you person based on another's results. Some are deficient in biotin and start taking it and end up getting an inch a month, where others started eating more fish, drinking water, exercise, etc. There are definitely ways to maximize your hair growth potential, but to aim to get 1" per month may be a very difficult task!

In any case, I used to grow about a 1/3 inch per month, MN (which I stopped using) helped me get 1/2 inch a month. After a big haircut, people have been saying to me my hair is growing pretty fast, and the only things different in my diet have been more eggs and fish, though I can't say if that definitely has anything to do with it, or how much it has contributed.

Good Luck!

Last edited:

transitioning?

I've never gotten an inch a month but what I will say is that it may not be possible for everyone IMO. Everyone's bodies are so different in what their maximum hair growth is like, it's hard to tell what would definitely do it for you person based on another's results. Some are deficient in biotin and start taking it and end up getting an inch a month, where others started eating more fish, drinking water, exercise, etc. There are definitely ways to maximize your hair growth potential, but to aim to get 1" per month may be a very difficult task!

In any case, I used to grow about a 1/3 inch per month, MN (which I stopped using) helped me get 1/2 inch a month. After a big haircut, people have been saying to me my hair is growing pretty fast, and the only things different in my diet have been more eggs and fish, though I can't say if that definitely has anything to do with it, or how much it has contributed.

Good Luck!
I semi agree with you. I don't think an inch a month is possible for everyone but I still try. Lol

Sent from my PC36100 using Long Hair Care Forum App

transitioning?

Okay so far it seems ppl have gotten spurts of one inch growth. Lets keep the responses coming

Sent from my PC36100 using Long Hair Care Forum App

bellebebe

I've had at least one inch of growth in a month; it was when I used to go running 5 days a week and I had my hair baggied underneath my wig. I know it's bad, but it worked. I will start running again, minus the under-wig baggie.

omnipadme

Between drinking lots of water, wgho and weekly ayurveda treatments, my hair grows like a weed- consistently 3/4 to 1 inch a month. I've been stretching since the end of September and I measured a little over 4 inches of ng about a week ago. I just added nioxin to the mix, taking 2xday and I'm pretty sure it's gonna have my hair growing like crazy.

janda

I am in the 1 inch per month challenge so I guess you can say I'm hopeful that it is possible. I'm using Bee Mine sulfur serum nightly with a scalp message. We'll see.

Pompous Blue

As reported up-thread, Njoy created a thread about her explosive (my term) growth and her growth aids.

Also, Ginsana, created a thread about her fast growth using growth aids.

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/ha...ear-worth-growth-w-mtg-mega-tek-jbco-etc.html

These two women really impressed me with their success in getting 1", or there about, for several months.

Since I have sensitive skin and had an allergic reaction to a growth aid, I'm not trying topically to increase my growth. I'm going the internal route. I'm a slow, slow grower getting maybe 1/8" - 1/4th" per month.:cry::cry:

I BC'd Apr 4, 2010, and I STILL have a TWA. I started out with 2.5" TWA and it is only 4" now. So, in 9 mos. I've only gotten 1.5" growth.:wallbash::wallbash:

lilsparkle825

When I first started applying Mega-Tek undiluted to my scalp (3x a week), I may have gotten anywhere between 3/4 an inch to 1 inch for that first month. However, I stopped using it because the shedding was definitely not worth it. I now dilute my Mega-Tek with some oils and have a mixture ratio close to 1:1. My hair, with the new mixture, currently grows at 1/2 an inch to 3/4 an inch per month, which is fine by me. My original hair growth without growth aids is close to 1/3 to 1/2 an inch per month.
This same thing happened to me. The first month I definitely got an inch, but the shedding was ridiculous so I stopped using it altogether for quite some time. I only rarely use my MT now.

I got an inch a month for 2-3 months over the summer in 2010, but I am still not quite sure how it happened. I got a three inch "trim" and was so devastated that I put my hair in a curly weave for a month, then I wet bunned for the next two months. I took my hair down for a length check in September and almost fainted! That is the longest I have ever been able to get that much growth, though, and I think my hair is exhausted because my growth now is actually UNDER my normal average.

Carisa

I've had at least one inch of growth in a month; it was when I used to go running 5 days a week and I had my hair baggied underneath my wig. I know it's bad, but it worked. I will start running again, minus the under-wig baggie.

:yep: I used to do this too and will restart once its summer again

bride91501

As reported up-thread, Njoy created a thread about her explosive (my term) growth and her growth aids.

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/ha...ear-worth-growth-w-mtg-mega-tek-jbco-etc.html

These two women really impressed me with their success in getting 1", or there about, for several months.

Since I have sensitive skin and had an allergic reaction to a growth aid, I'm not trying topically to increase my growth. I'm going the internal route. I'm a slow, slow grower getting maybe 1/8" - 1/4th" per month.:cry::cry:

I BC'd Apr 4, 2010, and I STILL have a TWA. I started out with 2.5" TWA and it is only 4" now. So, in 9 mos. I've only gotten 1.5" growth.:wallbash::wallbash:

Hey PB- are you positive that your hair grows super slow? I'm sorry to hear you've only retained 1.5" since your BC...maybe if you post your reggie folks can make suggestions on how you can increase your growth &/or retention?

I started my sulfur mix in November, and although I didn't measure from my start to 5 weeks later when my "after" pic was taken, I think I got pretty close to 1", maybe a little bit more in those 5 weeks. Pics are attached.

I'm also a firm beliver that frequent exercise can help with growth and overall hair health. I work out hard 5-6 days per week, and I credit this with much of steady growth so far in my journey.

Attachments

• Sulfur Results Nov to Dec 2010.jpg
    Sulfur Results Nov to Dec 2010.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 88

lushcoils

I say join the inch a month challenge (in my siggy) and try. Even if you end up increasing your growth rate and don't get an inch, it's better than before. I think it's worth a shot.

The thread also has a link to the 2010 inch a month challenge for tips.

Anne26

panda
Without any growth aids, I get 0.5 inch a month. With vitamin A capsules diluted with oil on scalp, I get 0.8 inch. Now with MN (miconazole nitrate, cheap brand), I get a lot more, but don't have the exact number yet.

I've been doing this vitamin A thing for the past 6 months and went from ear to just past shoulder. I learned on a hair board from my country, where a lot of ladies and gents were getting 1.2-1.6 inch a month.

I've bought biotin and MSM from what I've learned on the english hair boards, but the pills are so big I don't like to take them. Plus I worry about my liver/kidney, I have a healthy diet, I don't think I need them. It's really unconfortable to swallow them for me, choked a few times...LOL. I threw out the bottles. =/

My hair doesn't like protein so I don't think I'll try megatek, and the sulphur one (MTG I think) was reported to be smelly.

I might try next castor oil too. :)

DaughterOfZion1

Without any growth aids, I get 0.5 inch a month. With vitamin A capsules diluted with oil on scalp, I get 0.8 inch. Now with MN (miconazole nitrate, cheap brand), I get a lot more, but don't have the exact number yet.

I've been doing this vitamin A thing for the past 6 months and went from ear to just past shoulder. I learned on a hair board from my country, where a lot of ladies and gents were getting 1.2-1.6 inch a month.

I've bought biotin and MSM from what I've learned on the english hair boards, but the pills are so big I don't like to take them. Plus I worry about my liver/kidney, I have a healthy diet, I don't think I need them. It's really unconfortable to swallow them for me, choked a few times...LOL. I threw out the bottles. =/

My hair doesn't like protein so I don't think I'll try megatek, and the sulphur one (MTG I think) was reported to be smelly.

I might try next castor oil too. :)

Whoaaaa!! Never heard of this before. Vitamin A? Please elaborate. Are you sure it was Vitamin A?

loulou82

^^^ Vitamin A on the scalp sounds interesting. It's a fat soluble vitamin so any excess taken internally will be stored in the body and can be toxic at high doses. But I've never heard of applying it to the scalp. Anne26, how much do you add to your oil mix and what oil do you use?

Anne26

panda
I actually have a bottle with 20ml of concentrated vitamin A in peanut oil, but you can find easily in capsules like this. This is just an example, I don't know this specific product/brand. I usually mix with olive oil (1-2 tps), or put in my shampoo. Some people can use more, others, less. I use about 5000 IU each application. Too much was reported to cause shedding in some. I think a capsule with an usual co-wash/scalp oiling would be good. You can adjust your dosage as you go along. :)

I'm sure it's vitamin A, that's what we (on the other forum) use, not beta-carotene though, I'm not sure that would work. :)

transitioning?

What internal growth aids are you taking? I'm currently taking MSM. Also from the responses to this thread and others it seems that taking care of your body in general is key. How are you sleeping habits? Do you drink water? workout?

And no worries even if we never get that elusive "1" a month slow and steady wins the race. Even if it takes many years WE WILL HAVE HAIR FLOWING DOWN OUR BACKS :yep:

Pompous Blue

Hey PB- are you positive that your hair grows super slow? I'm sorry to hear you've only retained 1.5" since your BC...maybe if you post your reggie folks can make suggestions on how you can increase your growth &/or retention?

I started my sulfur mix in November, and although I didn't measure from my start to 5 weeks later when my "after" pic was taken, I think I got pretty close to 1", maybe a little bit more in those 5 weeks. Pics are attached.

I'm also a firm beliver that frequent exercise can help with growth and overall hair health. I work out hard 5-6 days per week, and I credit this with much of steady growth so far in my journey.

LOL…Yep! Got a rock-solid reggie.

And Yes I’m positive my hair grows super slow but I’m doing something about it this year……in stages…..

I like to tweak my reggie one thing at a time so that if something goes wrong, I’ll know what the culprit is….LOL

Jan – April, I added chlorella, spurlina and diatomaceous earth to my dietary intake.
May – July, I’m adding a Mega-tek mixture (3X wk). My hair doesn’t like a lot of protein, so I’m taking it slow on this one and see if I can keep my moisture up and reduce any possible excessive shedding.

And, yes, I started exercising the 1st of Jan.

I, also, started massaging my scalp every day for at least 3 – 5 minutes. Seems to be working, too.

What internal growth aids are you taking? I'm currently taking MSM. Also from the responses to this thread and others it seems that taking care of your body in general is key. How are you sleeping habits? Do you drink water? workout?

And no worries even if we never get that elusive "1" a month slow and steady wins the race. Even if it takes many years WE WILL HAVE HAIR FLOWING DOWN OUR BACKS

I tried Komaza’s hair rejuvenator which has MSM in it and had a BAD reaction to it and probably something else in it, too. So, I’m staying away from MSM and other sulfurs.

I’m so confident that by adding and tweaking my reggie a little at a time, that I will get good growth this year.

Since this is my 1st Winter being all natural, I worked really hard to develop a rock-solid reggie to keep my moisture level up.

And BTW, IA, taking care of my body is utmost important. I drink 3 qts water a day but I’ve got to work on sleeping habits and job stress…..LOL.

You’re right; my hair will grow with the love and attention to retention, I'll get there…..LOL……

QueenFee

YUP Mt JBCO once a week got a inch a month for like two months then it slowed so I upped it to three times a week then Got another inch, then slowed to two times and got 3/4 inch...To bad I was addicted to the flat iron...All that hair went to heat damaged hair heaven...R.I.P