OK I TRIED IT AGAIN!!

Wolftrap

For those that remember my post the other day "Tangled Dirty Mess" I tried the conditoner wash again. This time minus the ACV rinse AND I changed conditioners from the Suave Humecto to Garnier Fruictus and I LOVED it!!! No more Suave for me AND I am not going to try anymore ACV rinses. I am sticking to "If it aint broke don't fix it". My hair was growing fine w/o the ACV rinses so I'm skipping them from now on. But the Garnier made my hair so soft I even mixed it with a little bit of Keracare Humectant and I could comb right through it. I would recommend this conditioner!

I'm also not going to be a product junkie anymore. I am keeping my products that I have and will judge my growth from there. So in my cabinet until the end of the year will be the following products

1. Garner Fruictus for conditioner washes
2. Keracare dry & Itchy scalp shampoo(someone on this board recommended that to me and thanks so much I love it)
3. Keracare leave in conditioner
4. Keracare Humectant for deep conditioning
5. Mango Butter (Another great recommendation from this board)
6. Surge motion #9 for monthly hot oil treatments
7. Surge Spray (going to start that on Monday)

THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR RECOMMENDATIONS GUYS!!!

lunalight7

Way to go, wolf, on streamlining your regimen and products. I too will be using up the products that I have. The only thing I need for winter time is a treatment for itchy scalp - - and you mentioned the Keracare one...perhaps I'll e-mail them for a sample...thanx!

Wolftrap

Yes I highly recommend the Keracare for dry itchy scalp. Nothing was working and the Neutrogena T-gel and Nizoral was drying my hair out. The Keracare moisturized it and got rid of the dry itchies. Before I would get my hair done and 2 days later it was itching like crazy. With the Keracare I went almost 7 days without having to wash my hair again.

candie19

Wolftrap, I like the products you're using. I am the same hair type and tonight I tried the ACV rinse, and it was a mess. I am interested in doing the condtioner washes. I realize this how growing process is trial and error but:
1. When you do the condtioner washes which do your use Graner F. or the Kera Kare ?
2. Do you still deep condtion? And how often?
3. How often do you shampoo?

Wolftrap

Well I'm still a newbie and working out my hair regimine but I used the Garnier for the conditioner wash and put a little bit of the Keracare Humectant in it too. Made my hair VERY soft and easy to comb through.

I am deep conditioning my hair with the Keracare Humectant once a week. I go to the dominican salon and I bring my shampoos and products with me for them to use in my hair since I'm trying to stick with a regular routine of using the same products

I am now shampooing twice a week. More than that is just too much of a hassle for me. I go to the salon on Sundays and then condition wash on Wednesday. This works for me now. I may increase the conditioner washes once the weather gets warmer. Also since I am going to try the surge I may cut out my weekly salon visits because it would make no sense to me in getting my hair done and then wetting it with the surge spray every night. I am going to see how that works out