Tracy girl you are a GENIUS!!

foxybronx

Gurl...I tried your method on how to get curls/waves after washing and it worked BEAUTIFULLY!!!
I used suave milk and honey for the conditioner, The generic of paul mitchell "the cream" as the taming creme. John frieda texture correcting serum and keracare silk n seal, garnier fructic curl constructing mousse, john frieda dream curls and scrunched. I put a pic in my album. You can't really tell how nice it looked though.
Thanks again

Mamacita

I tried Tracy's Technique too and it worked wonderfully on me too. My hair had soooo much body and bounce
For the conditioner I used Elucence, and I used the Nuetrogena triple moisture leave-in and serum and then sprayed John Frieda's Dream Curls, it looked fabulous. Thanks Tracy

gn1g

[ QUOTE ]
blacktresses said:
What was Tracey's method?

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it for natural or relaxed hair?

Nyambura

surfer girl
Mamacita and Foxybronx ~ Do you think L'Oreal's Defining Curl leave-in cream could substitute for John Freida's Dream Curls? or does it have to be that? Is the Dream Curls a cream or a liquid? Thanks in advance for your responses.

Armyqt

Foxybronx you must be in in my head
When I saw the title of this post, I just KNEW what you were gonna post on. I swear I was gonna post with the exact same title regarding the exact same subject. However, I got lazy and I wanted to try it again before I made the official post
. However, Tracy IS a genius. I didn't get curls because my hair doesn't do that. But I had very nice waves and the biggest thing was, I had no frizz. I used the Dream curls and the Silken Seal. I actually wore my hair out and about that day too. Thanks for starting this post. And thanks for sharing your technique Tracy

Lindy

[ QUOTE ]
Armyqt said:
However, Tracy IS a genius. I didn't get curls because my hair doesn't do that. But I had very nice waves and the biggest thing was, I had no frizz. I used the Dream curls and the Silken Seal. I actually wore my hair out and about that day too.

[/ QUOTE ]

She sure is!!
That Dream Curls is the absolute BEST thing for the wash 'n go style.

Army, did you take any pics?? I bet it looked really cute!!

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
I used Tracy's method too and my hair came out great. I know call this my "wash and go" I have a pic of it in my album. I am still perfecting what products to use though.

T

Tee

[ QUOTE ]
blacktresses said:
What was Tracey's method

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd love to know too!

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
Quote from one of Tracy's Posts:
-----
Reposting here upon request

The primary ingredients for a natural looking curl on relaxed hair are:

conditioner
Styling Cream
Curl spray
Serum

Some people may not need the styling creme and the curl spray togther. I can do without the styling creme, or the spray in a pinch for instance - but not both.

The products I use to achieve my curl vary, but for the most part I use the following:

Any leave in or lightweight rinse out conditoner will do. Lately, I've had fab results with Sebastian Moisture Base. Again, any conditioner that you like that isn't too heavy and doesn't have too many cones will work. I wouldn't go for instance with a cholesterol conditioner.

I religiously use and will never give up John Frieda Dream Curls. That's the curl spray that does the trick on my hair. A good gel that has a similar purpose is KMS curling balm. Either will effect the same results - to encourage and hold the curl in the hair minus crunch (a determining factor for me). If you have a hard time with the sprays and gels some people's hair responds better to non-alcohol mousse. John Frieda's Frizz Ease line has one that is superior. Point? You need something to encourage the curl.

The styling cremes (I like Salon Selectives Loosely Defined and my favorite is L'oreal UnFrizz Taming Creme) are optional but they give a nice finished look and some control if your hair tends to get too big as it dries.

The serum is key. I've experimented a lot and you need a good thick one. I like Keracare's Silken Seal. It should go after the conditioner and the creme's but before the spray. The product encouraging the curl should be the last to go on.

The rest is in the technique. I lightly wrap a towel around my head after washing just so it's not soaking wet. A minute or two - tops. Then I apply a tablespoon size of conditioner (mostly to the last 3 inches of my hair) and the styling creme if I'm using one. Then I tie my edges with a satiny rectangular shaped scarf (I mention the shape only because it should extend back toward the crown only about 2-3 inches - otherwise the top of the hair will be flat). I leave the scarf on until it's mostly dry and to the the area that's left free I apply the curl spray liberally and then the serum.

Then I DO NOT TOUCH IT, DO NOT TOUCH IT, DO NOT TOUCH IT (can you tell this is important? ) until it's 75% dry. It should feel slightly damp but mostly dry to the touch. At that point I lightly gather just the tips of my hair in my fists and squeeze gently. That helps encourage the curl on the strands that aren't going with the flow. It helps to bend over and let gravity help separate the strands from one another to give a nice, full appearance

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
The only thing I do different is that I start scrunching from the beginning to encourage the curl. If I don't it comes out sort of stringy. I scrunch in about 15-20 minute intervals until it is about 90% dry.

Lindy

Thanks for posting the instructions again, DSD!!
Although I've done the style before (last summer) I'm going to print them out and keep them in my hair journal...

Wolftrap

does anyone else find that the dream curls leaves their hair dry? I noticed this when I used it. I have been spraying the ORS hair oil on my hair after using that and it seems to give it some shine now and it is not so dry looking.

beana3

Wow foxy, you're hair looks great!!! I was just thinking about you the other day...

Hopefully if you(my hair twin) can achieve such great results, mine should at least look decent. I see you put a lot of products in your graveyard to work, like that paul mitchell cream.

How often does this style need to be refreshed? Does it last as long as a braid out?

Allandra

[ QUOTE ]
Armyqt said:
Your hair looks great Foxy. I love the thickness of it and yuor ends look healthy

[/ QUOTE ]
D I T T O

Scasey

Foxybronyx/DSD--your wash n go looks good!!! I have to agree Tracy is a completly unselfish genius. I just bought the dream curls and I love it. I am getting a digital camera for school so I will be posting pics soon.

J

JenniferMD

That style looks so nice on you, I love your hair, you were my first hair inspiration when I joined this board, but you knew that already. Did your hair stay like that all day? It's goregous!

Tracy

I AM SO HAPPY! I'm sorry I didn't get ot see this yesterday - it would have MADE MY DAY!

I am so gald all of my trial and error and walking around looking like a certifiable nut helps...

Tracy

[ QUOTE ]
Wolftrap said:
does anyone else find that the dream curls leaves their hair dry? I noticed this when I used it. I have been spraying the ORS hair oil on my hair after using that and it seems to give it some shine now and it is not so dry looking.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your hair has to be completely wet when you spray it on WT. Soaking....Are you using a serum as your hair dries as well?

Nyambura - I haven't tried the curls stuff yet - but my feeling is that the cream would be a better substitute for the taming cream than the dream curls. The Dream Curls is what pulls it all together on my hair.

The "recipe" is designed to 1. add moisture and seal the cuticle some (the leave in or conditioner), tame frizz and give some control (the styling cream, add shine and more defintion (the serum), and curl (the Dream Curls - which is a spray BTW).

My sense is that if your hair doesn't like one or more of the product choices that work on my hair, you could substitute things that have the same purpose in your own "recipe" but the recipe should remain the same. Mositure, Frizz Control, Shine, Curl.

shinyblackhair

Wow!!! The John Frieda stuff made your hair do that Foxy!!!! I'm going pick up some of that stuff pronto! Your hair is beautiful!!!

I am continually amazed by the amount of hot chicks we have on this board! It makes me feel so proud to be a part of this community.

moneychaser

[ QUOTE ]
Scasey said:
Tracy is a completly unselfish genius.

[/ QUOTE ]
Tracy is a sweet heart

Question~ How do you scrunch your hair

Tracy

Just grab the ends of a chunk of your hair up into the palms of your hand and squeeze your hand (and the hair in it) into a tight fist. Squeeze for about 3 seconds and let go.

And thank you guys for saying such nice things to me. You guys are sweeties as well, and I'm happy to share.

Imagine if we all ended up in the same club together? The menz would NOT be ready....